Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Like Any Of These Skill Lines Added?

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    .Nature magic does not really exist in TES lore, at least not much
    .PRetty much all the necromancers on the side of Manimarco, and they are hated by everyone in most of the alliances, cept maybe Dunmer society and even then only for VERY specific purposes, not regular combat.
    .IF the Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood ever actually come out, we are supposed to get a skill line for them.
    .The only magic we need in a class is Ice now, so elementalist would be useless
    .Sniper and fortress do not even make ANY SENSE as a skill line, they already exist with Bow and Sword and shield/heavy armor.

so yeah, besides the two guild lines, which are GOING to be in tehgame already, none of these skills lines make any sense, nor is there any chance for them being added anyway.

Except nature magic does exist. Especially in this game.
    I am not a lore expert, but just from this game you have the Wyrdesses. A group of nature-based sorceresses that specialize in nature-based magic. You also have their opposing cult and other mages in the game using dark magic to manipulate nature and its creatures.
    The Bosmer's command over animals is definitely nature-based magic.
    The House Telvanni also have those mushroom houses. That's implied to be some pretty mysterious and high-level magic but it is present.
    I'm sure there's some other examples. Don't Argonians have some degree of connection to the plant-life in Black Marsh? Or the Bosmer to the forests of Valenwood?

You could also argue Midas Magic, since it (breifly) became a paid mod and supported by Bethesda. As far as I am concerned that means its lore-friendly (although not official lore) and plausible.

.Not really, The Bosmer are good with aimals because of their inate connection to nature, it is not something anyone can learn.
    .AGain, not nature as in LEaves, grass, etc magic
    .again, nope, if you read the lore, Telvanni are simply using arcane magic to grow them and then enlarge them, not really .nature magic, just magic, nor something you could use in battle. Also, as you just said TElvanni, which is BY FAR the group of the most powerful magic users of all time, behind only the Altmer's Psyjic monks.
    .argoniants are the same as Bosmer, an inate racial thing, not something you could actually learn.

also, Beth DID NOT support midas magic, all they did was say "yah, you can put up your mods for a price" they never TOUCHED those mods, they likely had no idea what mods were being added. Midas MAgic is as lore-friendly as any other mod and had ZERO support from beth.

You have admitted they have a natural connection to nature. This connection is undeniably magical.
    Whether or not it can be controlled to the degree of harnessing it for combat is up for debate.

The Telvanni are undeniably manipulating the plant life. Growing/ enlarging certainly counts. Whether or not it can be adapted into a combat suitable magic is another question entirely.
    If you could manipulate size and shape could you manipulate the speed or direction of the growth? What about density? If so it could easily be used as a weapon.

You still have not addressed they Wyrdesses, however. Their magic is undeniably nature-based, although it seems more intended as support magic and not combat-based.

There's also the nature of Spriggans. While they are non-human and literally a part of nature itself they have a connection to nature and appear to be able to meld with trees and conjure nature to do their bidding. In theory, could their magic not be imitated?.

please, show me in ANY TES game where there have been spells to be able to attack with plant-life, etc.

There's a quest in Auridon where a young mage constructs an island using magic. Later in the quest if you have her turn on her parents, she summons roots which bind and harm them. Boom. It's in THIS game.
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    The thing I would like to see most would be some old school alteration or mysticism, like slow falling or mark/recall. I loved the fact that back in Morrowind, you could do things by casting spells you otherwise couldn't. But honestly, I doubt the feasibility of it for balancing reasons and the fact that ESO is not so sandboxy. Imagine your keep in Cyrodiil overrun by sorcerers levitating over the wall. You could only get away by casting slow falling and jumping from a cliff...
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    minfaer wrote: »
    The thing I would like to see most would be some old school alteration or mysticism, like slow falling or mark/recall. I loved the fact that back in Morrowind, you could do things by casting spells you otherwise couldn't. But honestly, I doubt the feasibility of it for balancing reasons and the fact that ESO is not so sandboxy. Imagine your keep in Cyrodiil overrun by sorcerers levitating over the wall. You could only get away by casting slow falling and jumping from a cliff...

Isn't that really powerful magic though? I mean when we see NPC mages casting portals and such, they often comment on how draining it is on them. It wouldn't really be something that we, the player, could use just willy nilly. I love that that sort of magic exists in Tamriel, but it seems a little too strong for us.
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    MCMancub wrote: »

Isn't that really powerful magic though? I mean when we see NPC mages casting portals and such, they often comment on how draining it is on them. It wouldn't really be something that we, the player, could use just willy nilly. I love that that sort of magic exists in Tamriel, but it seems a little too strong for us.

I like becoming a powerfull mage. You know, having 20k mana and just using them for tasks that could be completd by an orc who was repeatedly hit on the head by his father to test his hammer is a little... humiliating for my altmer.

Besides, again refering to Morrowind, those things can be done by almost any grown up Dunmer. Lifting yourself up a little is not like teleproting an entire army to coldharbor.
    Edited by minfaer on April 30, 2015 4:45PM
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    MCMancub wrote: »

the mark/recall spells were put in the game to replace Fast traveling from teh previous two games, was never in Arena or daggerfall. it was pretty basic magic in the one game it appeared in though. as for levitate, yeah, would be broken beyond belief in PVP.
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    On the other hand... Imagine the EPICNESS of a fight for air superiority, 2 groups of sorcs flying high above the imperial city, flinging spells at each other, bodies falling along with the ones that were too focused on the fight and spent all their mana when their levitation expired, while the troops on the ground are fighting to establish silence fields and forward bases, or to conquer the towers to win the fight, or launching surprise attacks to kill the ones recovering...

On second thought, this is not how TES is. But it would be no less epic.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elementalist Lines ( Multiple Mage Lines Focused On The Elements)
    I would like an expanded sorcerer mage line since the skills there are shock based. I prefer to play a fire mage and think the sorcerer line should compliment the destruction staff more than it does. I know lots of mages love shock but it has never been my first choice.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer (Undead Class)
    @PKMN12
    Chill. Fo' real.
    It's simply a discussion on the matter.
    I never said it was in this game or any other, at least not as a combat option.
    I'm simply saying that the TES universe has shown that magical manipulation/ connection to nature is real and could, theoretically, be harnessed in a way to make it combat practical.

It's an interesting concept and there isn't any particular reason it could not be implemented.Even if it were only implemented as support magic, it's still an interesting alternative and would add to what we already have.

Not sure if you've noticed, but that user does not simply "chill." Never has around here. :)
    Edited by nastuug on April 30, 2015 5:06PM
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    nastuug wrote: »
    @PKMN12
    Chill. Fo' real.
    I'm simply saying that the TES universe has shown that magical manipulation/ connection to nature is real and could, theoretically, be harnessed in a way to make it combat practical.

It's an interesting concept and there isn't any particular reason it could not be implemented.Even if it were only implemented as support magic, it's still an interesting alternative and would add to what we already have.

Not sure if you've noticed, but that user does not simply "chill." Never has around here. :)

So, frost-skillline wouldn't be for him, propably.

I do like shock, but i also like more choice. I'd prefer some less direct ways of dominating a fight, maybe something control-orientated...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    Thrives has already been added with the completion of the justice system announced it is to come. So two items in your list are mute.

Sniper/Long range is already in the game as best as it can be implemented in ESO. Archer can build toto add extra range.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    A lot of those could be incorporated into the existing classes/skill lines easily enough. The Thieves Guild and Darkbrother hood could be put into Legerdemain. The Necromancer, Druid and Elementalist into the Sorcerer class. The Fortress into 1H + Shield. And the Sniper in the Bow Skill line. IMO, a Sorcerer should have already had these three Skill lines, Necromancer-Summoner, Druid Nature Damage/Healing and Elementalist - Mage Specializing in Fire, Ice or Lightning.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    nastuug wrote: »
    @PKMN12
    Chill. Fo' real.

So, frost-skillline wouldn't be for him, propably.

I do like shock, but i also like more choice. I'd prefer some less direct ways of dominating a fight, maybe something control-orientated...

Ima going to ignore that person's comment and point out that i actually REALLY want a way to play a frost-based warrior character. Also, yes, a Crowd control role REALLY should have been a thing.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer (Undead Class)
    Obscure wrote: »
    * Gud stuff. *
    Also Needed:
    • Dual Wield - skill line needs overhauled (lacks gap closer, lacks utility, lacks DPS, lacks heal, lacks defence, and generally does nothing well but spam Steel Tornado or Flying Blade).
    Yes, and 2handers only use Wrecking blow, and Archers only use Focused Aim, and sword and board only use .... whatever they have.. NERF ALL THE THINGS AND BUFF EVERYTHING ELSE

@ Post: Necromancy, Skill Line (not class) yay.
    and thieves/dark brotherhood .. rly? those ARE coming and you feel the need to put them here?
    And the druid line could be a 'summoner' of sorts, calling out spriggans and senche and stuff... could be fun to murder them in PvP while their tigers are biting someone for 600 something damage ^^

the rest of the poll is kinda..... bad. And voters should feel bad ._."
    Edited by Lenikus on April 30, 2015 5:23PM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Daemyn
    Daemyn
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    Many of those are very good, I would definitely like to see them in, but I have wanted since the start of the game a Beast Master/Tamer sort of skill line, so that pets aren't limited to just sorcerers. Ideally, it would involve actually going out and finding a beast you like to tame, though you would be restricted to certain animals until you leveled the skill line higher.

For example, at the start, you can tame only things like guar, and then you move to wolves, big cats, bears, and onwards. There should be a passive of course to make the "weaker" beasts as strong as the top tier ones if you prefer keeping one of them with you. The morphs for the skill could add the ability to have either two animals at once, or special animals of some sort.

This would be open to any class as a special line, perhaps a guild, and it could even include things like a "pack animal" passive that adds to your inventory.

The skill line could level as simply as having the pet summon skill on your bar (it could be an ultimate, but it'd be sad to not be able to pet and werewolf at the same time...that might be best for balance though).
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All The Above But (?) (Explain Below)
    Druid (Can I have Spriggan motif now?) and Necro class, yes please.

Also, even though there has been some multi-nation deal prohibiting the use of Polearms in Bethesda -produced games since Morrowind, would like that Weapon Skill line. Though it is impossible. Allegedly.

Same goes for Thrown Weapons (small axes, daggers, stars, javelins, etc.); shorter range than bows, but faster attack.

Unarmed, complete with, wait for it, KICKING. No, that's impossible. Sorry I mentioned it.

Most importantly, and most seriously of course, must have a Bard class. Instead of fighting, the player will perform cult classics using the class lines of Percussive Syncopation, Woodwind Melodization, and String Layerifying in order to dazzle and entrance opponents into submission. Appreciate the irony as Molag Bal claps his hands and bows his head in complete submission to your tune mastery. This will be an extremely overpowered class, and will ruin PVP. I apologize in advance.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted about religion in another thread about new skills recently (and then saw the Aedra/Daedra thread which was suggesting pretty much the same thing).

There are enough Divines and Daedric Princes to provide a lot of new skills line but of course, you'd only be allowed to follow one (presumably with some rather nasty/costly sanctions for moving to another).

Why not give followers of Hircine or Kynareth nature magic lines if nature magic is wanted, Nocturnal could provide a new stealth/Nightblade style line.

A religious following could also give a character a second faction with specific quests for the gods.
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain Below)
    There are a few chacrters you encounter in TES universe that I have always wondered, what can't a player be that? I feel the ESO is in a unique position where it could add a feature to, for example, become a lich. Really I guess what I am getting at is it would be nice to see a greater exploration of what character's can be outside of the 4 classes, vampire, and werewolf that actually add to a character's mechanical identity.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last