The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tremendous amount of gold to change class

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Would you like the option to change your class for a tremendous amount of gold, say 300k?
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, class is something you should not be allowed to change. I do not want a VR14 templar running around with no idea how to play his class because he leveled as a Dragon knight the entire time.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    no, class is something you should not be allowed to change. I do not want a VR14 templar running around with no idea how to play his class because he leveled as a Dragon knight the entire time.

Why is everyone so concerned with what everyone else chooses to do?

I would like class changes, and I would like them to not cost an arm and a leg.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One MILLION gold, mwa ha ha.

I wouldn't want a veteran level character with zero class skills. But if someone else wants to do it, they can go for it as far as I'm concerned.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because this is an MMO, thus grouping in endgame is important. Having a Templar healer with no idea what ANY of his abilitys do at all would basically make the entire thing impossible to compete, for example. At least if he went from Sorcerer tank to healer, he would still know what a lot of his ability do.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, how do I make this a poll?
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • drackonir
    drackonir
    ✭✭✭
    why not :)

But with all skills progress zeroed :p
    "Even Gods dislike the absolute, for it stinks of something larger than themselves."
    Sotha Sil
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no justification for being able to change class, but any clamouring for it will lend support to the "slippery slope" argument put forward against being able to change race.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I'm torn on this.
    I feel like a new class should require a new character. However I understand how annoying it must be to do that after reaching VR levels.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because this is an MMO, thus grouping in endgame is important
    How about not everyone is interested in that type of content, you do realise only a minority of players are?

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 3:45PM
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    because this is an MMO, thus grouping in endgame is important. Having a Templar healer with no idea what ANY of his abilitys do at all would basically make the entire thing impossible to compete, for example. At least if he went from Sorcerer tank to healer, he would still know what a lot of his ability do.

Because google isn't a thing.

Not like I don't already know what all my morphs do before I unlock them.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about not everyone is interested in that type of content, you do realise only a minority of players are?

IF you are at endgame, grouping is what most people are going to be doing. And because that is the MAJOR part of endgame content, whether you do it or not, or want it to be or not.

knowing what they do does not equal knowing how to use them.

• Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Then even more reason to not have class changes. People mostly rush to do endgame content. Create a new character And take your time!

Suru
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn on this.
    I feel like a new class should require a new character. However I understand how annoying it must be to do that after reaching VR levels.
    Not if grinding is still an option. Slot a couple weapon abilities and slot the first ability of each class skill line. Grow from there. However, will probably need a respec because ZoS won't automatically refund skill points from a discontinued skill line (vamp/ww for example)

As for switching to Templar healer/tank or DK tank, then I would be worried.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ticked me off in wow with free top level characters because we had pugs where someone could not heal because he did not know what abilities did what. After long talks with him i found out he was in the wrong dam tree partly and i don't want this in eso lol.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont think class changing is good for mmos even wow doesnt SELL that. just sayin lol. just think it would be bad for the dedication to the game/character. if people could swap classes alot less would stick with 1 thing i suppose. just a guess. idc about people learning their class everyone does it at their own pace.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class change.... most ridiculous thing i've read so far..
    If a class change was possible, you would be granted 0 skills, meaning you'd have to lvl all of them up, so why not lvl them up by making a new character?
    If you are so lazy, why not just ask a crown store option to buy a fully legendary geared, v14 character, with emperor passives, all achievements in game etc?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, nm.
    Edited by Sallington on April 30, 2015 4:29PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My big problem with the idea of buying a class change (aside from what people have already mentioned about grouping with people who have no idea how to play their new class - which I'm not really concerned about for my own sake, but I can understand that would be incredibly frustrating to people trying to do end-game content with those players) is that it would lead to much more propagation of the Flavour of the Month builds, and IMO that makes it harder to maintain a good balance across the classes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot fathom being able to change class. I think the ability to change race shouldn't be added but it is.

Regardless, anything like this would cost crowns, hence, real world gold.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like the option to change your class for a tremendous amount of gold, say 300k?

Wow... that's a great idea! Only rich players should be able to change class!

Ummm, NO. Make it cost like 20,000 G so everyone can grind it out in one afternoon.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Gold is something people farm. I have friends with over millions,
    IF there's ever the possibility, it should be sold for at least 10.000 Crowns; and also reset *Every* Skill Line, except Mages guild, wich needs lorebooks, and Soul Magic, wich requires the main Story chapters... people who really want it would pay and grind anyway.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's an MMO, a genre which apparently attracts judgmental busybodies in droves. But don't dare point that out, or they'll tell you to "go play Skyrim" or whatever!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    how about to change your class for 5k euros?
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

No, just no...

Race change is one thing, no class or faction changes.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, no gold required. It's free. Just hit the DELETE button and follow the steps.

IF you are at endgame, grouping is what most people are going to be doing. And because that is the MAJOR part of endgame content, whether you do it or not, or want it to be or not.

knowing what they do does not equal knowing how to use them.
    @PKMN12 , he's confusing having skills with having Skill.

For instance, golfer, here's another Google Search: https://www.google.com/search?q=appendectomy

I'm sure we can have someone read it over and then give it a go. What do you say?

They're almost the same thing, right?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS