Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot interact with door of Keep(s)

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Due to many lag I'm not even able to open any doors at Keeps. Everyone seems to enter in slow motion, but when hovering the cursor over the door, E is not possible to use.

When I interact with the door it does make a sound of opening the door, but isn't processing to its next view.
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask almost any player in Cyrodiil about this, and they will say, "You're just now experiencing this?" At best, I have to press the key twice to actually interact/pass through a keep door. At worst, I have to jump off the battlements of the inner keep because I can't interact with the doors. Some say that this is due to lag, but I have sat around for a good 10 minutes after resurrecting at a keep, still unable to interact with the doors.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    Ive experienced both versions of uninteractable doors. The one cause by lag 'E' will grey out and then light up again almost instantly, eventually you'll port through, regardless of spamming 'E'

The second version where you inevitably have to jump from the top floor to escape, ive attributed to recieving mail, if i log out and back in theres always a new mail icon there...mail has also caused a few issues outside of cyrodil for me, had a few infinite load screens after using a wayshrine, after an alt F4 and relog..new mail icon sat there
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having to press "E" twice to interact with basically anything in Cyrodiil (doors, transitus shrines, whatever) is perfectly normal.
    What's highly anoying are those instances where a single press of "E" actually worked by some miracle and since you pressed twice you go into the door and right away out again. Fortunatly, those occations of interacting with doors actually working are rare, and double, tripple or quadrupple spamming "e" at doors gets you savely through them within the next 30 seconds most of the time!
    Edited by Morvul on April 29, 2015 8:35AM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra1ne wrote: »
    The second version where you inevitably have to jump from the top floor to escape, ive attributed to recieving mail

If this is the cause, it would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. For such a bug to even appear for that reason, their code must be hopelessly messy and convoluted, and if they can't fix it for months, they must not be able to find their way around in the code any more.

Did you report this as a /bug? I think the information might actually be useful to ZOS, if they still pay any attention to bug reports.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Ra1ne wrote: »
    The second version where you inevitably have to jump from the top floor to escape, ive attributed to recieving mail

If this is the cause, it would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. For such a bug to even appear for that reason, their code must be hopelessly messy and convoluted, and if they can't fix it for months, they must not be able to find their way around in the code any more.

Did you report this as a /bug? I think the information might actually be useful to ZOS, if they still pay any attention to bug reports.

I report everything via /bug.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    I report everything via /bug.

Good to hear, but I was actually asking @Ra1ne, the person I quoted, because that post contained a hint to what might be causing the bug.
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    Nope, but will do tonight when inevitably happens
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's mail. My mailbox sits close to full on some nights due to rewards of the worthy. Whether or not I have unread mail doesn't seem to make a difference.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor, favorite gampley in ESO.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you die and rez inside a keep sometimes you have to hit escape, weapon swap, or dodge roll and the door will work again.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    I don't think it's mail. My mailbox sits close to full on some nights due to rewards of the worthy. Whether or not I have unread mail doesn't seem to make a difference.

I wasnt saying its just having unread mail, its seems to be new mail popping during the short load screen after you res at a keep, thats the only consistent thing i see when its not lag causing it, it takes a relog or another death for the new mail to actually appear.

You Die
    Res a keep
    Load screen(new mail arrives here)
    Now zoned in again, door doesn't work, mail still shows same amount of unread mail as before you died
    Relog or go Die again to force another load screen and you have new mail, doors now work correctly again
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I've found myself a stupid solution, but it doesn't work always :smile:
    When I'm right at the door, against it E doesn't work.
    Now when I'm a few inches away from the door and press E it works.. but as said not always.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when I can't get in after a few presses of the "E" key then finally get in a start heading to the next door and I am lag teleported (because the extra button presses finally catch up) back outside into the enemy zerg.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Cyrodiil friend, enjoy your stay.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I love when I can't get in after a few presses of the "E" key then finally get in a start heading to the next door and I am lag teleported (because the extra button presses finally catch up) back outside into the enemy zerg.

Recognizable situation :smiley:
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

Thx m8 ;)

But if you don't say anything they assume that everything works fine, which isn't always.. :smile:

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

Thx m8 ;)

But if you don't say anything they assume that everything works fine, which isn't always.. :smile:

I have been sending bug reports ever since before the game launched 1 year ago, if you for one moment think that ZOS gives a single damn about PvP or its community then you are mistaken good sir.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on April 30, 2015 4:05PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn this must be a new issue..........
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you die and rez inside a keep sometimes you have to hit escape, weapon swap, or dodge roll and the door will work again.

do this people, it will get you through that nasty door.

when the game lags though, good luck getting the door to work at all though.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon swap usually works for me.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭

do this people, it will get you through that nasty door.

when the game lags though, good luck getting the door to work at all though.

Nope.

There are occasions where I weapon swap, dodge roll, sprint, hit ESC, stand at different distances from the door, etc. Nothing works. Some might respond with, "This is probably a latency/client-side issue." Problem is: one year after release such bugs with basic functionality of interactables shouldn't be an issue. Sure, sometimes you hit a container or an NPC, and you have to wait 10s for the game to respond, and this is acceptable. Complete non-response is not. In response to @Ra1ne, if that is indeed the issue, it is very sad. The fact that I have to relog in order to get items from guild stores is bad enough. If in-game mail is so poorly coded that it causes major problems, I don't think there's much hope for anything else in this game.
    Edited by C0pp3rhead on May 1, 2015 6:55AM