The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning Player

raven2392
raven2392
Soul Shriven
Hello, I used to play when the game first came out, but quit due to how grindy it felt. I just couldn't engage myself in the game.

Now I'm coming back for a second attempt.

Out of curiosity, what is the strongest current class? I want to be able to destroy enemies whilst questing.
  • raven2392
    raven2392
    Soul Shriven
    Can't even find the edit feature on my original post. I currently have a level 30 DragonKnight, who has no talents/skills due to the reset that they done.

I enjoyed that character, but now I feel overwhelmed as I've completely forgotten everything about it. Is it worth just carrying on this character?
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    raven2392 wrote: »
    Can't even find the edit feature on my original post. I currently have a level 30 DragonKnight, who has no talents/skills due to the reset that they done.

I enjoyed that character, but now I feel overwhelmed as I've completely forgotten everything about it. Is it worth just carrying on this character?

DK is a strong class. Arguably the best as tank, on par with other dps, can heal ok. Still strong in PVP.

I'd recomend you to choose first what resource use as dps (racials can influence this a lot), choose a weapon of that resource, morphs acording to that decision (some morphs can now be chosen to use and scale with stamina) and armor for that (medium or light). After that is a matter of try diferent skills and learn again the game (it has changes a bit since the beggining).
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the strongest class is really up for debate right now

Sorcerers are really strong, but have a very high degree of difficulty, one mistakes is really punishing

Dragonknights are as strong as ever, not much change there

Nightblades are currently hailed as the broken op at the moment, dont know why but thats the word on the forums

Templars.......well i guess they are strong, havent seen much static on the forums about it, but i did witness a temp ganker in bruma the other day that drawed out a 1v1 battle with a really powerful DK for close to 20 min before winning.

The classes are rather balanced right now, they may be one or two outstanding issues, like the NB fear techniques, but really things are balanced

If your looking for a easy class to breeze through the game, DK might still be the best bet

However if you want to know if the game is still grindy, it is, probably worse than before. nothing has really changed since launch on that front, and dont expect it to change till console version comes out, even then dont expect it for 2 or more months. The devs are ignoring everything , even balance problems, for the console launch
  • raven2392
    raven2392
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both for your input.

I used to love the atmosphere and the in-game music. So that is one reason I'll be coming back.

I think I may be best just sticking with my Dragon Knight then and finding a build online to use for leveling. I'd like to do some healing/dps with staffs (I believe it was a Destruction Staff and Restoration Staff) so if anybody can recommend any builds for leveling with them then I'd like to hear that.

Or perhaps 1h Sword and Shield for tanking may also be an option. I remember that the dungeons were fairly challenging.
    Edited by raven2392 on April 30, 2015 11:36AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve has been made stupid easy, seriously a *** monkey could solo most of the pve in the game.

PvP is a difficult as ever,

Really, just make whatever suits your playstyle and lets you have fun, when it comes to pve.

pvp though, its brutal no matter your build, your gonna die, there is NO end all be all class in pvp, no matter what whiners will tell you.