The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Graphics just got worse in front of my eyes

ItsRejectz
ItsRejectz
✭✭✭✭✭
For some reason my games graphics suddenly just got worse. Not the best picture, but this is what they were like. http://i.imgur.com/2wV5Z42.jpg
but all of a sudden they have turned into this.
http://i.imgur.com/bn9WF7O.jpg
All my menus,UI,HUD, and loading screens all look fine. But for some reason my actual game looks blurry and pixleated. It happened right in front of my eyes and nothing in my settings changed. Ive not the best PC in the world, but i run most things on high and hold a 70 - 100fps.
Best way i can describe what it's like, is like when you change your subsampling quality to low, but its on high :(
Anyone know why this may of happened?
Thanks
Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, can you check the resolution in your in-game settings?

Okay, you have subsampling on high so it is probably the following:

When I play in Fullscreen (not Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen) and change the resolution it does the same thing as you showed in your screenshots.

I don't really understand why fullscreen doesn't change the monitor's resolution and only the game's internal render resolution. Some weird programming choice, I guess.

Or maybe it's a bug, who knows.

Hopefully this the problem you're facing, and the information I've provided helps. :-)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your GPU ran out of small pixels, and had to use the huge untouched stash of large pixels. People use too many small pixels these days, and they are in somewhat short supply.

When I was young, we would have been happy to have even the large pixels. All we had was huge pixels, and most of them weren't even moving.

(Seriously, your subsampling quality is obviously not in line with the settings. Change it back and forth and see whether it helps.)
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Seriously, your subsampling quality is obviously not in line with the settings. Change it back and forth and see whether it helps.)

I'm not entirely sure that's the problem. It is, of course, worth double checking subsampling, but I trust ItsRejectz when he or she says it's on high.

For example:
    Here's two different 1080p screenshots with and without the same problem shown above:

rOQsKm1.jpg
    dQCQ03f.jpg

All I did was change my in-game resolution with the game fullscreened.
    Edited by Valve on April 30, 2015 12:42PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valve wrote: »
    Hi, can you check the resolution in your in-game settings?

Okay, you have subsampling on high so it is probably the following:

When I play in Fullscreen (not Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen) and change the resolution it does the same thing as you showed in your screenshots.

I don't really understand why fullscreen doesn't change the monitor's resolution and only the game's internal render resolution. Some weird programming choice, I guess.

Or maybe it's a bug, who knows.

Hopefully this the problem you're facing, and the information I've provided helps. :-)

EDIT: Fixed it thanks @Valve - I changed to Fullscreen windows and it fixed the issue. I am not sure why it changed in the first place though.. Still, thanks man :D

My Subsample is on high, it's the same settings i have been using for over a year on this game :(
    I even put everything to default and changed to my settings, restarted my PC and its still bad.

I am really confused, because i was running to a stable in game and it changed in front of my eyes. I cant understand why it happened. I just loaded up CS:GO and BF4 and they look fine, so i dont think something on my PC has died
    Edited by ItsRejectz on April 30, 2015 12:45PM
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really confused, because i was running to a stable in game and it changed in front of my eyes.

I can't really say I'm surprised. My experience with this game over the past year has been anything but "stable", if you pardon the pun. Hence my advice to fiddle with the settings back and forth, even though they appeared to be set right. Nice to hear that you solved it, though.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 12:56PM
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (deleted double post)
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 12:55PM