The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question: Do gold keys scale loot to Vet Rank when used?

Peekachu99
Peekachu99
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As the question implies. I only have on V14 and I'm working on another (VR2 atm). Since I've been running Vet pledges on my alt, I've been saving up all of the gold keys he's gotten. I'm assuming that whenever I choose to open a chest, the loot will scale to my Vet Rank. Am I assuming correctly? Or is the loot somehow locked to VR1/2, since that's when the gold keys were acquired? I can't seem to find any answer to this specific question via a Google search, so I'm reaching out to those of you with multiple toons who may have tested the above.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by Peekachu99 on April 30, 2015 12:44PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It scales to your level so save them until you get to V14.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did when I was getting them at V10-13. I grabbed them at V14 and all the loot was v14.

It would be hard for them to lock the level, as they would have to make different stacks of gold keys.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    They did when I was getting them at V10-13. I grabbed them at V14 and all the loot was v14.

It would be hard for them to lock the level, as they would have to make different stacks of gold keys.

Thanks for the info guys/ gals. That's exactly what I've been doing. I know that some MMORPGs secretly "lock" lootboxes and rewards based upon when you acquire them (DCUO comes to mind). Glad to hear that my thrifty key hoarding will pay off!
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    good idea :)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC