Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Promotional/Coupon Code?

Mercutio
Mercutio
✭✭✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all have a great weekend. I was looking to buy some Crowns and there is an area to enter a coupon or promotional code.

Are these available to the general public? Where can I find them? Want to get the most for my money and both a Google and Forum search yielded no answers.

Thanks for your time!
The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
#DwemerLife
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know ZOS haven't actually issued any special promo codes yet., this is likely just a data entry box ready for when they do.
  • Echo_Silence
    Hey Mercutio, how are you doing? I never used a promotional code for crowns, And yes I'm sure you can find promotional codes sometimes on the forums and most likely on the news feed on the launcher. (Usually the would post a code if there was something special going on). But if you want I can tell you where you can buy crowns for a really good price, If you ever heard of G2A it's a place where you buy games and the money goes to charity. I buy the 5500 crowns package all the time and I get it for $25.00. And if you choose to buy it from there they have coupons to get a couple bucks off. Hope this can save you a couple extra bucks!

-PS: When you buys this that are over $10.00's on the site make sure you enable G2A shield so if the key is invalid you can get a refund it's like $1.00 to enable it. I never got an invalid key but just in case buy the shield, Haha.

@Mercutio

~Echo_Silence
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Echo_Silence arent this just Steam-Keys?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Echo_Silence
    No, when you buy the codes on G2A you just login to Elder Scrolls Online Site and click "Redeem Code" and that's it. :)
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Nope its people that buys games with Steam money .Redeem the cd keys and then sell it off so they can get real money. Nothing wrong with it. And yes some parts do go to charity as well. Some very good deals there,. But not sure if you allowed to advertise on this forum. so maybe just spoiler the name so people have to click it.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm k ty, have to try this out with 750 crowns. ZOS still want me to add a Creditcard to PayPal if I buy crowns.....
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Echo_Silence
    Ahh, sorry to hear that. Well I hope this can fix the problem!
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. It's important to point out that we do not support ESOTU codes purchased through 3rd party retailers (that is, any outlet other than Steam and our official digital store). If you decide to purchase codes through a 3rd party retailer (like G2A, which is mentioned in some comments above), please be aware that our Support Team cannot assist if you encounter any issues redeeming the code.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Echo_Silence
    As AmeliaR said if you want to do it the safe way you can just buy the crowns from there site, or steam. But like I said if you wanted to buy from G2A just get the shield and if the key doesn't work just contact G2A and they will handle it. Thanks for giving us that information by the way.

@ZOS_AmeliaR

~Echo_Silence
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mercutio, how are you doing? I never used a promotional code for crowns, And yes I'm sure you can find promotional codes sometimes on the forums and most likely on the news feed on the launcher. (Usually the would post a code if there was something special going on). But if you want I can tell you where you can buy crowns for a really good price, If you ever heard of G2A it's a place where you buy games and the money goes to charity. I buy the 5500 crowns package all the time and I get it for $25.00. And if you choose to buy it from there they have coupons to get a couple bucks off. Hope this can save you a couple extra bucks!

-PS: When you buys this that are over $10.00's on the site make sure you enable G2A shield so if the key is invalid you can get a refund it's like $1.00 to enable it. I never got an invalid key but just in case buy the shield, Haha.

@Mercutio

~Echo_Silence

some good pricings at g2a, but the checkou/pays your munney process seems to have be coded most indiffently. either that, or they don't really care if they sell anything. after spending over thirty minutes simply trying to purchase some items via an ever shifting, absoluely unclear free form interface, i still didn't manage to get anything order, for some obscure reason.

maybe i'll give it another shot tomorrow when i've got (marginally) more patience.

thanks for the info, echo.

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll just hold off till either a discount sale is offered or something I really want is put in the CS. I appreciate the info and posts from everyone here.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. It's important to point out that we do not support ESOTU codes purchased through 3rd party retailers (that is, any outlet other than Steam and our official digital store). If you decide to purchase codes through a 3rd party retailer (like G2A, which is mentioned in some comments above), please be aware that our Support Team cannot assist if you encounter any issues redeeming the code.

So please make the game time cards avalible via the store...
    They are still not out there in the world, at least very rare... and it will be interesting to see if I can find one when my eso+ ends... but if I can't I guess I can't support the game by buying one.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems weird they have a subscription coupon code box but don't offer any codes or discounts for subscribers...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering this myself when purchasing some crowns and noticing the Coupon Discount box. As far as I know, ZOS has never sent out any coupons of any kind to their customers. You would think they would throw us a bone once in awhile if you are ESO Plus subscribers, or purchase a certain number of crowns per month. They are just cheap I guess :)
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    I purchase XBox gift cards from Kroger that are always 2X fuel points and often 4X fuel points... so for every $100 you spend you get $.10 off each gallon of gas.

$100 gift card at 4X Fuel points = $.40 per gallon.
    Also, I use a credit card that has Reward Points. The key is to pay the card off each month so that you do not pay interest.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Mercutio

~Echo_Silence

I just checked for the 5500 crown package and it is $32.00 now.