The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug: destructive touch skill fails vs damage shields

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Tested this pretty thoroughly today vs a willing enemy sorcerer. When the sorcerer had harness magicka or hardened ward up, the only effect the destructive touch skill (first one in destruction staff line) had was its initial damage; the CC effect of the knockback/stun was negated as was the damage over time effect.

I believe this bug is specific to the destructive touch skill as other form of magicka CC attacks, such as stonefirst and fossilized, worked against a shield using sorcerer. Also, the unstable flame and fire breathe dots also worked normally.

During these tests I noticed that the Valkyn skoria set never procced against damage shields. From what I remember, the issue of "hits" registering against damage shields that triggered ultimate game was resolved. I am wondering why there is an inconsistency in mechanics here. If attacks against damage shields are to be considered hits, then they should proc anything dependent on a hit (for ex., the siphon spirit skill). I say this as an unabashed shield stacker. These defenses are quite good as it is, they should not be providing free CC immunity vs destruction staves nor prevent opposing players from generating the procs they need and count on to make their builds effective.
Edited by Joy_Division on April 29, 2015 7:17PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destructive touch, cripple, agony, sneak attack stun. Just about anything that has a damage component attached to it. If it does not break the shield there will be no secondary effect.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I recall instances where I did not get sneak criticals against damage shield users.

it would not surprise me if certain CCs were not working against damage shields. DoTs have failed against both blocking and damage shields since..well....forever, and are very difficult to pull off in PvP
    Edited by Cody on April 29, 2015 8:06PM