Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Entire Faction froze -- AD in Azura Star last night

CN_Daniel
CN_Daniel
✭✭✭✭
Yesterday at about 9pm EST 40 AD just froze in place while farming at Glade mine in Azura Star. Please investigate the issue. I appreciate the free AP, as we could still kill them, but that's not the way I want to win.

A response regarding what happened and why would be very much appreciated.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clients crashed. Suggest not balling up 40+ players and flooding aoe heals on each other.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^

rip decibel
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have no idea what happened. All I do know is I was the only one that apparently didnt crash, and was watching the whole thing as all of my guildies were mowed down.

That was a good fight too, high speed, ferocious, no lag really to speak of. But that crash x.x

Also Fengrush, no ones client themselves crashed, everyone was kicked to login or simply froze in place. Nothing moving. Suggests to me the server took a nosedive. Some people in TS were mentioning they could move around but couldnt affect anything around them.
    Edited by Rylana on April 29, 2015 5:03PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then that's a flaw in the game, that should be addressed. Or at least explained officially so we all understand why it happens.

You shouldn't be able to do something IN game that breaks THE game. I'm sure not every person in there groups was healing.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    We have no idea what happened. All I do know is I was the only one that apparently didnt crash, and was watching the whole thing as all of my guildies were mowed down.

That was a good fight too, high speed, ferocious, no lag really to speak of. But that crash x.x

Yeah, it was super super fun, until the game broke...
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called backfire/fail of attempted spammy zerg train. I will say watching 50+ AD pour down from the second floor of the tower all in unison was a site to behold. An image seared in my brain.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Also Fengrush, no ones client themselves crashed, everyone was kicked to login or simply froze in place. Nothing moving. Suggests to me the server took a nosedive. Some people in TS were mentioning they could move around but couldnt affect anything around them.

I have to say that Azuras was awesome last night until you guys pulled that bs and lagged the hell out of the servers, Thanks, you made a lot of people log out the game. Keep it up though, pretty soon there wont be anyone to play with.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish ESO would at least acknowledge what happened and explain it. They have to have logs of it.

I'm not even AD, and I'm mad for them.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    It's called backfire/fail of attempted spammy zerg train. I will say watching 50+ AD pour down from the second floor of the tower all in unison was a site to behold. An image seared in my brain.

Believe me, the 50+ man DC zerg that poured into Brindle, Aleswell, Ash, Nikel, Roebeck, Fare, and finally caved in when we blew up your scroll runner at Blackboot was just as nasty to watch. You know, the one that showed up when yellow was just a chalman away from emp?

I remember quite specifically being the only defender in Ash, blue flipping it, me hopping allll over the place trying to keep it contested, until my group showed up. How the hell we actually capped it back from you guys is beyond me.

Our numbers were pretty equal all night until just after that point. Once my guys started logging, the dam broke and DC rolled the map.
    Edited by Rylana on April 29, 2015 5:16PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana, let's not gloss over the fact they AD never once tried to do a durn thing against EP all night, though. So unlike Daniel, my sympathy meter for AD is registering negs 20 at this point. Last night was an AD/EP double P on DC. I admit it was fun-no hard feelings and I am proud of my crew for holding AD off and recapping-I listened from my ts app on my phone. :#
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana, let's not gloss over the fact they AD never once tried to do a durn thing against EP all night, though. So unlike Daniel, my sympathy meter for AD is registering negs 20 at this point. Last night was an AD/EP double P on DC. I admit it was fun-no hard feelings and I am proud of my crew for holding AD off and recapping-I listened from my ts app on my phone. :#

EP took back BRK sejanus and drakelowe and then assaulted arrius at points throughout the night. If you hold BRK you always force EP westward, and sejanus as a back also holds them back and forces them west.

Also DC held all the scrolls and EP held none. What would make you think it was anything other than taking back scrolls?

AD took back most the scrolls and then fell when DC at full (in coordination with EP, most of the night mind you) versus AD at 2 falling to 1 bars rolled the map.

So it's awesome you're "proud" of your team outnumbering and cross factioning for the win. There is and never was or likely will ever be any cooperation between AD and EP, but there is between DC and EP. Coordinated attacks on both sides of map at the very same time... most of the night.

Best quote of the thread: "Clients crashed. Suggest not balling up 40+ players and flooding aoe heals on each other." well, uh huh.. that's the ticket. Totally believable. It's odd though, to think that AD where heals are at premium can flood aoe heals.

Lastly... there was no AD zerg. There were a couple groups with limited coordination. Some of us are not even homed on azura.
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Honfold on April 29, 2015 6:55PM
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro, that is not true. AD had a bigger zerg than us. 30 at the chal mine is a low estimate, it was at least 30 if not 50. And they were SUPER coordinated, I was very impressed.

Might not have been with you or your team, but they were there, in huge numbers and well coordinated.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    Bro, that is not true. AD had a bigger zerg than us. 30 at the chal mine is a low estimate, it was at least 30 if not 50. And they were SUPER coordinated, I was very impressed.

Might not have been with you or your team, but they were there, in huge numbers and well coordinated.

Sometimes unrelated groups show up at the same place.

But there is no AD coordinated zerg that operates on Azura that I've ever seen. I wish there were :)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we arrived you had emp and all scrolls. Was bound to be a DC lovefest. We did hit some EP keeps when we tried to push emp, but we found the number of EP there to be severely lacking so we went back DC side (even tried a scroll farm which utterly yielded zero response, so we just ran it)

Just seems like EP side didnt want to play and the only thing they had that we wanted was actually stopped by DC anyway, so its just how it goes.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm telling you, no bias, that was a very well coordinated group. There was no way that team wasn't in a voice-chat together.

Those are facts if you were there and saw it.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they'd give us some kind of explanation about what/why ruined an otherwise awesome fight in pvp land...
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes unrelated groups show up at the same place.

But there is no AD coordinated zerg that operates on Azura that I've ever seen. I wish there were :)

TKO did in fact show up with 2 full raids (more or less, it fluctuated from 35-50 people) for about 3 -4 hours last night. Testing the waters, seeing how things go, the like.

Was pretty decent really, but after our raidcall was over, all our gains were lost. So yes, there was an AD "zerg" of about 50 voicecommed that pushed up/dethroned DC, took two scrolls, assisted a third, and tried to cap emp last night. (on top of the natives, about 2 bars worth i think when we got there, we poplocked it)

Just keeping it honest.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was actually a crazy fight.. we had a small group present as well and were barely noticed cuz of the huge mass of the 2 opposing factions battling it out.... At one point I even got a rez right in the middle of it all and managed to get out to safetly just before that crash where we all dropped to login which sucked.
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on April 29, 2015 7:40PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, let's blame the zerg train and not the *** software/hardware that can't handle the "massive" battles that were hyped when they were trying to sell copies of the game.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Yes, let's blame the zerg train and not the *** software/hardware that can't handle the "massive" battles that were hyped when they were trying to sell copies of the game.

Yes actually, blame the zerg trains and ZOS. Before, sure, you can forgive the zergs for lagging it out, but now, after everything that has happened? Nope, not anymore, they don't get to plead ignorant.

ZOS and the majority of players have acknowledged that this type of game play and certain abilities create massive lag and crashes/DCs people. So why would you continue to behave in a way that is extremely detrimental to everyone in PvP? These people do so, and then throw their hands up in the air when it lags or they crash/DC as if they have no responsibility or blame in this. I still see people spamming meteors/healing springs/purge constantly in zergs.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy. There are alternate ways to play that do not ruin the zerg playstyle, but people don't want to change from the blob on crown and AoE mentality.

I'd love to have those massive battles we were promised, it was amazing at launch. The reality is that we can't have those for the foreseeable future, so adapt to that. Stop lagging the servers and crashing fellow PvPers.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence why I called it a backfire, Takliin. That AD zerg stacked into a ball of 50 jumping down from the tower and running circles around the tower and back into the tower and back down from the tower and around and around again all the while spamming AoE knew exactly what they were doing and we all watched with delight as they froze and crashed themselves out. I'd like to think ZOS flipped a switch to cause this behavior to hurt only those doing it-but I know that's too much to hope for. But I watched it all from my perch on a rock and never once dc'd.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I was there last night. It was extremely fun, definitely a nice change from Thornblade. Especially when that group of EP showed up to make it a 3-way fight xD! I also was one of the people that crashed, but it didn't bother me much since I can't remember the last time the game has actually run without lag or crashing (for me anyway).
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday at about 9pm EST 40 AD just froze in place while farming at Glade mine in Azura Star. Please investigate the issue. I appreciate the free AP, as we could still kill them, but that's not the way I want to win.

A response regarding what happened and why would be very much appreciated.

They crashed, I remember one time a massive amount of DC was heading towards Roe on Thorn, just outside when the two groups started battle, 98% of all people there got kicked out. The 2% was me and like 3 other people in my group, we killed the entire zerg (there were some DC that didnt crash which killed the AD there)
    ~Thallen~
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But but, I thought only EP caused lag! :open_mouth:

How many times have I heard the 'blue v yellow never lags' line spouted?
    Edited by Teargrants on April 29, 2015 8:57PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're giving a specific example or it happening, with all the details needed for a response:

Azura Star

Chalman - Mine

AD - disconnect

~9pm EST

I'd just like to know what happen and why from ZOS. Not speculation from players, although I suspect the speculation is correct.

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    61737501.jpg
  • Bahalul
    Bahalul
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Maybe there's an EP ERPing behind the mine tower, and caused the lag.

EP = Illuminati confirmed.
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

There must be a glitch in our lagspoitation code. :s
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    61737501.jpg

I hope you're wrong, but with their lack of input it seems your opinion may be correct.