The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Travel to Player

sswilhelm_27b14_ESO
I know that zos has said they dont plan to change this but it is really breaking pvp. Guilds of 60+ are traveling to evenly fought campaigns that they do not have as either home or guest, they take everything then leave to the next campaign to do the same. Lesser populated campaigns scramble to bring the numbers to answer but just cant fast enough. This totally ruins the experience for both the defenders and makes the allies dependent on these other campaign guilds to get the job done. Something really needs change with this.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wish there was a "Disagree" button
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    i wish there was a "Disagree" button

There was but people abused it
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I gathered the T2P function is justified by ZoS as a way to allow friends to more easily play with each other.

This is totally great and non problematic.... in PVE.

In PvP I don't think its really needed, since we have guest campaign. Only way I can see it being useful is if someone is a member of multiple PvP guilds, and wants to play with friends in one but already used a guest change within 24 hours.

On the other hand, since we do have guest campaign, how will this keep people from moving around?

Get rid of guest campaigns too?

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't see this as a big issue. I like being able to swap campaigns, and I like it when my opponents do, too. For instance, it is always a thrill to see Havoc on Haderus. I like to drop into Thorn to practice against ridiculous size red zergs, and I like to swap to Azuras for the range of players there.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travel to player in pvp, regardless of the reasons zos thinks it is good idea, is still a bad idea, do the players that travel to other players in other campaigns even need to be, guested there ? do they count toward the population lock ? also lets you bypass one of the outstanding rules ZOS has about no one will have different faction toon in the same campaign, they break their own rules with this game mechanic. I like all things to be equal and fair as much as possible anyway . /shrug

It is fine for pve.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are so many of you guys hell bent on taking away the freedom of movement in a video game meant for entertainment??? Get a life please. I want to play where the talent is and where the numbers are. I want to be able to flee lag if need be as well. And if i get bored on a server or want to go play with my friends in another server I want to be free to play with them.

Moderator note: Edited to remove quoted material and rude comment.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on April 29, 2015 10:12PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've removed an off topic conversation from this thread. Please stick with discussing the travel to player mechanic and how it applies to Cyrodiil. If you'd like to discuss specific fights or campaigns, there are more appropriate threads. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are two campaigns available for everyone for a reason and your choices on these should have consequences.

Currently my guest campaign is used to get me out of /stuck situations and provide free ports. If I want to fight in another campaign I just travel to someone in my friends lists in those campaigns. If you're actively playing with a group of people or friends it makes sense for you all to pick a campaign. If you don't like that campaign in the end you can always choose to change it. We all get two for a reason. Your primary campaign is for your PvE buffs and PvP rewards, your guest campaign is an alternate.

I agree with the OP that there are large groups of people roving around and just "Farming AP" with no real interest in the campaign or anything other than the Farm and they continually upset the balance of the campaigns. This isn't a faction thing or a specific server thing, a ton of different groups to do and this type of behavior needs to be curtailed in any way possible IMO.

Choices should have consequences.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently T2P allows for moving to any campaign. If that campaign is full for your faction then you're placed in the queue along with everyone else.

If you join a PvP guild that looks for PvP and both Thorn and Azura are full and happen to be your Home/Guest campaigns respectively, then you should be allowed to travel to Chillrend or Haderus if those campaigns are empty or have room.

Just because some people are familiar with their opponents, used to deader campaigns or like the style of PvP within their specific campaign doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed to change in any way. Might be annoying if a guild of 60 comes in and roflstomps the map, but in an online game with access to anyone people need to expect that sort of stuff to happen. Same applies if a skilled group comes into the random zerg fights and rakes in the AP.

Learn, adapt, survive and prosper.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently T2P allows for moving to any campaign. If that campaign is full for your faction then you're placed in the queue along with everyone else.

If you join a PvP guild that looks for PvP and both Thorn and Azura are full and happen to be your Home/Guest campaigns respectively, then you should be allowed to travel to Chillrend or Haderus if those campaigns are empty or have room.

Just because some people are familiar with their opponents, used to deader campaigns or like the style of PvP within their specific campaign doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed to change in any way. Might be annoying if a guild of 60 comes in and roflstomps the map, but in an online game with access to anyone people need to expect that sort of stuff to happen. Same applies if a skilled group comes into the random zerg fights and rakes in the AP.

Learn, adapt, survive and prosper.

i agree with this, i mean i understand where op is coming from, but i like T2P. I have been playing on DC more frequently as of late, and the 2 campaigns they actually seem to compete in are Azura's and Chillrend. i can go to those, contrinute and help a lower pop faction, but still home chillrend on my AD main. Its unfortunate that a group of players are ruining the fun for most, but i hope the majority isnt affected by the actions of a few.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just surprised they have not eliminated one or the other, T2P in Cyrodiil or the "you have another character on a different alliance on this campaign" restriction.

ZoS, make a decision on how you want PvP to be and eliminate one or the other. Allowing long-standing workarounds (it's been 12 months already) to remain makes it look like you just don't care.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea,

Make travel to player cost a good amount of AP when your doing it for pvp. Let's say 50k? 100k? This would reduce the PvE player swarming the OP is talking about, because they aren't out there everyday earning it as some of us do. Most of us know they are there just to secure their "buff server".

I mean, of course they could just get rid of buffs for PvE from PvP already! But hey, that's logic, and we don't need that around here right?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"