The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade - End of Campaign Rewards

kijima
kijima
✭✭✭✭✭
So after sifting through all of my end of Campaign rewards, I found that I received a Level 25 Golden Masters Ice Staff... Nice, don't get me wrong, but really...?

I couldn't help but thinking surely there would be 'better' or more suitable rewards than this type of thing. For one, you out grow weapon levels on non vet very quickly, which makes them equally redundant very quickly. Deconstructing the item seems a waste to me also, and of course it's bind on pickup so it's not like you can sell it.

Secondly, how hard would it be to receive Masters gear of the same type that you are using? Come on ZOS, surely it's not hard to manage that. I've got no points in Destro so the Ice staff is close on being useless. By the time I level up Destro (If I wanted to take advantage of the staff) then I'd be many, many levels above the staff I've received. The only upside here is that if I re-roll a tune that I'm leveling up in Destro, then at level 25 the staff will become useful.

VR14 masters end game gear makes sense but non vet Masters gear... I'm not feeling it.

The end of Campaign Rewards seem to be counter intuitive on non-vet. Thoughts?
Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
Kijima - AD DK Derps
Annure - AD NB Derps
Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never use the gear, as the gear is always utterly useless:(

I think they should give things like a cluster of gems, or a crap ton of crafting mats, stuff like that,
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sadest part about pvp rewards on the non vet campaign is that even a legendary lvl49 greatsword isn't any better than a white lvl10 one due to the battle level scaling.

A possible way would be to hand out vet14 weapons no matter what level you have. (btw you get vet13/14 masters weapons when you complete dsa with a low vet rank character)

Another solution would be to change battle leveling so that it will actually have an impact what weapon you use.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, @kijima for DSA or VDSA it would be very simple to, upon looting the final chest/item generation, get the item type that the character has equipped and generate that item type. Or at the very least, make that item type more likely to drop. For items received in mail, a similar approach would probably work, but it might be a tad more difficult.

My point is, generating a masters weapon of the same type that you have equipped would probably not be too difficult. In other words, if ZO$ wanted to, they could do this. They do not. They want us playing for as long as possible to boost their active player and subscription numbers. It's the same for random traits on gear: They want it to be much more difficult to get the gear you want so that you play for as long as possible. I blame this on the poor endgame content and itemization. Plus, they need to dangle a carrot in front of your face so that you don't rage quit over the multifarious bugs still present 1 year after release.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly right, hence the reason for my post. I'm not going to rage quit, and I've got enough VR14 dropped gear that I'm not worried about that, but for non vet...

@ZOS_BrianWheeler can you have a look at the End of Campaign Rewards for Non-Vet and make the weapons drop to the same weapons that character is using.

If my level 25 DK that uses a 2 hander and a bow earns a Masters Weapon due to end of Campaign Rewards, then make it drop the same 2 hander and/or Bow that I'm using.

A level 25 Master Ice Staff is rendered useless in this situation for the reasons above in the first post.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

I think they should give things like a cluster of gems, or a crap ton of crafting mats, stuff like that,

A stack of Columbines! ;)

Edited by Helluin on April 28, 2015 3:54PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

A stack of Columbines! ;)

yes. stuff like that, stuff we can actually use.