Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thornblade NA, Its time for EP to move on.

filmoretub17_ESO
filmoretub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Ok guys you won the server and now you can play all day without any resistance. Meanwhile our EP numbers on Chilrend and Azura's is really hurting. It's hard to have any fun when your faction is outnumbered 30-1 and yet somehow you can sit in Thorn all day being the one who outnumbers others 30-1. Ok time to leave and chase down DC and AD. What I have to do is look at the map numbers and just goto the one that is closest and Chilrend seems to be closest most of the time and Azura is the second closest. I would like to enjoy some real competitive pvp once again.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brace yourselves, Lag bombs are coming
  • Daysie
    Daysie
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing i really love about EP is how the guilds will help each other and support each other when asked. My honest advice to you, is to message a guild lead when you need help on a server. My experience has been when help is asked for it is recieved on EP.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think there's some huge EP pvp force that camps Thorn all day long then I'm afraid you are very mistaken my friend. The EP that play on Thorn are the pve'ers who have been without an EP buff server since AD's pve force (much larger than EP) took over Azura's from them.

There is still two large AD guilds that play Thorn and attempt to take keeps, scrolls, emp, etc. on Thorn and the EP pve'ers often defend their buffs, as have the other factions pve'ers done in the past. These two guilds, Rangers and TKO, often have groups that number in the 30's-70's (I got a x72 blockade once in a TKO tower farm). So pvp guilds, mostly only Havoc, come back to Thorn for the fights against these large guilds as well as to help our pve'ers who have been without a buff server for quite some time.

Whether you agree with or disagree with buff servers is not in question here, just the fact there is no large EP Thorn pvp presence that could come and aid you on Chillrend.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    If you think there's some huge EP pvp force that camps Thorn all day long then I'm afraid you are very mistaken my friend. The EP that play on Thorn are the pve'ers who have been without an EP buff server since AD's pve force (much larger than EP) took over Azura's from them.

There is still two large AD guilds that play Thorn and attempt to take keeps, scrolls, emp, etc. on Thorn and the EP pve'ers often defend their buffs, as have the other factions pve'ers done in the past. These two guilds, Rangers and TKO, often have groups that number in the 30's-70's (I got a x72 blockade once in a TKO tower farm). So pvp guilds, mostly only Havoc, come back to Thorn for the fights against these large guilds as well as to help our pve'ers who have been without a buff server for quite some time.

Whether you agree with or disagree with buff servers is not in question here, just the fact there is no large EP Thorn pvp presence that could come and aid you on Chillrend.
    This highlights all of the problems with PvP helping PvE. buff servers need to go.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Wow man you honestly think that is true? I would like to know where the heck they went? Because there is no real presence on Azura and there is no real presence on Chilrend either. Not in force anyways. Chilrend EP is rarely pop locked even during peak hours and Azura is very close to the same situation. Yet Thorn will be pop locked while Azura and Chilrend barely have 2 bars of players.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah dont believe this up there. EP.has consistently 2-3 bars up in TB and most of the time it isnt havoc (who are on haderus most of the time playing the emperor roulette amongst their members).

There is another guild at work in there as I observe some organised group defending keeps most of the time. I would rather not see them leave tbh.
  • Daysie
    Daysie
    ✭✭✭
    :( wow that is not very nice. Maybe you are having a bad day and just need a hug :)
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... you know what? Maybe...

But hey dont say that Havoc's 'main campain' isnt TB. I dont think its only a buff server too. We often see a broadcast of an havoc member dropping a scroll on haderus right after 1-2 emp keeps are taken or a scroll is picked up on TB, even when it's done by small groups.

I mean, when we get help request on Haderus, all we need to do really is pick up roebeck keep on TB by 50-50ing and wait. . .
    Edited by Kupoking on April 25, 2015 12:32PM
  • Daysie
    Daysie
    ✭✭✭
    TB is our home server until the end of the campaign at least. We go there and defend when its needed, we go to Azuras or Chill when the PVP is there. But as an active Havoc member i could honestly tell you that the majority of our time is not spent on TB right now. Simply put we try to go where the pvp action is. But honestly wishing people away from a server or from pvp in general might be a mistake and you may want to retract that statement. Seems to me there are less and less good fights out there for any of us.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, wasn't sure about that, I had conflicting info on where you guys were homed.

I do not wish to see EP players vacate TB as even though they dominate the map and that the campain is already won, we get some solid encounters whenever we start to be active, forcing us to stick together rather than stretching ours groups.

BTW I said I would rather NOT see them leave :D

Edited by Kupoking on April 25, 2015 3:19PM
  • Daysie
    Daysie
    ✭✭✭
    well OP wants all of EP to leave :) . But yes, you are right there are still some good fights on TB from time to time. Unfortunately the tide is changing and from what it looks like it is now Chill that has the best population. Of course , I only get a glimpse of the populations when I am online, so I might be wrong about that.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In order to have good pvp we must be on a well populated balanced server. Right now Chilrend and Azura is offering those experiences. The problem that keeps occurring is when EP Thorn is pop locked you got DC and AD with 1 bar each. Then you look at Chilrend which will have 1 bar of EP and a pop locked DC and AD. Then you look at azura and you got 2-3 bars of each evenly with EP on the skinny side. Haderus is still in their own little world so I just ignore them like I'm ignoring Thorn. The EP Thorn players are just happy with a buff server and don't want any real competition. Which brings me to my OP, it is time to chase DC and AD to where they have hidden themselves.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with Chillrend is that if everyone goes there, reguardless of who goes, it will cause lag.

Everyone here knows how it happens as groups clash into one another and use aoe abilities abundantly, especially with the ressources pools players have now

I favor more spread out populations amongst campains even if it means in the current context some unbalance regarding populations and scoring in a campain due to the different time periods of the day at least until lag problems are fixed. Then we can start seeing again triple pop-locked factions in primetime with good amounts of actions through the day.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, wasn't sure about that, I had conflicting info on where you guys were homed.

I do not wish to see EP players vacate TB as even though they dominate the map and that the campain is already won, we get some solid encounters whenever we start to be active, forcing us to stick together rather than stretching ours groups.

Yeah, they play just about every campaign, I dont think anyone really has reliable info on where they are homed. A lot of it is conjecture in teamspeak. What I do know, is that every night we touch the ring on TB, a flytext pops up (all of my toons are either homed or guested on Haderus currently) of one of them dropping a scroll, and sure enough 2-5 minutes later they engage us on TB.

Pretty reliable predictor, but not ironclad. Doesnt mean they are homed there, probably just scrollfarming. Truth be told they are on Blackwater a lot more often than not, at least some of them. I run into them at least once a day there.

Fact is though, they are in much the same boat as we are as a guild. Server pops on the other servers are more or less even. Similar numbers or similar quality of organized vs organized. Anywhere they go, they are going to tip the balance of the server. If we were to go to haderus or chill or azuras, it would grossly tip the scales in favor of yellow since we have grown so large. At this point, I dont think reds leaving thorn is the answer, I think blues and yellows coming back is. Especially blues.
    Edited by Rylana on April 25, 2015 7:01PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Yeah, they play just about every campaign, I dont think anyone really has reliable info on where they are homed. A lot of it is conjecture in teamspeak. What I do know, is that every night we touch the ring on TB, a flytext pops up (all of my toons are either homed or guested on Haderus currently) of one of them dropping a scroll, and sure enough 2-5 minutes later they engage us on TB.

Pretty reliable predictor, but not ironclad. Doesnt mean they are homed there, probably just scrollfarming. Truth be told they are on Blackwater a lot more often than not, at least some of them. I run into them at least once a day there.

Fact is though, they are in much the same boat as we are as a guild. Server pops on the other servers are more or less even. Similar numbers or similar quality of organized vs organized. Anywhere they go, they are going to tip the balance of the server. If we were to go to haderus or chill or azuras, it would grossly tip the scales in favor of yellow since we have grown so large. At this point, I dont think reds leaving thorn is the answer, I think blues and yellows coming back is. Especially blues.

You are absolutely right but DC and AD both left thorn and getting them to come back is probably much more difficult then getting EP to chase after them.
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Daysie wrote: »
    The one thing i really love about EP is how the guilds will help each other and support each other when asked. My honest advice to you, is to message a guild lead when you need help on a server. My experience has been when help is asked for it is recieved on EP.

I was going to comment.... then I saw your one star.

The original OP is calling out to players who could care less about others, and only think of themselves. They will come if they think they can get some perverse enjoyment from helping you. We will see.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was going to comment.... then i saw your 3 stars.
    Edited by Cody on April 27, 2015 2:03AM
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azura's actually doesn't need more EP. We have at least 5-6 guilds that battle on a daily basis, mostly Pride, Shadows, members of Hijinx, GoS, WCFC, and one other I can't remember the name of. EP is more or less solid on Azuras with the occasional burnout where you have poplock that utterly fails against a strong force from DC. AD is pretty nonexistant there with the exception of one or two organized raid groups. Chill usually does not have a consistent poplock of EP at primetime. Haderus certainly doesn't but that server seems to be the *** stepson of servers. Thorn is a ruined husk of itself, and while most of the AD and DC there migrated to Azuras in hope of better battles, there's worry of it losing its competitive charm. As shocking as it is to say AD and DC are really strapped for skilled players this time around. Either the ones that are on are PVE babies who ignore the woes of the world, or they've quit. It used to be that AD on its own could poplock almost all the campaigns and they seem to have just about up and died except for Chill.

There's some efforts underway by some guilds to kind of reshuffle and balance things out, but there's a worry that things will degrade into the old setup of 1 competitive server and 3 buff servers. Alot of the frustration prob has to do with various bugs and server instability. PVP is very demanding and even the most dedicated guilds suffer burnout from time to time.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Brace yourselves, Lag bombs are coming

If server X can't handle that many requests at any given time, the problem will always be moved to another campaign because factions are outnumbered.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other than Phoenix Rising, IR and SS nobody runs chillrend unless another guild guests in, which is maybe a few times a week at most. A certain AD guild brings some heavy lag, but that is because they spam a certain skill to cause it. (We have recorded them doing it all jumping up and down in the same spot).

Last night, PR took and held Faregly until we gave it up to go protect our scroll. I do have to say, between EP and AD we had probably 100-150 people fighting on that breach and had very little unplayable lag. Want to know the reason? A certain AD guild wasn't around.

There are certain players in ALL factions that do this, we have recorded a guild on EP side doing the same thing the AD guild was doing. The biggest problem with this games PvP is the lack of respect most of the upper PvP guilds have for the game; they would rather break or abuse the game instead of being respectful.

I mean some people can blame ZOS all day, but honestly I would have to argue that most of the problems stem from the PvP player base. Look at how many times people have exploited, abused and cheated their way into the top or to win. Its pathetic really. Keep on making posts about how its all ZOS fault and ignore the fact that some of YOU are the problem; not ZOS.

Ignorance is bliss.

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other than Phoenix Rising, IR and SS nobody runs chillrend unless another guild guests in, which is maybe a few times a week at most. A certain AD guild brings some heavy lag, but that is because they spam a certain skill to cause it. (We have recorded them doing it all jumping up and down in the same spot).

Last night, PR took and held Faregly until we gave it up to go protect our scroll. I do have to say, between EP and AD we had probably 100-150 people fighting on that breach and had very little unplayable lag. Want to know the reason? A certain AD guild wasn't around.

There are certain players in ALL factions that do this, we have recorded a guild on EP side doing the same thing the AD guild was doing. The biggest problem with this games PvP is the lack of respect most of the upper PvP guilds have for the game; they would rather break or abuse the game instead of being respectful.

I mean some people can blame ZOS all day, but honestly I would have to argue that most of the problems stem from the PvP player base. Look at how many times people have exploited, abused and cheated their way into the top or to win. Its pathetic really. Keep on making posts about how its all ZOS fault and ignore the fact that some of YOU are the problem; not ZOS.

Ignorance is bliss.

Yep, there is even a DC guild that FENGRUSH has observed spamming this far more than it needs to be used while 20 people are huddled in a tower out of combat.

These guilds have been marked in FENGRUSHs book of shame. EP has the most prominent guild using it, and most known for it since they screwed over thornblade as a server.
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭

The original OP is calling out to players who could care less about others, and only think of themselves. They will come if they think they can get some perverse enjoyment from helping you. We will see.

It's nice to know we can so easily disregard someones post by simply looking at how many stars they have next to their name. We don't even have to have a solid counter to what they have said. Just point out their number of stars and we win!

To think that all this time I've been going by people's merits, the validity of their arguments, and past postings in order to judge if they are worthy of a response. If I used my system, I wouldn't even have to respond to this post.

Now that I think about it, it's usually the ignorant and misinformed who I respond to and that seems to hold true here.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothings going to change until after console release, so get comfy this is gonna be a looong ride.

I've given up on this notion of players respecting the rules, that's not going to happen. Might as well hop on the lag train when you see it and force flip a keep in the midst of it, because thats all anyone can do other than leave the server (Thorn NA).
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Dyne
    Dyne
    ✭✭

how bout my stars? ehh? bet I've played the game longer than you though xD
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately some the of top end guilds do exploit lag and shady mechanics. Its all sides. Then they like to puff their chests about how good they are. Basically, they might as well be the 4th faction--they fight the rest of us by making this game less fun. I guess maybe this happens in a lot of games. All I know is that after a hard-fought series of battles where we lose a keep or scroll to some BS, my friends list keeps greying out more and more.

All of the guilds that do this crap (and its not all guilds of course) can chase themselves around the servers trying to fence with their e-peens. I don't give a crap. I'd just settle for a decently balanced server without these idiots.
    Edited by Stikato on April 29, 2015 9:39AM
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorn used to be fun but yeah several guilds left at once on the AD side. One of them switched to EP over some whiney drama, another moved to a different campaign looking for more intense action, and then soon other guilds followed to other campaigns. While I do have characters in each alliance, there is one thing I notice. The purple alliance happens fairly often especially in Haderus. If you are AD and looking for action, Haderus has become pretty great. Mostly it's AD vs both. While I have seen an increasing number of low level characters there (GO TO THE NON-VET CAMPAIGN DAMMIT! XD), the action has increased drastically for AD and the AP is a plenty.

My EP and DC characters obviously play elsewhere but one of my AD characters is in Haderus and at least as of lately, the action seems fun.

Although I dislike when 2 alliances team up versus 1 (that's about as desperate as it gets), I don't mind all of that extra AP. :grin:
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorn used to be fun but yeah several guilds left at once on the AD side. One of them switched to EP over some whiney drama

Rangers?

GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Say what. If that is the case and these "large" AD groups (I have not seen Rangers on Thorn for a long stretch of time, BTW) manage to retake a few southern keeps, "somehow" EP is able to reclaim most or all by the time I typically log in, ~3 am ET.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripe wrote: »
    It's nice to know we can so easily disregard someones post by simply looking at how many stars they have next to their name. We don't even have to have a solid counter to what they have said. Just point out their number of stars and we win!

To think that all this time I've been going by people's merits, the validity of their arguments, and past postings in order to judge if they are worthy of a response. If I used my system, I wouldn't even have to respond to this post.

Now that I think about it, it's usually the ignorant and misinformed who I respond to and that seems to hold true here.

Requesting more @Tripe in my life.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as there is a disparity in rewards I cant blame the EP on Thorn. Rank 29 3rd tier reward and last place on Chill got me 3k gold and two purples..Rank 189 and 1st place on Thorn gets you 16 K gold and few purples. Just not worth it I guess to be outnumbered..high rank and lose.