Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another Undocumented Change?

Poxheart
Poxheart
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know exactly when this change went into effect, but today a guildie of mine mentioned that when you're mounted there's a delay between when you activate a skill (press the button) and when the animation happens. Essentially, in the past when you activated a non-targeted skill while on horseback the skill animation would happen as you dismounted. I run solo a lot of the time, so I have a lot of experience using a couple of skills to quickly dismount when a ganker opened on me. So I tested it out with a few skills that I know used to animate instantly from horseback: dark cloak, reflective scales, and green dragon blood. Whereas before the ability would fire as you dismounted, now you go through the entire dismount animation before the skill animation happens & the ability effect is applied. I haven't timed it precisely, but at a guess I'd say it takes a little over 3 seconds (or a lifetime when a ganker opens).

I don't know why this change was made, but it sucks and I'd like to see this reverted.
Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
Poxheart Nightblade
The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not for sure . I know I can still charge off horseback. :*
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this today with bolt escape. I used to be able to ride my horse close enough to someone to bolt escape into them, or use it to dismount into a roll dodge and then turn and fight whoever was attacking.

I'd like to see it changed back as well. This just gives people that gank riders the upper hand.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I didn't think to check targeted skills from horseback. Thanks for pointing that out Tint.

However, speaking as somebody who likes to gank riders, I'd also like to see it changed back!
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea you already have a really low chance of survival when getting ganked off mount, that's lame.

rip decibel
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea noticed it too. Im never sprinting cyrodiil anymore because of this. I do think once you start dismounting you can't get unbreakable stun of horse kd anymore. But... I never tested that. Just never had a KD happen once I started dismounting. Blazing up + breath of life. Smack into the ganker.

Annoying as *** tho.
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Just upgrade your stamina in riding skill, and you won't have problem with ganking dismount. with over 30 stamina you can almost safely ride between keeps
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that they tried to stop animation-cancelling and this is a byproduct of the changes.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good change, having animations fire mid air while the horse was disappearning never felt right anyway.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CTRL to dismount then shift to sprint and auto-leave attempted stealth now runs like molasses. Mostly for farming of mats, this extra 2 secs adds up when you only have 30 min in the morning to inhale coffe and get to work. ;) More importantly is the tactical response time to being ganked in Cyrodiil.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, was this change in behavior intended, because it seems to have only downsides and I'm hoping it is an unintended side effect of the dismount bug fix?
    Edited by Sacadon on April 28, 2015 10:38AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't really play atm, but I always used Hardened Ward, Immovable or Streak, eventually coupled with dodge rolling. That mechanic brought more skill into the gameplay, with enough Attention I was able to sprint on full speed and still not get hit a single time when someone tried to gank me. I very much hope such a change would be unintentional :neutral: .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awe wrote: »
    Just upgrade your stamina in riding skill, and you won't have problem with ganking dismount. with over 30 stamina you can almost safely ride between keeps

Doing this is a surefire way to be killed by chain critical rushes.

Anyway, this change is NOT undocumented. I forgot there was a patch yesterday & just saw this change in the notes. Don't know why it was implemented, but it is horrible.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    First Templar, now horses!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also noticed this after the patch, I'm constantly casting off horse to reapply buffs or to disengage to attack a ganker.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 28, 2015 1:14PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Sounds like a good change, having animations fire mid air while the horse was disappearning never felt right anyway.

I bet you shoot at ppl on horses with a bow from stealth.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Zargorius wrote: »

I bet you shoot at ppl on horses with a bow from stealth.

I don't use bows on any of my chars and usually play support roles so nope.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we'll take a look and let you know if this was intended or not. Thanks for the heads up!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, we'll take a look and let you know if this was intended or not. Thanks for the heads up!
    I was playing Kosmoko on Thornblade (DC), and we both were noticing earlier that our abilities/attacks weren't firing off when they should. Could this be related to the issue?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, just to follow up, this change was not intentional, and we're working on reverting it back to how it was prior to 2.0.7. Sorry about that, but thanks again for letting us know!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they did fix the weird triple-knockdown that happened from being dismounted, so there is that...
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, they did fix the weird triple-knockdown that happened from being dismounted, so there is that...

thankfully now you just take like 5 seconds to get up, during which you can only hope whoever is attacking you is utterly incompetent or a dk/temp magicka build

rip decibel
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just to follow up, this change was not intentional, and we're working on reverting it back to how it was prior to 2.0.7. Sorry about that, but thanks again for letting us know!

Awesome news, thanks!

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

thankfully now you just take like 5 seconds to get up, during which you can only hope whoever is attacking you is utterly incompetent or a dk/temp magicka build

Hehe... its funny because its true.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't experience this problem because I can't mount in the first place. :(
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bless the OP for catching this issue!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE