The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

let me see traits

Daemons_Bane
Daemons_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, as a crafter when I browse my inventory, I would love to be able to see if I have already learned the traits of the item that I mouse over.. I spend so much time jumping back and forth between the "Research" tab and the "Deconstruct" tab.. If we could just see something like for example "Defensive (Learned)" in the inventory, we could save tons of time in crafting
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    There is an Add-On for that but being at work I cannot remember the name of it. It 'might' be Harven's Trait and Style or it could be a different one. Wish I could be more help but perhaps someone else remembers the name.

• Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an excellent addon called Research Assistant that can help you with that. :) When it is installed, a little square appears beside each item. If it is orange if you don't have the trait researched for that particular item, grey if you do, and yellow if you have two items of the same trait/type. It's very helpful.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, try Research Assistant. Also, if you are serious about researching traits, get the CraftStore add-on. It's a great way to track completed research, current research (with timers), and shows which items you have, on all characters that have a trait that can be researched.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds great :D going to check that out asap
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also use AIResearch Grid. If you have multiple characters it allows you to to track research without changing characters.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, as a crafter when I browse my inventory, I would love to be able to see if I have already learned the traits of the item that I mouse over.. I spend so much time jumping back and forth between the "Research" tab and the "Deconstruct" tab.. If we could just see something like for example "Defensive (Learned)" in the inventory, we could save tons of time in crafting

I use this one: Research Buddy 2. It can show you how long you have left on current research times and also has a grid with all of the traits you've learned.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info832-ResearchBuddy2.html
    NA Server - Kildair
  • blacklight25
    blacklight25
    Soul Shriven
    I'd have to agree with Robbmrp,

I've used all the research add-on's and i think Research Buddy 2 is the best by far.