Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Help! (BUG?) - Stamina Cost Reduction Enchantment still soft capped?

DanielNorman
Can anyone please confirm if this is intended? I have a V14 Ravaging Choker with Gold enchantment of 200 reduction in Stamina cost of abilities, however on checking it only provides 147?! This is my only cost reduction piece. If anything, in conjunction with the Thief/Tower/Warlord Champion passive and weapon passives it should do more if multiplicative rather than additive.

Can someone please check this and confirm? I thought all soft caps/diminishing returns were removed? Even if not its only a single enchantment and item, seems ridiculous it does not provide what it states in the tooltip even if it was adversely diminished by other passives already giving a similar bonus!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The enchantments lie, they are meant to be % reduction instead of pure 200.
    So depending on that racial or champion passives etc you have already, you get a lot less the 200

This effects both the magical and stamina cost reduction enchantments and the 'tooltip' will be fixed in a later update. Gets a lot worst when you have all three jewelry slots with cost reduction.

When I logged this just after patch 1.6, the reply I got was from the dev's is its working as designed, but the tooltip on the enchantment is wrong.
    Edited by Natjur on April 28, 2015 3:02AM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone please confirm if this is intended? I have a V14 Ravaging Choker with Gold enchantment of 200 reduction in Stamina cost of abilities, however on checking it only provides 147?! This is my only cost reduction piece. If anything, in conjunction with the Thief/Tower/Warlord Champion passive and weapon passives it should do more if multiplicative rather than additive.

Can someone please check this and confirm? I thought all soft caps/diminishing returns were removed? Even if not its only a single enchantment and item, seems ridiculous it does not provide what it states in the tooltip even if it was adversely diminished by other passives already giving a similar bonus!

The flat reduction enchantments, both stamina and magicka, have always come off the base cost before percentage reductions. For example:

Base Cost = 3000
    Skill line 20% cost reduction
    Champion Point 6.5% cost reduction

Final Skill Cost = 3000 * (1 - 0.20 - 0.065) = 3000 * 0.735 = 2205

Example with flat reduction enchant:

Base Cost = 3000
    Feat Cost Reduction glyph = 200
    Skill line 20% cost reduction
    Champion Point 6.5% cost reduction

Final Skill Cost = (3000 - 200) * (1 - 0.20 - 0.065) = 2800 * 0.735 = 2058

• DanielNorman
    Great, thank you for both explaining this, still slightly frustrating this has not been highlighted or made more apparent by ZOS, that and actually updating the tooltip. Any confusion caused by such tooltips should be be a priority to correct and surely simple to do.

regardless, again, thanks for the great explanation!