The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

lower level item models for max level items??

Some_Jerk
Some_Jerk
✭✭✭
I was looking through all the lower tier crafted items, iron, rawhide, ect, and I thought many of these looked way cooler than their max level equivalents.
Do you guys think it would be good if we could have some ability or crown store item that would allow us to use these item models on max level crafted items?
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    There have been several other threads about this very idea, because lots of folks agree with the you. It would be great to be able to have the skin of lower levels morph onto higher level items. Hopefully somewhere down the line ZOS will get around to implementing it.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/121362/master-crafter-new-perk-for-crafting#latest

And yes, I agree.

I hate how for some racial styles, 'better' simply means 'becoming bigger', to the point you have one-handed Axe heads that are bigger than your own head. Ridiculous.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate how for some racial styles, 'better' simply means 'becoming bigger', to the point you have one-handed Axe heads that are bigger than your own head. Ridiculous.

Imperial Heavy Pauldrons.... 'nuff said.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred the Skyrim crafting method better. I don't see any reason why a crafter cannot opt to make vr14 iron armor.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I made a post like this a long time ago. Couldn't imagine wanting to do it with most of the swords however, as the lower lvl "swords" look awful. They'd be more akin to roman "gladius" with how short the blades are. And those handles...what was that artist thinking lol.
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    I agree, I made a post like this a long time ago. Couldn't imagine wanting to do it with most of the swords however, as the lower lvl "swords" look awful. They'd be more akin to roman "gladius" with how short the blades are. And those handles...what was that artist thinking lol.

It's really funny that you mentioned this because one of the main reasons i want this would be so i can get shorter swords. Love them shorties!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a dunmer that likes doing dual-weild with daggers - they are so ridiculously oversized now.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i love the khajiit model dagger - currently my favourite vr14 weapon model. The dwemer one is cool too.
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭
    Not to hi-jack your thread. But I fell this is related.

Can they also make weapons NOT scale to the size of our toons and make it part of the racial motif.

Think of Frodo's "Sting" It's a proper 1h sword for a hobbit but a letter opener for normal size men or mer.

Oh how I would just love it to have my muscular bosmer toon to use a 2H Nord Greatsword.

Wrecking Blow scamps to pieces with an Oversized Sword to over compensate for something lacking in other bosmer departments. LOLOL
    Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
      fromtesonlineb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      While WOW is derided round here, it's 'transmog' system is great for allowing you to create a 'look set' from gear you like.

LOTOR's 'wardrobe' system works entirely differently but leads to the same thing, many other MMOs do variations which all lead to players being able to get a 'look' they like.

ESO OTOH is saddled with the lazy 'disguise' system being 'leveraged' for costumes, where you get no choice of individual pieces, you get a full set or nothing, no ability to hide the head piece like you can with your normal gear.

IMO ESO's 'cosmetic' system is hands-down the worst of any MMO I play which allows gear to be customised in some form.
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ESO OTOH is saddled with the lazy 'disguise' system being 'leveraged' for costumes, where you get no choice of individual pieces, you get a full set or nothing, no ability to hide the head piece like you can with your normal gear.

IMO ESO's 'cosmetic' system is hands-down the worst of any MMO I play which allows gear to be customised in some form.

Actually, you can hide your headgear with any of the costumes. A lot of my characters are wearing costumes, and none of them show the headgear. Maybe it's a separate toggle from the toggle for your armor, but it should be somewhere buried in the options.
    • Some_Jerk
      Some_Jerk
      ✭✭✭
      Crown store transmogs or something would be pretty cool too