The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Writ Drop Off Insanity

LogicalPhule
LogicalPhule
Soul Shriven
Some players, myself included, have characters with crafting skills far above their actual level. Personally I like having a character that can craft Veteran items, even though the character isn't a veteran yet.

So, I picked up a writ today, on my level 25 High Elf, (22 Enchanting) in Grahtwood, and complete it. So I go to try to turn it in, and cannot find the turn in spot anywhere! It turns out, that because my (and this is only my guess) the writ was for a Strong Glyph, that I had to turn the writ in, at Raw'Kha!

Why in the world, would the Dev's create a system, that makes you drop off a writ, that you get in one map area, and drop it off in a completely different map area?

If someone picks up a writ in Grahtwood, they should drop it off in Grahtwood. I just makes sense!
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically you can sneak over there. Reaper's March is closer to the harder fight/closer to Cyrodiil. There is an unmarked tunnel that takes you from Grahtwood to Reaper's March for convenience.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Only put skills to use crafting mats for your level, then you will get writs and locations for your level
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drop off locations are set by crafting level, not character level, as you experienced. It may not make sense, but it is what it is. You must be new, as threads like this stopped some time ago. Do a search and you can learn more about how it works. You can look at the Reaper's March drop site as good or bad. The good is you can explore the new area, picking up skyshards and XP. There is also a chance of getting a survey, which means you'll have to go into uncharted territory. Just be careful, as you likely will be going up against much higher levels. If you have issues getting to the new zone, it can be done a few ways. Traveling to a guild member is likely the easiest.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Cha1ky
    Cha1ky
    I don't think the drop off locations always work to crafting level.

I certainly know that provisioning doesn't. As I've just been testing this out.

My provision has been on 50 for ages now and my character was on Level 40. He had to drop of the food in Alikr Desert. This was the case until I hit level 45 where I had to start dropping them off in craglorn along with the recipes changing level from level 40+ recipes to vet1 recipes too.
    Edited by Cha1ky on April 26, 2015 3:55PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cha1ky wrote: »

My provision has been on 50 for ages now and my character was on Level 40. He had to drop of the food in Alikr Desert. This was the case until I hit level 45 where I had to start dropping them off in craglorn along with the recipes changing level from level 40+ recipes to vet1 recipes too.
    When they say "Provisioning Level" they are specifically referring to the Passive Perk "Recipe Improvement" which controls what level of recipe you can use and by corollary the writ delivery location. L1 delivers to the first region, L2 to the second Region etc until L5 where it delivers to Region 5/Coldharbour depending on character level.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Cha1ky
    Cha1ky
    Yeah. Like I say I was maxxed out on provisioner. All skills points in there too. It changed to cold harbour on my character level. Not anything to do with provisioner level.

So your character level does have a part to play in it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cha1ky wrote: »

See my post in another thread for an explanation of this. That particular post is about the alchemy writs dropoff locations, but it's the same logic for other crafts.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)