The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB as Dark Knights...possible???? [AvA]

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
hi guys and thank you in advance to anyone who will be able to help me. I'm after some suggestions about using a NB in AvA as I'm putting my old Templar on hold for the time being.

I like the idea of a Dark Knight type of character: a good mixture between melee skills and dark magic. I'm well aware that NBs do well as the typical assassin like class but I was also wondering if they are viable chars for more open battles and skirmishes.

Another important point, coming from an old RPer, is to be able to wear a heavy armour...no warriors should wear a pyjamas!!!!! all classes in TESO can wear and use whatever they want but I'm unsure with regards to the performance of a NB in heavy armour: is it a viable choice?

I look forward to hearing from all the NBs (and not) out there.

Edited by Rhaegar75 on April 26, 2015 9:13AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your rolling a NB, you really want to be in Medium Armor (it gives 75% of the mitigation of Heavy, so it's good enough). It's not that you can't do a HA NB, you just give up all the nice passives from MA that help the NB. Of course you could go Heavy Legs and Chest, the rest Medium and get the look that you want.

NB are still tricky to play, but can be quite powerful when played correctly. Note, what's correct can vary, so not saying there is a prime optimal build and nothing else. It's more using tactics to leverage what the NB can do, which is insane Burst damage. There are a couple of AvA videos with NB's in the General Section that show what they can do.

Don't ignore the skills like Shades, Fear, Mark Target (especially Mark Target, there is no penalty now) for utility.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks Nestor!!

anyone using a Dark Knight (kind of) build in AvA?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a mix of med and heavy. Heavy gauntlets and greaves so you get a skirmisher kind of look.

I use shadowy disguise, mass hysteria, ambush, wrecking blow and Shadow Image.

Im thinking if going both melee, but my current setup is bow; reaper mark, poison injection, Draining Shot, twisting path and mirage.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you mate: how did you divide your stats and enchants?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in 10 health, the rest in stamina. I enchant my chest to health, my legs in magicka and the rest to stamina. I sometimes swap my twisting path with structured entrophy which will boost my health amt But the shadow barrier passives really comes in handy with my heavy armor.

You can be more tanky with your heavy armor but it really depends on your playstyle. Personally, I will cast image than ambush - wrecking blow spam - image for escape. Switch weps and get poison injection for good measure. When people expect you to go execute melee... Change your approach.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can certainly play a NB in heavy armor, using a mix of magic and melee, but you are going to need some very good gear and a good group that can heal you, otherwise you will die very often. We don't have the sustain of a templar or dragonknight. Sap tank is still a thing (Sap Essence in large groups), but rare.

Personally I play my NB with either 7 light or 5 light, 2 heavy, and I am full on magicka, with a large health pool. One bar is destro (but I use no destro skills) and one bar is resto. I am pretty hard to kill and I heal in large groups. Seems like 90% of NB are leather and stam now, as is it very powerful, but don't be afraid to try something different that fits your playstyle better.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant