The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

liquid lightning/lightning flood 20% dmg bug and whining about sorcs

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear zenimax. Maybe removing this bug would stop some of the whining about sorcerers!
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why? It's a it inconsequential isn't it? I mean, sure remove it cos it's not working correctly but you think it's going to stop all the whining on these forums?

Doubtful.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't stop all whining thats for sure. But ppl getting hit 20% harder than intended by fragment is sure to make a difference
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tested that bug, maybe I would if I would go PvE raiding with my Sorc... but you say fargments hit 20% harder, so does that means the damage is actually buffed (not just tooltip error) and it stacks with empower and it is multiplicative?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    I am suprised this has't been fixed yet, the templar bugs with Radiant destruction was fixed really fast.
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the same buff you get from might of the guild passive. Stacks with crit surge, just like might of the guild. And stacks with empower just like might of the guild but it DOES NOT stack with might of the guild from using a mages guild ability.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the same buff you get from might of the guild passive. Stacks with crit surge, just like might of the guild. And stacks with empower just like might of the guild but it DOES NOT stack with might of the guild from using a mages guild ability.

Your post is confusing.
    Might of the Guild is supposed to grant Empower.
    Are you saying that in fact Might of the Guild is distinct from the Empower buff that you can get with some other skills, and that the Might of the Guild buff is the same buff granted by the bugged Lightning Splash?
    I am not very inclined to believe that just yet but if you say 'yes' I may test it when I have the time.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    My guildies told me it is fixed.

The way it worked was when you droped Liquid L. you got a 20% dmg increase of all sources for 10seconds. And it stacks with Empower and all other buffs.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    My guildies told me it is fixed.

The way it worked was when you droped Liquid L. you got a 20% dmg increase of all sources for 10seconds. And it stacks with Empower and all other buffs.

Ah, that's an informative post now. I'll have o test that then. Don't see a problem for PvP in that though for PvE it may change some rotations a bit.

• Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait for it...............
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    #NERFSORCS
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait for it.....
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad troll!!
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leovolao wrote: »
    Bad troll!!

awwww darlin, is that your way of telling me that you miss me?
  • stonescorsa
    stonescorsa
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at this post. For one you can only have 1 major and 1 minor buff on. So mages guild + X wont stack. Power surge (major buff) will not stack with any other damage. Please dont make this a nerf sorc thread when you have no clue
    Bravehorn- Mag Sorc FE
    Annabella- Stamblade
    Tank Maximus- Stam DK
    Brave's Templar - Stamplar
    Brave's NB - Magblade
    Slim Bravey - Stam Sorc
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol at this post. For one you can only have 1 major and 1 minor buff on. So mages guild + X wont stack. Power surge (major buff) will not stack with any other damage. Please dont make this a nerf sorc thread when you have no clue

Title of this thread...

"liquid lightning/lightning flood 20% dmg bug and whining about sorcs"

Just saying :) .

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is the bug still there or not?
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still there. I tested it last night and just now. Still applies 20% damage for the duration of the lightning flood. After casting it the tool tips all stayed the same (with the bonus damage reflected) and the damage increase was there as long as I had lightning flood on the field.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug still there just tested. Need more testing to figure out if it stacks with MOTG
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have the answer to MOTG stacking yet.
    However I did find out that crystal fragments 20% dmg proc stacks with itself.
    Proc it 3 times and only cast the fragment after that gives a dmg increase of 72.8% instead of 20%
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I isolated the bug.
    Liquid lightning/lightning flood simply procs might of the guild from mages guild line.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And only first hit after casting liquid lightning/lightning flood will benefit from the dmg. Just like MOTG normally behaves.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can remember a time when sorcs were going batsh1t crazy about the heal debuf on bow, ahhh good times....
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so does this bug stack with the crystal frag bug too?
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does. However it doesn't stack with MOTG.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    It does. However it doesn't stack with MOTG.

ZoS QA team should be sending you a check for doing their jobs.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I isolated the bug.
    Liquid lightning/lightning flood simply procs might of the guild from mages guild line.

Rapid maneuvers procs the DK earthen heart passive. Just putting that out there.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Ok I isolated the bug.

Rapid maneuvers procs the DK earthen heart passive. Just putting that out there.

It has been doing this for six months.