The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Comeing back questions

lorddarcek
So I came back to play now I heard the game is F2B.
I had like 5 characters each with his own character unique skills and crafting.
Now I see all the skill have been reset. And crafting have a new veteran crafting system..
Question is.. Since all my skill point went back to pool which character did what..?
Any ideas? I mean I see I have to choose on master crafting this or that can have all ,don’t want to choose wrong one on characters i don’t have recipes..
Talking about recipes where all m recipes are now? Were they deleted?
So again:
1) How to know which character possess mastery in which fields before
2) Did I lose my recipes? How do recipes work now? Before you just learnt them..

I know it’s all just a big mess i apologize just trying to find my head and tail back in this mess and find myself just standing online pondering where to start..
Appreciate anyone can help how to proceed. A bit daunting..
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, the game is Buy to Play, not Free to Play.

There have been about 4 or 5 character respecs since the game launched. With major changes to skills or the system, they always give you back all your skill points so you can re-allocate them for free in order to take advantage of new skills or change the skills you use because the skills were changed.

As for what character did what, you don't lose your skill progression, so that can tell you what the character was doing by the level of the skill or the rank of the skill. As obviously a skill that is at 5 you did not do anything with, and one that is at 40 or 50 was used quite a bit.

1.6 brought a major change to the Provisioning system. Now there are no Faction specific ingredients, but there are still faction specific recipes. All the old recipes were converted to new ones, and about 140 or so new ones were added. Some of the provisioning ingredients were converted to new, some were just called Old, and you sell those to an in game vendor.

However, if your on the EU server, there is a guy who is buying the Old ingredients (he is a collector, as they have no use anymore) so you might want to search out that thread if you play on the EU side.

Veteran Crafting? That was introduced in Beta, how long you been gone?

Edited by Nestor on April 23, 2015 4:03AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lorddarcek
    So F2B I meant free to buy not play. Like guild wars. Buy the game don’t pay subscription just play.
    Veteran crafting I meant at stage where you max your skills and just do different stones etc. You took my word too literary ;)

So guess my directing line will be skill. So how do i see my skill levels? Guess ill ty finding on my own..

Anyways thanks for taking time to help cheers
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lorddarcek wrote: »
    Veteran crafting I meant at stage where you max your skills and just do different stones etc. You took my word too literary ;)

So guess my directing line will be skill. So how do i see my skill levels? Guess ill ty finding on my own..

The biggest change to Crafting regarding the gems you use was adding Nirnhorned, the 9th Trait and Dwemer the new Motif. Everything else is still the same. Some of the buffs have been tweaked.

As for skills, the closest you can get to seeing what rank the skill was is if the bar is fully filled in before you apply a skill point. This will mean you at least advanced that skill to the Morph stage. But most people who are preparing for a forced respec take screen shots of their skills to more easily put things back. That won't work for you as you probably did not do that.

What you can do to keep this as cheap as possible is to put the skill points into the skills you are unsure of first to see if there was any progression or morphs. Then, if needed, respec those few skills out and start over again. In other words, focus on the active skills first.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Free to buy isn't a thing - technically the game was always free to buy, it's not like they locked up the stores when they saw you coming down the street - it's called buy to play. B2P is the model Guild Wars uses.

• lorddarcek
    I found that now many of my ingredients have turned to "old"
    What does that mean? What should I do with them? Can they be still used in crafting or just junk now gathering dust in my inventory?
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lorddarcek wrote: »
    I found that now many of my ingredients have turned to "old"
    What does that mean? What should I do with them? Can they be still used in crafting or just junk now gathering dust in my inventory?

These ingredients are no longer used since the Provisioning update. There is nothing you can do with them but to sell them to a vendor. However, as Nestor mentioned previously, there is a player on the EU server who is collecting these, so if you're EU, you might want to search for that thread if you want to help him out.

EDIT: You had asked previously how to find out which recipes your characters know. I understand there are add-ons that help with this (I don't use add-ons), but you can go to any cooking fire and see all of the recipes you know.

Also, for your equipment crafting skills, you can go to any Blacksmith, Clothing, or Woodworking station to see what traits you may have researched.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 24, 2015 3:09PM
  • lorddarcek
    ok thanks for the help