The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need a new NB build

Zrocker04
Zrocker04
Soul Shriven
So i played in Beta and release and stopped until recently, and am looking for a decent guide for my NB. Currently a bow/DW stam build, but not pulling enough DPS at VR11, like 3-4k single target sustained, and i've heard of people pulling 10k+ and i thought i had a decent build.

Any suggestions on what to go for? I also don't want a build where i have to smash a potion every 30 seconds as well and dont have a lot of non-craftable set gear.

Thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to ask, have you gone all in with Stamina? Meaning all attributes and glyphs? Is your gear focused on Stamina? Have you picked Stamina Morphs? Got your Stamina Regen buffed?

In other words, Hybrids are not as good anymore. But, a NB still needs Magic. So, maybe something like 50 Stamina 10 Magic for you. The nice thing is, the magic you do use does not scale (Cloak, Veiled Strike, Shades, Mark Target, Fear, Sap Essence (that one and Veiled Strike might on the damage side but your using them for something else)). And, you don't cast the spells as often as you do other skills, so the pool can be smaller

And, you might as well get used to chugging Health Potions, as Swallow Soul is not that effective on a Stamina Based NB.

Anything that increases weapon damage will also help a Stamina NB, so Hundings Rage 5 Piece, Ashen Grip 4 Piece would be a good set to look at.
    Edited by Nestor on April 22, 2015 8:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Echo_Silence
    You can also look at the Night Blade class that Zenimax posted on the recent news. That is all up to you.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually use bow for single target and dw for aoe groups. Focused aim with Lethal injection does tremendous damage, esp with the execute buff to Lethal injection. Keep your distance to the target and you will deal a whole lot more damage. Without rally to boost your weapon damage, you have to rely on other buffs to keep your damage up.

Reaper's Mark is amazing, provided you use it on the smallies to get the major berserk. This, coupled with Merciless Resolve minor berserk can keep your dps up and have bonus Assassin's Will damage too.

Drain Power, works really well with Ambush and Steel Tornado / Whirling Blades. Use your DW to aoe down the adds, it helps that Blade Cloak and Whirlwind ( with whatever morph you choose to go with ) gives you that added benefit of increased weapon damage.

Use Evil Hunter as well if you go the Steel Tornado route, it's not as good as a stamina regain as Whirling Blades but the buff you gain really helps alot with your dps.

hope this helps!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use a site like ESOhead and use the skill calculator. Input your current build, exactly as it is from the game. You will see options to link to the build. Post that in here and we can see (more better) what's going on.