The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Builds for Spell catsers..

WelshySnow
Hi Guys, So I have googled this and can not find a build thats dated for this year.. :( I am looking for a build for a Templar DPS and Healing :)

Thanks guys!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found wearing armor that max spell damage also helped a lot with healing (as the heals hit for more)

So at V14, I use
    32 points in health, 30 in mana (this gives you 20k health)
    4 pieces martial knowledge (boots, gloves, pants and Chest)
    2 piece Torug's Pact (2 swords, yes duel wielding for more spell damage)
    2 piece Adroitness (belt and neck)
    2 piece Worm's Cult (Helm and Shoulders) (can swap with monster helm set of your choice)
    (Engine Guardian or Valkyn Skoria for best combo (1 heavy, 1 medium) )
    2 piece Cyrodiil Light (2 Rings)

Use Drink for mana regen.
    This gives my templar healer\dps 2150 spell power, 30k mana and 20k health, 50% spell crit which makes dpsing and healing easy.

Using this
    Extended Ritual heals for 2.5k per tick
    Breath of Life heals for 19k (crit)
    Dark Flare hits for 18k (crit)

My bars are really simple
    Healing bar (with so much mana and mana regen, I only use two heals as I don't use a restoration staff)
    (1) Extended Ritual heal
    (2) Breath of Life
    (3) Blazing Spear
    (4) Structured Entropy
    (5) Inner Light
    (U) Shooting Star

(DPS Bar)
    (1) Reflective Light (or Puncturing Sweep, swap based on dungeon type)
    (2) Dark Flare
    (3) Radiant Destruction
    (4) Structured Entropy
    (5) Inner Light
    (U) Shooting Star
    Edited by Natjur on April 22, 2015 9:29PM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out omega Templar build done by Deltia's Gaming on YouTube. Might be a good foundation on your Templar magicka buiLd.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running 5 Seducer with 5 Healers Habit. The main spell you can use for DPS in addition to healing is Radiant Destruction. On Boss fights hit them with that, cast a couple heals and repeat. Works great and does really nice DPS.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    While I focus more on DPS over main healing, the 2nd bar could have a couple spells swapped out to be a healing bar. If I main heal I use Healing Springs instead of Puncturing Strike, but everything else is the same.

Destro Staff (single target)
    1. Solar Flare (main spam button)
    4. Destructive Clench (or Piercing Javalin if using a lightning staff, or if using dual wield, as suggested by Natjur)
    5. Radiant Destruction (any morph, or swap out with Purifying Light on long fights)
    6. Inner Light (more crit and more magicka, whats not to like)
    7. Entropy (20% more spell damage/healing)
    Ult. Remembrance (oh'crap button)

Resto Staff (AoE, with a little back up healing)
    1. Puncturing Strike (ability to fight 5 mobs at once and still live with 80% health. Yes please)
    2. Quick Siphon (helpful on boss fights, this with Puncturing Strike and you will take down 95% of the world bosses)
    3. Healing Ward (bubbles are good, plus a little back up healing)
    4. Inner Light (on both bars so it doesn't toggle off)
    5. Breath of Life (burst heals, all Templar healers must use, so good)
    Ult. Shooting Star (I sometimes use Crescent Sweep due to the very low cost)

Armor: I wear 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy to take advantage of Undaunted Mettle
    I like the Seducer set but that goes well with my Breton. Natjur armor setup would most likely produce more DPS.
    Edited by AngersRevenge on April 22, 2015 9:50PM
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • WelshySnow
    Thank you very much for the great info! :D