Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Official Discussion Thread for "The ESOTU Console Beta Starts Tomorrow!"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "The ESOTU Console Beta Starts Tomorrow!"

The console beta begins this Thursday at 10AM EDT. Read all about it in our latest blog.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Preeble
    Preeble
    Soul Shriven
    How would I go about signing up for the beta?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting sign ups for console beta.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've had sign-ups open for about a year now. Pretty sure they've got enough.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jaykay_44ub17_ESO
    jaykay_44ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If I received the console beta survey does this mean I will be able to participate in the beta? Or does this go out to all who signed up?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If I received the console beta survey does this mean I will be able to participate in the beta? Or does this go out to all who signed up?

Not everyone who signed up or received the survey will get an invite. We'll be sending them throughout the day, though, so keep an eye on your inbox.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Will the download be available before tomorrow? ESO is quite a large download.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

If you receive an invite to the beta, you can begin downloading as soon as you redeem the code!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    darn early access and beta since the start... no beta key for console
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭

If you receive an invite to the beta, you can begin downloading as soon as you redeem the code!

Great. I got an email saying I was in the console beta when I purchased the $20 copy. Guess I am just waiting for the key then.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭

Great. I got an email saying I was in the console beta when I purchased the $20 copy. Guess I am just waiting for the key then.

hmmm.... I'm not seeing anything on mine when I purchased the $20 copy PC to PS4 ?
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    same i got nothing so far
  • jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here I am obsessively watching my email... How many are going to be invited?
  • Halloweenhead_Red
    Halloweenhead_Red
    Soul Shriven
    Any idea if Microsoft is going to send out beta codes to their Preview Program members? Also, does buying the pc-to-console transfer come with beta access, even if it's only for like the weekend?
    Please... We Don't Aim.
  • Turimblar
    Turimblar
    Here I am obsessively watching my email... How many are going to be invited?

Yeah, same here!
    I live in Europe and now it's 6.15 in the evening. Got my fingers crossed to receive an email while I'm still awake!
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to all who signed up!

I received the survey but no Beta code thus far.
    I'm not too bothered about it though, gives me more time to play the PC version. ;-)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    jimmy_lemmonb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Valve wrote: »
    Good luck to all who signed up!

I received the survey but no Beta code thus far.
    I'm not too bothered about it though, gives me more time to play the PC version. ;-)

I still don't own the PC version but I eventually want to.
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea if Microsoft is going to send out beta codes to their Preview Program members? Also, does buying the pc-to-console transfer come with beta access, even if it's only for like the weekend?

You'll need to ask Microsoft and no.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmm.... I'm not seeing anything on mine when I purchased the $20 copy PC to PS4 ?

I'm 100% sure that buying the $20 has nothing to do with BETA access. Did you sign up over a year ago for console beta?

I also purchased the $20 game and got an email questionnaire about beta but those were unrelated events. Still no invite as of yet
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Here I am obsessively watching my email...
    Same here. :)

The new screens looks pretty damn impressive.

• ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    DAMN I didn't even know there was a console beta sign up. Where the F* have I been?

Oh yeah playing on pc....

If anyone receives the E-mail please post the title so we can search it just incase it goes to junk or something.

I didn't sign up for console but I did buy the $20 copy.
  • ferdiverbeekeb17_ESO2
    When is the OPEN beta?!?!

I would really love to have a key for this tho :)
    Edited by ferdiverbeekeb17_ESO2 on April 22, 2015 5:34PM
  • ohheynix
    ohheynix
    When is the OPEN beta?!?!

I would really love to have a key for this tho :)

This is the open beta. It's a limited-open beta, but I highly doubt they will have a completely open beta prior to launch. This looks like our only chance to taste the console version before release!
  • ferdiverbeekeb17_ESO2
    I mean, for everyone to try out the game. It was said somewhere there will be a OPEN beta. But when???
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    I'm hopeful, but not keeping up my hopes high. :smiley:
  • ohheynix
    ohheynix
    I mean, for everyone to try out the game. It was said somewhere there will be a OPEN beta. But when???

Taken from the first paragraph of the official announcement: "This is a limited public beta—it will be our one beta before launch, and you must receive an invite to participate."

Meaning there will not be another beta. This is your only chance.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be template characters available like on the PTS, or is everyone starting straight from the beginning. While I won't be spending every second of the weekend playing*, I'd still like to test a vet dungeon or two in addition to the starter zones.

*That's if I do get the invite.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • ohheynix
    ohheynix
    Daveheart wrote: »
    Will there be template characters available like on the PTS, or is everyone starting straight from the beginning. While I won't be spending every second of the weekend playing*, I'd still like to test a vet dungeon or two in addition to the starter zones.

*That's if I do get the invite.

When I played beta for the PC, you started totally fresh. I kinda doubt they'd have a template vet character, however that would be VERY nice. Although, it's not like I'd really know wtf to do as I still haven't hit vet rank. Took a break for about eight months and came back two months before TU released. We shall see, though. My guess is you'll have to start fresh!
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Daveheart. There won't be any template characters for this test event.

@ferdiverbeekeb17_ESO2, this is our only beta for the console version of ESOTU.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Beastboy93
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Hey do you work with everyone who made the game? and who came up with the released date?