The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IDDQD guild, First Euro (2,5 World) to Down Serpent.

Metalxead
Metalxead
✭✭
Hi there, i am member of IDDQD, Russian-speaking guild and i wanna share my thought about whole Sanctum Ophidia trial, and ofc share the vid's :)
328364269ac5987dcb739d0c26b234b9.png

First af all i am like the direction ZOS chose for PVE content keep goin!
Trash mobs make this trial even more difficult, i like it too, but i think ZOS need make less copy-paste pack of it, better have less pack's overall, but each pack must have *unique* mechanics and for beat those pack's you will need make more than raid stacking.

Mantikora
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGD9tjIFkZw

Our raid setup there:
3 healers (Templars)
1 Main tank (Templar)
1 Offtank in plate ,resto staff 2nd bar/combat prayer (Templar)
1 Offtank in light, resto staff 2nd bar/combat prayer (Dragon Knight)
6 DPS (3 Sorc, 2 NB, 1 DK)

We was the first who kill Mantikora on EU megaserver (23.09), and this boss not so hard, most of guild's just pick up PTS kill tactic even with "negate magick" was nerfed, just make little changes. This was a big mistake IMHO, our guild dont even touch Sanctum Ophidia on PTS, so we start makin our own tactic. This is one of our first kills, so DPS not so good (630~seconds on video) compare to nowdays (460-490 sec. 4th portal dont even spawn now).
Thiss boss have small DPS check, same time you need good coordinaton, personal skill for whole raid and very good two tanks!

What i am rly dislike on this boss, there are some bugs here, like portal spawn on Atronach and sometimes portal didnt spawn at all, or didnt suck you into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8XXRs8-6A&list=UUgkyThzErKno1sFKVYNMszg
Second thing i dont like, there is no Achivement for this boss :(

Serpent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVqP91EhSoU
Our raid setup there:

1 Main tank (Templar)
1 Healer (Templar)
3 Offhealers (Templars)
1 Offtank in light armor, desto staff 2nd bar (Dragon Knight)
6 DPS (5 Sorc, 1 NB)

cea3363e71fc204c7d4e645eb01f4ae6.jpg
I am got mixed feelings here...
What i am like in this boss?
Long fight, so you cant just *DERP DERP ZERG* him.
Melee/stamina friendly.
Beautiful place overall.
More than *one* way to go on this boss, you can chose what you will do there, which totems focus 1st, how manage ADDs, what do with two mini Mantikoras same time, how to mange with Pull totems etc. Action pack boss! You will be scared every second by curse totem, pull totem, and BOOM phase!
For this boss you need very good DPS (not Extreme but still), good Tank, Skilled guys who wanna deal with Lliams and almost EXTREME good coordination for BOOM phase. Usualy we lose 1-2 guys on BOOM phase, sometimes we manage pass BOOM without any one dying there..

In this vid, we was make many mistakes (on BOOM and Posion phase's) and i am did sometimes weird actions here :(, still our DPS raid was very good, and we manage to kill him before 4th BOOM phase, if you raid DPS will be very good, you can kill Serpent even before two Mantikora will spawn.

What i am dont like here?
Rewards... just doesnt exist at ALL! Loot wise = 0! Title? no.
What changes to AA and HRC after we beat Serpent? We did normal AA afterwards - 0 changes, maybe we neet kill AA hardmode? or Kill Serpent Hardmode than AA hardmode to loot golden v14 aether with super enchantments? Why we must suffer so much if we can just farm trial weekly? ZOS, if you wanna make people start go grow their skill, make GOOD rewards! this is best motivator TBH!
No point to farm this boss.

33 minutes time run, ZOS are you serious? no one will make this before 1.5 i swear, 63 minutes seems more real, just imagine, you manage come to Serpent with 0 death (best our soul count was 33~), even if you can make it for 25 minutes, how you manage to lose 0 people on BOOM phases every time?

Lets talk about thrash pack's again, Serpent itself not so difficult, but this amount of packs provide you too little time for practice on Serpent. Our raid time is 4-5hrs~ per day, and for this time we can come to Serpent like 3-4 times.. add here BOOM phase and posion phase that prevent you to *evade* boss sometimes..

Random factor here, bad luck on this boss can make him almost unkillable so you will need evade boss.
For example - how will purple bubbles will respawn on BOOM phase, How many pull totmess you will have, where they will spawn...
=============================================================

Post you comments and questions here, about Sanctum Ophidia, our guild, or maybe you wanna know some Sorc tips?:) i will answer for sure.
Right now we take a break, most of our guild members didnt even touch DSA on veteran mode, and we need make Achivements on AA and HRC hardmodes (beat those before patch, and didnt get Achivements :( )
Serpent on hardmode will be later, i hope we can do it before 1.5 hits on Live.

p.s. Sorry for bad english here :)
p.s.s. My performance on Serpent kill was awful :(
Edited by Metalxead on October 16, 2014 4:37AM
Metalxead - V14 Sorc - Auriels Bow/Thornblade/Haderus - Ex-Emperor - IDDQD,Arena.
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grats guys, we just got it too :D
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Metalxead
    Metalxead
    ✭✭
    Wow, good day here! GZ too you aswell!
    Metalxead - V14 Sorc - Auriels Bow/Thornblade/Haderus - Ex-Emperor - IDDQD,Arena.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple of questions about the Mantikora.

1. What steps can be taken to reduce the damage that the stomp does to the group?

2. What is the benefit of the Sorcs using their Atronach ultimate other than DPS it does?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭
    Congratulations its a very hard fight!

To the post above, Nova, Barrier, Strategically placed veils, Warhorn.
  • Metalxead
    Metalxead
    ✭✭
    Butters21 wrote: »
    Congratulations its a very hard fight!

To the post above, Nova, Barrier, Strategically placed veils, Warhorn.

Add to this little bit more, circle of protection (stomp are physical dmg so armor will help), combat prayer, bone shield, NB shadows, veil of blades, class shields and heals (critical surge, strife) will help.
    Just remember, longer you kill Serpent Avatar in portal, harder Mantikora Sotmps.

Atronach is better single target ULTY so far, give some mana sustain and deal good chunk of DMG.

Edited by Metalxead on October 16, 2014 7:19AM
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭

1. What steps can be taken to reduce the damage that the stomp does to the group?

2. What is the benefit of the Sorcs using their Atronach ultimate other than DPS it does?

The most "hiding" ability is Deep Slash. Tank must use it.
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats! It's quite a feat :)

Edit: PS: also feel your pain about not having the HM achievements- we did em before patch too but don't have achieves :(
    Edited by Jules on October 16, 2014 10:40AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, you guys deserved that EU first :smiley:

Shame about that loot though, they're buffing it in 1.5 afaik, but I wonder if that'll be enough... Trial loot was buffed already in 1.3(?) I think, it used to be even worse :neutral_face:
    Edited by DDuke on October 16, 2014 12:49PM
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    ✭✭✭
    On behalf of Deviance I would like to congratulate you on your take down of the serpent. You have fought long and hard to reach this point and your deeds have not gone un-noticed by the community c:

A passing bug,
    -Grasshopper

ps: Try putting on the green dye you just got, it is beautiful on some armor parts!
    Bug and Theorycrafter since beta.
  • Metalxead
    Metalxead
    ✭✭
    Thanks mate!
    Only today i read this whole drama about *share* Vids/guids with your guild... What i can say? When you share this vid, we already down serpent to 15%~ so nothing new ;)
    Overall i think there is no 100% right choice.. i mean share or not share vid, not matter what you do, some people will agree , some people will hate you anytime, so keep going what you like :)

In our guild we make decision not share our Mantikora kill, before we kill Serpent that all.

One question here, what about hardmode? I see those Snake totmes, so they spit poison i guess? and ofc more HP pool and maybe two mantikoras each phase?
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭

Ah, i forgot to say i also have second neck with +630 armor chant.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @B11zzard‌ @Metalxead‌ @Butters21‌
    Thanks for the responses guys. My group has a sound strat with regard to movements, but we have been struggling with the stomps and their increasing damage. Hopefully your suggestions will help us out.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    B11zzard wrote: »

Are you sure about this? I didn't think Deep Slash worked on Trials bosses?

• B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Just try it and you will see :)

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B11zzard wrote: »

Are you sure about this? I didn't think Deep Slash worked on Trials bosses?

Yes it does.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, congrats!
    To be honest, I only came here to ask about your guild name, IDDQD.

Does it stand for something or are you guys also huge doom95 fans?
  • Metalxead
    Metalxead
    ✭✭
    IDDQD guild are BIG multigaming russian community (AA,GW2,BDO etc), and we are part of it, so doom95 fans there ofc :)
    Edited by Metalxead on October 20, 2014 2:51AM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gratz again!! iddqd for ever! B)
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We double dare you to take our place in Sanctum Ophidia now. :)

Sincerely,
    Baby Face Bananas.