The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Dragonknight help

SlyFox1979
SlyFox1979
✭✭
I've been thinking about making a DK but not sure about the race for it and of the racials which will benefit me the most for my playstyle which is DPS for the most part and i was trying to figure out if dual-weild or 2H would be the best option.

i've done reading up on racials for some races khajiit & dunmer could be the best choices, i try to look at racials like buying a sandwitch i try to not get something that i can get normally so in this case weapon skills starting off are nice and all but over time i'll get those so that isn't much for incentive for anything.
on the other hand the khajiit crit racial is something i don't think any other race has to offer and on the other hand the dunmer's fire dmg racial is in the same boat no other race has this.

i know there is more racials but these two i don't see any other races have.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like to do a DPS stamina build that focuses on weapon damage with crits, then I'd go Khajiit. If you'd like to do a DPS magicka build that focuses on class skills, I'd go Dunmer (for the fire damage racial).

As far as whether it's better to go with dual wield or two-handed, I'm not really sure. I definitely used to think that dual wield was far better, but two-handed got buffed significantly in 1.6, and now I find it to be really effective. I'm honestly not sure which is better for DPS these days, but I suspect it's now two-handed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're set on being a stamina DPS, you're better off with a Redguard than Khajiit. Max stamina, stamina recovery, and stamina returned from melee attacks all adds up to be a great choice. That being said, Dunmer is the best choice for a DK as you've got passives that mesh well with both stamina and magicka builds in addition to the fire synergy with DKs.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    If you're set on being a stamina DPS, you're better off with a Redguard than Khajiit. Max stamina, stamina recovery, and stamina returned from melee attacks all adds up to be a great choice. That being said, Dunmer is the best choice for a DK as you've got passives that mesh well with both stamina and magicka builds in addition to the fire synergy with DKs.
    Oh, and in addition to what @Daveheart says here, and what I said above, if you're considering ever becoming a Vampire, Dunmer make the best Vamps with their built-in fire resistance...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan - Oh yeah, Dunmer is a great combo with vampirism.

Also, to answer the 2H or Dual Wield question. Level both. Also level bow. Start with whichever you feel you'd like more and run with that as your primary weapon of choice. When you hit level 15 and unlock weapon swapping, put one of the other weapons on bar 2 and set it up with skills you'd like to level. Swap to bar 2 whenever you turn in a quest to gain experience for the skills and weapon set you're running for bar 2. I'd also suggest using 5 pieces of medium armor, 1 piece of heavy, and 1 piece of light armor. This will ensure you've got all the skills and passives available when you hit the higher ranks.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    i've been thinking of trying werewolf for a melee class like DK and i was going to maybe go vamp on my breton sorc
    but not sure how good were wolf is at all.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlyFox1979 wrote: »
    i've been thinking of trying werewolf for a melee class like DK and i was going to maybe go vamp on my breton sorc
    but not sure how good were wolf is at all.
    If you're only doing PVE, then even if you never use WW form it's good just because it gives you a bonus to stamina regen (so it's especially good if you're doing a stamina build, but handy even if you're going with magicka). If you're interested in PVP it can be a liability, as there's a Fighters Guild ability that other players can get which can proc even if you're not in WW form.

If you're planning to actually transform into WW form, once you've got it leveled up and have access to all of the skills and passives, it's not bad, but not as powerful as you might expect it to be, considering you have to use an ultimate to transform. It's definitely way more viable now than it used to be though.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    well i already have my sorc that uses tons of magicka so i think i'd go for stam build but i will wanna use the fire skills as well because why not ? :-P
    so i think i may lean towards dunmer but i like the look of khajiit more

oh and i was going to focus on smithing for armor/weapons since my sorc has everything else covered