The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon request

zdkazz
zdkazz
✭✭✭✭
So im a big fan of enhanced blood, the mod from skyrim one of the features this mod did was the blood splatter on screen, I know we cannot add blood splatter to the game world, however can someone please make me an add on that splatters blood on the screen starting at 50% health and gets stronger as your health went down?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can only access the UI layer in front of the 3D world.

It should be possible to add a transparently layer to the UI that does not intercept Mouse actions.
    Not surehow to keep it from going into front of the menues.
    The hard part is propably getting a blood splatter texture to show into the game.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    We can only access the UI layer in front of the 3D world.

It should be possible to add a transparently layer to the UI that does not intercept Mouse actions.
    Not surehow to keep it from going into front of the menues.
    The hard part is propably getting a blood splatter texture to show into the game.

see I know nothing about addons, so i figured it could be added much like the icons are added for buffs and debuffs on your char if you use addons like that(i dont) I though it could be triggered by things like the low health warnings some addons do, tbh I wouldnt mind if they went over the menus aslong as they faded out and were semi transparent. but once again I know nothing about how this works lol.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also wouldnt mind some splatter on my screen and have it tell me I killed xplayerx when in pvp(even if it only told me this in chat in large red text) lol Idk if this is even possible, but I would love it lol
  • akcicek
    akcicek
    Hello All,

Any Official CS from TESO side can advise us which Addons are legal and official and we can use in game.
    For instance, can we use all addons The Curse published?
    Thanks
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    akcicek wrote: »
    Hello All,

Any Official CS from TESO side can advise us which Addons are legal and official and we can use in game.
    Thanks
    As far as I know all addons which use default API are allowed. It means that you can safely use all addons published on Curse or ESOUI. (I recommend using ESOUI and their Minion as there is much more addons - 113 on Curse, 662 on ESOUI)
    If ZOS don't want addons using any API function, they will just make a change to the API. Same as they have disabled functionality of Jumper addon (function JumpToGuildMember(playerName) does not work for yourself anymore).
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    akcicek wrote: »
    Hello All,

Thanks
    As far as I know all addons which use default API are allowed. It means that you can safely use all addons published on Curse or ESOUI. (I recommend using ESOUI and their Minion as there is much more addons - 113 on Curse, 662 on ESOUI)
    If ZOS don't want addons using any API function, they will just make a change to the API. Same as they have disabled functionality of Jumper addon (function JumpToGuildMember(playerName) does not work for yourself anymore).

so would an addon like this be possible to make?
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, in my opinion it's possible. You can't add anything to the 3D world, but what you want is just semi-transparent texture displayed on the screen. It is almost the same as health warning in the default UI.

So you just have to make textures, listen to the EVENT_POWER_UPDATE event and display textures accordingly.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in my opinion it's possible. You can't add anything to the 3D world, but what you want is just semi-transparent texture displayed on the screen. It is almost the same as health warning in the default UI.

So you just have to make textures, listen to the EVENT_POWER_UPDATE event and display textures accordingly.

i have no idea how to make that lol, thx for the info however
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    zdkazz wrote: »

This is an example (though not the best example):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsfn89ewzyp1hw8/BloodyScreen.zip

For better addon try to make request on ESOUI forums:
    http://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165
    Edited by Garkin on August 24, 2014 1:23AM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭

This is an example (though not the best example):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsfn89ewzyp1hw8/BloodyScreen.zip

For better addon try to make request on ESOUI forums:
    http://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165

wow you made one that quick? im stoked to try it thanks!
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Garkin it looks really good except for the fact that around the edge of some splatters it shows white from the texture, ill try messing around with it, it is awesome I appreciate it alot thank you you rule!
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    @Garkin it looks really good except for the fact that around the edge of some splatters it shows white from the texture, ill try messing around with it, it is awesome I appreciate it alot thank you you rule!
    I made a few changes to the addon, link is the same as before. (Different textures, random splatter textures, positions and transparency, first splatter is at 75% of health)
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a few changes to the addon, link is the same as before. (Different textures, random splatter textures, positions and transparency, first splatter is at 75% of health)
    that is amaising, I am trying to make my own addon atm, i dont know what Im doing but I want t add first person helms and hoods, would it be ok if I incorporated this and the fpv helms and hoods in one package? I would give you credit for the splatter and thank you for the help.
    I want to make something like the helmet fov mod for oblivion, but i want to make the textures see through(so its not so oppressive), like your eyes have agusted to having wear the helm, heres and example,
    8991-1-1217511863.jpg
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get the blood on the character models & weapons you would actually need a full-on MOD, not an Add-On, because you need to retexture 3D models or create texture overlays in order to make it happen (and that would include plotting their position in 3 dimensional space, which the Add-On API that we have available to us is incapable of properly doing.

A MOD lives up to its name and actually modifies game files to achieve a goal (usually graphical, in most games). MMOs historically do not allow modding. ESO is no different in that regard.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    To get the blood on the character models & weapons you would actually need a full-on MOD, not an Add-On, because you need to retexture 3D models or create texture overlays in order to make it happen (and that would include plotting their position in 3 dimensional space, which the Add-On API that we have available to us is incapable of properly doing.

A MOD lives up to its name and actually modifies game files to achieve a goal (usually graphical, in most games). MMOs historically do not allow modding. ESO is no different in that regard.

i know thats why i said in my op that i know i cant add blood to the world or wepons but is it possible o add to the screen, and @Garkin‌ did an awsome job of it, just neex firstperson helms textures and its finished lol
    Edited by zdkazz on August 26, 2014 8:53PM
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I added my post for the benefit of other folk who might read your thread and wonder why it wouldn't work.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    Yep. I added my post for the benefit of other folk who might read your thread and wonder why it wouldn't work.

ah ok, well thank you,
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I have updated addon again, and it is now available on ESOUI:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info717-BloodyScreen.html
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Garkin can you also make a helmit fov, (just hood would work for me) like this but less triangular(more hoodlike ) and also see through ish?
    http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/101/images/8991-5-1217511864.jpg
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    @Garkin can you also make a helmit fov, (just hood would work for me) like this but less triangular(more hoodlike ) and also see through ish?
    http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/101/images/8991-5-1217511864.jpg

Khrill Helm Control + KHC Helmet FOV add-in
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild