The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scope of Roleplaying

SOUVIK
SOUVIK
Hello friends, I was just wondering does it bother anyone else in RPer fraternity that whatever action we are doing has no actual(not in RL obviously) impact in the lore.
Let me clarify. When we RP we generally think whatever we are doing all our action will help to a little extent to shape the game world. For example Lets see the case of WOW. It is an open ended game. However what ever we do we know that Cyrodill will be ruled by Imperials, all the pacts will eventually collapse, the threat of Morag Bal will be over. What is your view in this aspect. Does it hinder it you anyway in immersion?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I RP'd my Imperial to be a vampire in ESO....

What's to say he isn't the same Imperial vampire lord I play in Skyrim? Or Oblivion? :wink:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    ESO takes place around 2E 582 and Oblivion at 3E 433. So that is nearly 748 years. Your vampire supposed to become an elder vampire or super vampire or bored to death and kill itself by roaming in Sunlight! :wink:
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOUVIK wrote: »
    ESO takes place around 2E 582 and Oblivion at 3E 433. So that is nearly 748 years. Your vampire supposed to become an elder vampire or super vampire or bored to death and kill itself by roaming in Sunlight! :wink:

Lol, still, that's just an example... I think most of us RPers agree our characters will die of old age before anything happens, and no one RPs as the Vestige to my knowledge, we're just simply folk, so we're not suppose to have an impact in the world. The only two possibilities of living until the single player games is being a Lich or being a Vampire.

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    Truly speaking I also dislike the idea of playing as Vestige, as it sounds ridiculous when you stand in arena, close your eyes, through a stone and it will hurt at least one 'The Chosen One'.