The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Key press instead of key release

Xence
Xence
✭✭
Hi,

I was looking in the forum for a post who talk about it but i couldn't find anything recent. In ESO, the spell fires when we release the key and not when we press it. It would be faster and more dynamic if we could fire a spell by pressing the key and not releasing it. So i have several questions :

- Does an addon like this exist ?
- If not, is it possible to create it ? (Does the API allow it)
- If not, why ?

Thanks for reading :smile:
Toki Xa'm - Lamenoire. Je réalise des guides. Parfois, je joue.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    - No.
    - No.
    - Because functions you need to use are private - it means they can't be called from within addon's code. If you want to argument that there are 3rd party tools which allows using private functions, you are right. However I don't recommend using such tools...
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    Ok ! Thanks ! That was precise :smile:

However I don't understand why the key press isn't the function that the game use...
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Game may use and utilize anything, but that doesn't mean everything game uses is available to be used by add-ons. Add-ons may only use whatever is allowed via UI API. If there is a potential way for add-ons to intefere with the game in unwanted by design way - this will not be available to add-ons.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    I wasn't talking about that. I was saying that they choose to activate ability when we release the key and not when we press it. Choice that i don't fully understand because it reduces the dynamic in the game (even if it's by a little).
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    If you press more than one key, the one you realease will activate the skill. I guess that makes sense.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author