Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

DKs need a spammable stam DPs ability

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Stamina DK are actually weaker then you think. Earthen heart passives are nice, but not even close to overpowered. The only thing I like, is the aoe reduce armor morph fire breath, or whatever the name is. But I tried that on a boss in vet grotto today, and my dps stayed exactly the same as before I "reduced" the armor. If a boss have 50.000 armor and you reduce it by 5k, thats really nothing. When that is said, how much armor do bosses actually have?

Bosses in Vet Dungeons do not have much armor, that is why your difference was so low.

I did some tests on my v8 DK with Corrosive armor which ignores 100% of Armor.

Wblow with Corrosive Armor 12,5k crit on Boss in vet dung.
    Wblow without Corros. Armor 11,6k crit. Boss in vet dung.

However, if you are using the skill on Trial bosses, you will see a huge dmg increase of your attacks :)

If you are pact, you also could try it on Big Ozur boss in Reapers march, he has a lot of Armor.
    Edited by Alcast on April 17, 2015 8:00AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm all for having a stam morph for the whip, (as for gap closer, we have the chain pull - yes it works even on pulling yourself into your target) but seriously, i'm happy with Unstable Flame and Flaming Breath.

UF is like, 500 stam, dirt cheap, spammable, and has quite a bit of punch... about 2.5 ~ 3k? (then the 7-10k DoT or something).
    And Flaming Breath has an armor debuff too, anyone noticed?

Wrecking Blow is great, but it's not a huge difference than, say, DW, and works well with Bow as well.... so i can't say that Stam DK is "stuck" with 2H and that's it.

What I WOULD like to see, is more stam-morph DEFENSIVE skills... or CROWD CONTROL skill... like Green Dragon or Talon, or that thing that grows thorns on your back.... or spinning rocks thing.... yeah. Those.

Keep Lash as it is, but if I have some kind of stam-based CC and healing skill..... holy crap. Take Wrecking Blow away I couldn't care less........
    I'll be rocking some DW stuff, or Carve and Executioner, while having that shooting fire balls thingie that increases the crit %.... awwww yeah.
    Edited by Davadin on April 17, 2015 7:33PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Give DKs a spammable DPS move.

But take away Igneous Shield first.
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly as I say in the title I feel that DK needs a hard hitting stamina ability. The perfect solution to this is to give a stam morph to whip. NBs have surprise attack. Temps have biting jabs. Sorc is primarily a magicka based class (hence they are only class shown in LA during character creation). It is unfair to dks that either we wrecking blow or we don't really have a viable single target dps move on stam builds. Thoughts?

So i suggest Templar gets a hp bound heal for stamina builds and dots scaling off stamina aswell, just like the dk! Lets be all the same boring class ok?

Maybe but just maybe we have certain skills because we lack of others... but thats just a stupid thought ....... OMG!
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing my Nightblade in PvP again..and I gotta tell ya..having an attack besides Wrecking Blow makes a world of Difference.

Options
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't giving us a spammable DPS ability just make us the same as other classes (except inferior because let's face it, we will never have the same burst that a NB has)?

Wouldn't it make more sense to buff our survivability and our DoT's? I.e. make us better at the things which actually define our class.

Even if we did have a single spammable direct-damage move...other classes have even more of those.
    I completely agree. 2h is only weapon that gives you hot and DPs boost.

Pretty much mandatory to have a 2hander, even if your primary is dual wield, just for that damage buff. Kind of wish it wasn't.

Dual Wield has a +15% more damage against CC'd enemies passive, except people always break out of CC instantly making it useless for PvP. Perhaps if it was "+15% damage to recently CC'd enemies".
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 17, 2015 8:38PM
    Options