The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Builds on the official website

jakenaftalb14a_ESO
I didn't know where to put this so I figured here would be a good place for discussion.
How would you feel about a section of the website where you could create and name your own build without having to use a 3rd party website?
You could make your own and save it under a name (think archetype).
The Battlemaster's Corner is great, but I feel like a great way for new players to get a feel of how some of the more popular builds among the community would be to have a section of the website that shows them. They could even be inspired to continue using their less popular build by seeing someone else post something similar. I know that calculators and saving builds exist on fan-created websites but those resources are hardly used or updated. At least the ones I have seen.

Is there a fansite I'm missing or do you think this would be a good idea for the main page?
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    There are two sites for that:

Deltia's Gaming
    A passionate ESO player that creates reasonable good builds for upcomming patches. He observes new patch notes and creates builds around them.

Tamrielfoundry
    This is a site recommended for "Theory Crafters". This means some smart guys answer to your build (if you built one) if some choices are correct or if there are better ones.
    You can find some nice builds there plus you get deep information about skills and gameplay.

I recently asked on TF (second site) why they prefer TF over the official forums. Because on official forums there is too much off-topic and spam.
  • jakenaftalb14a_ESO
    Thanks for the links, I appreciate it! I knew of both sites but not of their functionality. I have to agree with TF on how they responded to you. There are far too few sections on the forums for focused discussion, so I totally understand.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links, I appreciate it! I knew of both sites but not of their functionality. I have to agree with TF on how they responded to you. There are far too few sections on the forums for focused discussion, so I totally understand.

It's not only the section. It's also forum rules who have to be enforced by Moderators. But for casual players this may look like censorship and so on.

Plus if you focus on min/maxing and "get the best out of everything" on the main website, this may also enrage casual players, because you set a specific target audience with that and you exclude other players.

So I understand why Zenimax outsources this. :)

No problem, btw!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although, it would be cool with something like that German GW2 site where you can rate eachothers buils
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    There is a German site like that:
    ESO-Skillwerkstatt

But IMHO the search algorithm doesn't distinguish between different patch versions, which is very important, in my Nightblade opinion.

But it's a nice upcomming site, I guess.