Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What kind of PvP will be in imperial city?

Kronosphere
Kronosphere
✭✭✭✭
anyone got any word? i dont follow the vids very closely so im hoping people know something i dont? last i heard it was going to be dungeon/pvp hybrid?
~House Indoril~
Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of PVP will take place in the sewers of Imperial City as you make your way in. That I do know.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder how camped the entrances will be lol
    ~House Indoril~

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can go look at the entrances right now. They've been there forever, but are a bit out of the way, so I suspect it'd be unfun for the gankers, who aren't real AvAers anyways, to get preemptively wiped by organized groups coming by to enter the City. They're not really by anything that you'd nowadays ride past.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be the kind of PvP which is called PvE.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

? they pretty clearly stated there will be pvp elements to it.
    ~House Indoril~

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

? they pretty clearly stated there will be pvp elements to it.

They also said fixing performance issues in Cyrodiil was a priority for them.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    touche =P
    ~House Indoril~

• Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also understood that it would be largely pve inside. That can't be right. it would be a waste of content. PVEers couldn't reach it and pvpers will be ganking the pveers at the sewers.

edit, based on past events, this is entirely possible :(
    Edited by Frawr on April 17, 2015 6:35AM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hoped it is an amazing addition of content and game mechanics. I want it to conform to the general idea they have had from the beginning that Cyrodil is a PvE and PvP zone. Some suggestions I have . . .

- Make sure the layout of the city zones is balanced between PvP and PvE.
    - Make some faction specific zones, but allow the other faction players to be able to infiltrate and take over certain spots.
    - Include some thieves guild quests where you have to do some sneaking and stealing (in oblivion there were a lot of quests designed like this and they were fun)
    - Include spots in the city that are werewolf dens and vampire covens that any faction can enter, provided they are a werewolf or vampire and provide quests and PvP opportunities to encourage people to use their I undead or lycanthropy abilities.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The usual one:

Laggy.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiskyBob wrote: »
    The usual one:

Laggy.

stole my answer
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds good but dare say it would quickly descend into a camping laggy mess.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they get Imperial City right, it probably will be very hard to balance.
    PVE content has to be challenging but not to difficult because there will also be pvping going on.

I wonder if Imperial City will be instanced though, I can imagine the entire area can be ruined by big zergs roaming around. Not to mention it will be unplayable with many players inside if the current latency problems havent been solved when Imperial City is released.

What I do know:
    -After entering the sewers you come in a save zone, strictly for your alliance.
    -There will be districts that can be conquered which give your alliance bonuses.
    -There will be a Imperial Deadric crafting location, here you can craft Imperial Daedric gear. Not sure if its only cosmetic or if it also will have an unique set bonus.
    -There will be pve group quests and dungeons, while doing these you can encounter other alliance players.

This was discussed in a Quakecon 2014 presentation: link to video
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that we know about Imperial City:
    Access
    • Requires owning all six home keeps in Cyrodiil
    Imperial Sewers
    • Each alliance has their own entrance to the Sewers in Cyrodiil (the DC one is in Weye, the AD one is by the bridge NE of Alessia, the EP one is north of Lake Mist Ruins)
    • Each alliance has a two-section "home sewer" which leads to a central "hub" area
    • Each alliance has a safe zone inside the sewers
      • What is not known is how much of an alliance's "home sewer" is also their "safe zone"
    • The sewers will contain PvE quests and PvE bosses
    • A large central section of the sewers will be a PvP area
    Imperial Districts
    • The Imperial City has 6 districts, all of which are PvP areas
    • Three of the districts (Arboretum, Market, and Nobles) can be captured for your alliance
      • This will most likely have an associated quest which rewards AP
      • This seems to involve going into Coldharbour
      • With no defence, these districts will eventually revert to NPC enemy control
      • Owning a district provides a passive bonus (probably AP and XP) and the ability to respawn there
    • Each district has a series of (probably repeatable) PvE quests
    • Each district contains a shrine to a Divine which provides some sort of buff
    Imperial Prison
    • A Group Dungeon, unknown whether it will be PvE only
    Other Stuff
    • Skyshards (probably 9)
    • An Imperial City main quest
    • Crafting sites with new set bonuses
    • Caches of Imperial and Daedric goods
    • White-Gold Tower dungeon, but possibly not when IC is released

So specifically for PvP, you have the open sewers section and the districts for skirmishes, and larger battles for district control. Admittedly the list seems to have a lot more PvE elements, but equally, PvE must be provided for, while PvP is largely player-driven, and listing the stuff you can do in the rest of Cyrodiil would also have a numerically longer PvE list.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Things that we know about Imperial City:
    Access
    • Requires owning all six home keeps in Cyrodiil
    Imperial Sewers
    • Each alliance has their own entrance to the Sewers in Cyrodiil (the DC one is in Weye, the AD one is by the bridge NE of Alessia, the EP one is north of Lake Mist Ruins)
    • Each alliance has a two-section "home sewer" which leads to a central "hub" area
    • Each alliance has a safe zone inside the sewers
      • What is not known is how much of an alliance's "home sewer" is also their "safe zone"
    • The sewers will contain PvE quests and PvE bosses
    • A large central section of the sewers will be a PvP area
    Imperial Districts
    • The Imperial City has 6 districts, all of which are PvP areas
    • Three of the districts (Arboretum, Market, and Nobles) can be captured for your alliance
      • This will most likely have an associated quest which rewards AP
      • This seems to involve going into Coldharbour
      • With no defence, these districts will eventually revert to NPC enemy control
      • Owning a district provides a passive bonus (probably AP and XP) and the ability to respawn there
    • Each district has a series of (probably repeatable) PvE quests
    • Each district contains a shrine to a Divine which provides some sort of buff
    Imperial Prison
    • A Group Dungeon, unknown whether it will be PvE only
    Other Stuff
    • Skyshards (probably 9)
    • An Imperial City main quest
    • Crafting sites with new set bonuses
    • Caches of Imperial and Daedric goods
    • White-Gold Tower dungeon, but possibly not when IC is released

So specifically for PvP, you have the open sewers section and the districts for skirmishes, and larger battles for district control. Admittedly the list seems to have a lot more PvE elements, but equally, PvE must be provided for, while PvP is largely player-driven, and listing the stuff you can do in the rest of Cyrodiil would also have a numerically longer PvE list.

Nice work on the summary of Imperial City, I do have some doubts. If you can only enter the sewers when your alliance has 6 home keeps most players will go to their alliance 'buff' campaign at which they can always enter the sewers, do Imperial City quests etc without any resistance from other alliances. So what would be the benefit of entering Imperial City in competitive campaigns like Thornblade for example?

Edit: By benefit I mean the benefit for the individual players, I think most players couldnt care less about their allaince score and are mainly interested in gear and AP/XP gain.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on April 21, 2015 12:55PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvL

Player vs. Lag
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on becoming emperor of the pve zone
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder how camped the entrances will be lol

Brings to mind the Alessia Bridge :s ! pve'ers would never survive !
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    I also understood that it would be largely pve inside. That can't be right. it would be a waste of content. PVEers couldn't reach it and pvpers will be ganking the pveers at the sewers.

edit, based on past events, this is entirely possible :(

Welcome to DAoC2 been hearing about this setup since beta, never been that intrested aside from getting to explore the imp city, that would be cool even if pve, but in this game imp city was supposed to the big new content for pvpers, surprise its 90%pve. ......wait i think i used surprise wrong
    Edited by Naivefanboi on April 21, 2015 3:10PM