Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To my knowledge Gold Undaunted Keys don't exist.

Shogunami
Shogunami
✭✭✭✭
I recently started playing again after several months of inactivity and so far I've done three pledges. For completing two gold pledges I've gotten silver keys.

The first time it happened (Veteran Elden Hollow - kill boss after tome of madness craziness) we finished gold pledge but all got silver keys. Supposedly, this was fixed in the latest (?) patch.
Now it happened again, we finished a gold pledge (Veteran Fungal Grotto - don't use husk/power aura when killing boss) and received a silver key.
The silver key reward - a random blue item, isn't even remotely an incentive to do pledges.

I don't want to flame or complain about the incessant bugs or how I've spent hours for nothing, so I'll simply say this:
To my knowledge Gold Undaunted Keys don't exist.

Has this happened to you as well?
-
"I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EH, make sure if you wipe that you read the Opus every time, and make sure all your party members are present and logged in when you do.

If you don't see a healer spawn, run back down the bridge, let it reset, relog one at a time, and try it again.

Grotto, it's very easy to clip the edge of the shield without actually going underneath it, so try to stay to the far edge. Also, when first talking to the NPC, as soon as he says 'Goodbye,' run away. Even though the shield should only count when the channeled attack is happening, I've heard in the past that this can glitch.

Careful with familiars in this one too, shades or even Atro can break the shield perimeter and I do believe it counts.

Last thing, you should get scrolling completion text across the center of your screen, indicating dungeon completion and hard mode specifics, if applicable.

Screenshot this always. It shows the time, your group members, and most importantly that you did what you say you did.

At that point, if it offers you up a silver key, screenshot that, as well, and make a CS ticket - they'll have all the info they need to provide the gold key you should have earned in the first place.

Unfortunately, if you do not get that text, something went wrong (not necessarily something you did), so you have the option of eating the silver, or abandoning and rerunning.

I've ran 100's if not 1000's of dungeons and only had it burn me on key once and achievement (Speed Run, etc) twice.

Unfortunately, even with the gold keys, you're doing it for fame more than fortune, as the drops in those chests are often not much better.

Good luck, Undaunted.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ what all that guy said. They work fine.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never had any of these bugs and have been getting gold keys pretty much everyday for the last two months.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EH bug was confirmed by a dev recently and they added a fix. Not sure if that did the trick or not, though.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always recieved the gold key. Last was number 65, make sure your party members don't step inside the husk and read the book after a wipe :) on 2nd time you probably didn't trigger hardmode.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Only time I had trouble was Wayrest. Pulled and killed zombies from room on the right used to always give gold key. It burned me once so I started putting the zombies up top as well, and haven't had a problem. I think they fixed in the patch before last.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always recieved the gold key. Last was number 65, make sure your party members don't step inside the husk and read the book after a wipe :) on 2nd time you probably didn't trigger hardmode.

Nope, there was a resetting bug that was confirmed by a dev. I'm too lazy to go find the thread but it is somewhere here on the official forums
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcttocs wrote: »
    Only time I had trouble was Wayrest. Pulled and killed zombies from room on the right used to always give gold key. It burned me once so I started putting the zombies up top as well, and haven't had a problem. I think they fixed in the patch before last.

Same thing happened to me last time I did Wayrest, but there was a fix listed in the patch notes before last.
    The Moot Councillor