The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Welcome Back Weekend Kicks Off This Weekend"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Welcome Back Weekend Kicks Off This Weekend."

ESO beta participants are invited back to Tamriel, starting at 10AM EDT on Thursday, April 16 until 10AM EDT Monday, April 20th! Take a look at the many fan events and livestreams planned for the weekend!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • rook3162005
    rook3162005
    ✭✭✭
    Rare motifs on the crown store! Finally, something I want to buy! *drools* :smiley:
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah! This is going to be a great weekend. Grab your energy drinks folks, it'll be a long one!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • silverbluemoon
    I would really like to get a code for a friend of mine as well. I'm hoping she may purchase.
  • SaberCat
    SaberCat
    Soul Shriven
    Respec scrolls, sounds good to me.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Lag is what's probably gonna happen on this weekend... and lots of it. :|
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves guild armor in the screenshot.

Stop tease pls. It's gone past the point of being appreciated now, just giv me my season gear chase pls, pls-pls.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • iPatar
    iPatar
    Soul Shriven
    Crossing my fingers that the other 3 senche's will be (temporarily) available aswell (yes I'm looking at you Clouded Senche-Leopard)
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Unfortunately Lag is what's probably gonna happen on this weekend... and lots of it. :|

Exactly. Tell me @ZOS_JasonLeavey how are you guys going to explain the lousy game performance in both Pve and PvP (and particularly in Cyrodiil)? Do you really think returning players are going to stick around once they experience it?
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there goes the value of motifs. Good going; now we have a reason for the drop rate nerfs.

And people always complain that an AH / global market would destroy the value of in-game goods.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 14, 2015 12:22PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Crica
    Crica
    ✭✭
    Well, there goes the value of motifs. Good going; now we have a reason for the drop rate nerfs.

And people always complain that an AH / global market would destroy the value of in-game goods.

ppl want to buy cosmetic items with real money, did you really think motifs would not be something ppl could buy with real money once ESO went free to play?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see if my guild comes back.... :neutral: miss them guys O.o
    Edited by Donum-Dei on April 14, 2015 12:52PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder how many players that played in BETA and said ESO will be massive fail and don't have any chances etc will come back quietly and start playing.
    How many of those who said sub-based ESO won't make any sense and now will play it once more and SUB! :smile:

Well ...we will probably never find out.

So to all raging beta players that didn't belie is ESO succeeding: 'sux to be you now, right?' :trollface:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    I just wonder how many players that played in BETA and said ESO will be massive fail and don't have any chances etc will come back quietly and start playing.
    How many of those who said sub-based ESO won't make any sense and now will play it once more and SUB! :smile:

So to all raging beta players that didn't belie is ESO succeeding: 'sux to be you now, right?' :trollface:

Having to put multi in-game items on a cash shop is not a sign of "success." It's a desperate grab for money as fast as possible.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭

Having to put multi in-game items on a cash shop is not a sign of "success." It's a desperate grab for money as fast as possible.

Like everyone cares about the shop :smile:
    I'm playing ESO for content ...not the shop items, paying sub all the time not for new 'ESO plus' ...just to support the game as before
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭

In reality, that won't happen because of their principles of a mmo gaming code etc. I am one of those beta players and I came back because it became b2p and for the meaningful content they can keep adding, if they do so.

I could care less about that stupid crown shop, there are better things to ask and give good insight for a better gaming and experience rather than ask for the same old crappy vanity's.

But saying and thinking that many beta player will play this game just for those prices that only will be giving for a low amount of players? And those playes might be counted as the ones that have stuck with ESO since the very begging? That is sad stupid funny statement to make.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Welcome Back Weekend Kicks Off This Weekend."

ESO beta participants are invited back to Tamriel, starting at 10AM EDT on Thursday, April 16 until 10AM EDT Monday, April 20th! Take a look at the many fan events and livestreams planned for the weekend!

great now i need to buy some crowns for the new mount

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its a very poor decision to remove the leopard mount. Yeah sure have an exclusive mount temporarily available, but how about making it available for a bit longer than a few days? Plus, its such a waste - a cool looking mount like the leopard shouldn't be wasted on such a small opportunity, never ever to be seen again. It should be glorified even, as one of ESO's best mounts instead of wasted on a 1 time opportunity and then vanish completely.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Marko95
    Marko95
    Soul Shriven
    Wow there is even a chance for us less fortunate to get the game (for one at least), thank you ZeniMax.
  • jwill1991
    jwill1991
    ✭✭
    :D
    Edited by jwill1991 on April 16, 2015 3:45AM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i guess the game is goin F2P after all?
    Edited by Malmai on April 16, 2015 7:47AM
  • dichosonalecrwb17_ESO
    dichosonalecrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ill be playing this only for four days? so i downloaded a 80gb game, then after i played it for 4 days i cant log in?
  • hhaagen79b14_ESO
    hhaagen79b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've been trying to come back for a while now, but I keep having trouble with the download :(
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    Just for clarification purposes, can anyone win the prizes after playing 2 hours or are they available only for the returning beta players?
    Edited by VanyelMohr on April 16, 2015 4:01PM
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarifications for the Clan Shar'Matar Event locations are available now on our guild website.
    http://bit.ly/1zl3yw8
  • hesavedaveb14_ESO
    hesavedaveb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My download speed is horrendous. Looks like there will be no welcome back for me unless we can get a fix. 100kbps at 11% after leaving it to download for dozens of hours.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just for clarification purposes, can anyone win the prizes after playing 2 hours or are they available only for the returning beta players?

Anyone can win, whether you're a previous beta tester or current player!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • usbguruub17_ESO
    usbguruub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the Welcome Back. Beta was ok, but I could never get off the island, so it got boring very quickly.

Now to try again-- I finally survived the download (insert common horror story here), and started playing.

I have lots of constructively critical comments... should they be posted in this forum, or just silently endured?
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »

mb, if they stream it live then they ll do smthing about it - fkin finally
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar