The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console beta survey email - haven't received it

Curragraigue
Curragraigue
✭✭✭✭✭
I applied for beta at least twice maybe three times using my email that is linked to my account for this forum. I applied at least once when we didn't get to choose what platform we wanted to play on and then again when the beta sign up came back from a hiatus with the option of choosing which console you wanted to play on. I haven't received an email regarding beta this weekend (I have checked the spam folder and trash folders as well).

Does that mean that I won't get the survey email because I choose which console I wanted to play on already or are they still being sent out? I put a ticket in 12 hours ago noting that I hadn't received the email and I haven't had a response from CS yet.
PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never received my console Beta survey email, either. I contacted Support and I was told to check my spam folder. I replied by saying I had checked and it was not there. They responded by sending me the customer satisfaction survey that is generated when a ticket is closed - even though the issue is still open from my perspective.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 13, 2015 1:15PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I never received my console Beta survey email, either. I contacted Support and I get told me to check my spam folder. I told them I had and it was not there. They responded by sending me the customer satisfaction survey that is generated when a ticket is closed - even though the issue is still open from my perspective.

I've only raised 3-4 issues with CS but they have never resolved my query / issue with the first response, it is always a generic response that never addresses the specifics in my original email. Usually takes a second email referring to my first email and then they seem to actually read my email and respond to it. Kind of annoying taking the time to post specifics only to have it ignored :/

Looks like there are a few of us so hopefully that means they are still going with the mail out, optimism overload :D

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. Well this sucks *helpless look*
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming up to 24 hours and no response from CS. @Zos_GinaBruno are the emails still going out for the beta survey?

• Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't got mine yet either and I applied for it back when I was beta testing for the pc.....
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems it was random who got it.

I applied for the console beta back then with 5 different emails, one of which I eventually bought the PC version for (this one). Of the 5 though, only one got the console beta survey email, that I have NOT bought the game on. However, the one that got the invite is also the same one that got the Welcome Back Weekend invite for the 16th to 20th, but from all I've read, that was random.

Basically, it seems they hit the "Send Surveys to a random 1 in 20 that applied" button, or something. I don't know the exact odds, but frankly it seems very low. I just got incredibly lucky that one of mine got it.

EDIT: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1726169/#Comment_1726169 (5 replies down in this thread)

Also: To be clear: The email in no way at all states that you are in the Console Beta, or even are guaranteed an invitation.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 13, 2015 10:00PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Balael
    Balael
    ✭✭✭
    Beta survey?

Do you mean beta invites for console?
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    It seems it was random who got it.

I applied for the console beta back then with 5 different emails, one of which I eventually bought the PC version for (this one). Of the 5 though, only one got the console beta survey email, that I have NOT bought the game on. However, the one that got the invite is also the same one that got the Welcome Back Weekend invite for the 16th to 20th, but from all I've read, that was random.

Basically, it seems they hit the "Send Surveys to a random 1 in 20 that applied" button, or something. I don't know the exact odds, but frankly it seems very low.

Was a 100% pick up from the guys in my guild with the exception of me [insert image of person in the rain by themself]

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balael wrote: »
    Beta survey?

From what I have seen the email was to ask whether you were still interested in doing beta on a console and not offering access to beta

• Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balael wrote: »
    Beta survey?

No, it was a simple survey that some people who applied for the Console Beta late 2013/Early 2014 got. All it asks for was your Region and your Console. As I stated, it in no way says nor claims to be a real invite, as many people on these forums seem to think.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're looking into this now, but for the record, anyone who signed up for console beta should have received a survey. It wasn't random. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    We're looking into this now, but for the record, anyone who signed up for console beta should have received a survey. It wasn't random. ;)
    Gina I am one of those people that signed up and I even called and talked to a representative on Friday and they said it was random and said it looks like there are not anymore being sent out.. So I don't know what is going on!!
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks you for being the only dev to actually reply to one of these threads. This has been asked so many times now, but absolutely none replied except for you.

Really, thank you :D
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Gina

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ... I did not own a console back when the beta signups were originally being solicited. Is there a functional website to sign up now?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sign up for console beta back at launch. I did not get a survey aswell. So the was it was random. I really want play the xbox one beta.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...that's settled, everyone who signed up has an email
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten my Console Purchase email or my Beta Survey Email.

It's not in spam folder...and yes, I am eligible.

I have a ticket in with Customer Support.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »

Thanks you for being the only dev to actually reply to one of these threads. This has been asked so many times now, but absolutely none replied except for you.

Really, thank you :D
    Gina isn't a 'dev'. posting on here is her job.
  • Joseph_Nil
    Joseph_Nil
    ✭✭
    Where can I sign up for Xobox One beta testing please?
  • Joseph_Nil
    Joseph_Nil
    ✭✭
    Xbox sigh one day I will learn to type :(
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't sign up for console at the moment. They sent out emails with a survey to people that signed up a year ago to ask them which server they would want to play on and to see if they still wanted to try beta on console. It's that email that this thread is about.

I heard back from CS and they told me that the beta survey email was sent randomly to people, lol. I guess they don't read the forum.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't sign up for console at the moment. They sent out emails with a survey to people that signed up a year ago to ask them which server they would want to play on and to see if they still wanted to try beta on console. It's that email that this thread is about.

I heard back from CS and they told me that the beta survey email was sent randomly to people, lol. I guess they don't read the forum.

Not true, about it being a random selection...there are official responses on these forums as of 3 days ago that confirm that anyone who signed up for console beta should have received the email survey. It's not random but does require that people checked the console when signing up for PC beta (so if you didn't go back and sign up again when the console options were put in...you haven't signed up).

Also for me it was in my spam/junk folder.

Assuming people did sign up and check the box for console, either ps4 or Xbox one AND gave an accurate email address, they were sent an email per ZOS staff.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 14, 2015 11:20AM
  • Dionysusjones
    Dionysusjones
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah..... Just got my console 20$ conversion email and yet no console beta???? I signed up for PC AND ps4 Beta. I was in tons of beta weekends for PC. I will be seriously upset if I don't get an invite. Im bringing a whole clan from FF14 to ESO and I want to show the guys the ropes during beta.

ZOS please make this right thanks!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 14, 2015 2:20PM
  • Daniel_NZ
    Daniel_NZ
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I too, have not yet received a beta survey email on any of the 4 email addresses that I used to sign up for the console beta on two separate occasions in early 2014 (Feb and April). Not in my spam folders. Was refreshing my emails desperately all weekend after seeing your post about them going out over the weekend, but alas, nothing. Sent a support ticket in and got this in reply: "Beta testing for the console versions of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will start at a later date. We will make an announcement when we send out the invitations." That just felt like a bit of a slap in the face for someone who has been supporting and waiting so patiently for so long, and held a physical imperial edition preorder for nearly a year and a half now. Please, Gina, sort something out, some of your biggest supporters are obviously getting left out here, as evidenced on this forum (and others around the internet).

Edit: Just wanted to add, that I watch ESO live every fortnight hoping for a bit of news on the console beta, and when you said about the emails RIGHT AT THE END of the last episode I almost couldn't contain my excitement. I put the news onto the ESO subreddit and discussed this excitedly with everyone. I was so disappointed when I didn't even get one email, and then got brushed off by support too...

I hope you guys can sort this out!

Edited by Daniel_NZ on April 14, 2015 12:29PM
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously if they plan on giving everyone who signed up for the console beta only for some of us to not receive it and then decide to give people a 2 hour beta test a week before it launches would be severely messed up... im annoyed at this situation with not only having to wait for console release and how they didn't release around the time pc got released but this beta survey email fiasco is utterly foolish. Basically they need to stop messing around and send out the beta codes to those who qualify for these consoles.... Pc got their beta a year before launch and then some, here the console beta is like down to the last second, they should just call it a demo for consoles and not a beta....grrrrrrr Lets go , get with the program Bethesdamax online!!!
    Edited by Argoniawind on April 14, 2015 12:43PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true, about it being a random selection...there are official responses on these forums as of 3 days ago that confirm that anyone who signed up for console beta should have received the email survey. It's not random but does require that people checked the console when signing up for PC beta (so if you didn't go back and sign up again when the console options were put in...you haven't signed up).

Also for me it was in my spam/junk folder.

Assuming people did sign up and check the box for console, either ps4 or Xbox one AND gave an accurate email address, they were sent an email per ZOS staff.

Yes set out in the OP how I signed up both before and after the sign up hiatus and Gina's email above confirmed that it was not random.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never got one either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..... Just got my console 20$ conversion email and yet no console beta???? I signed up for PC AND ps4 Beta. I was in tons of beta weekends for PC. I will be seriously upset if I don't get an invite. Im bringing a whole clan from FF14 to ESO and I want to show the guys the ropes during beta.

ZO$ please make this right thanks!
    If you didn't go back and sign up specifically for the console BETa which was after the PC beta...they wouldn't know that you were interested. Sorry if I read your comment wrong or misinterpreted it.

Buying the $20 version and being in the PC beta isn't what gets an email sent to you for console beta
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Not much of an update, but for anyone that didn't receive the survey but did indeed sign up for console beta, could you please PM me the email address you used to sign up? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post