Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Collectible Creatures Fan Art Contest"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Collectible Creatures Fan Art Contest."

Enter our brand new fan art contest for a chance to win great ESO prizes! You have until May 3rd at 11:59PM EDT to submit your best entry.

Good luck! :)
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why Poland can't start? :(

And why only Drawing/painting. What about some 3d renders?
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to participate but my level of art is even below this :(

article-0-06BBF85B000005DC-435_634x401.jpg
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »

And what about screenshots! we forget screenshots!
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divad Zarn wrote: »

Do You really think modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting scene is equal to press F12?

jokec-bije-ci-brawo-gif
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3D and digital art is fine as well! We're just looking for some sweet original art. Screenshots, however, will not be eligible for this contest.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    Divad Zarn wrote: »

Do You really think modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting scene is equal to press F12?

jokec-bije-ci-brawo-gif

Of course, you need lighting scene in screenshot too, also you should know how to press dat f12 button, its hard and risky.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭

3D and digital art is fine as well! We're just looking for some sweet original art. Screenshots, however, will not be eligible for this contest.

Awesome :), but as mentioned before. What about countries not listed in Rules? Is there hope?
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! Had an awesome idea, original one, what to DRAW. But heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, guys, heeeeeeeeey guess WHAT?!?!!? MY COUNTRY AIN'T ON THE LIST.

https://youtu.be/KM5kbIczVUo
    Edited by Aeladiir on April 10, 2015 9:10PM
  • Lyaeus
    Lyaeus
    ✭✭
    Are the pets/mounts allowed in the entry limited to only what is in game now? Or can we include some that are confirmed to be added in game later? I'm looking specifically at the other senche mounts, I'd love to try out the clouded senche that is featured on the contest announcement (it's definitely top on my want list).
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭

Awesome :), but as mentioned before. What about countries not listed in Rules? Is there hope?

Not a contest organizer, but: usually, country/age restrictions are strictly a legal matter, rather than something Zenimax has personal rules against. So probably no hope :(
    Edited by LadyNerevar on April 10, 2015 10:54PM
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • KiKiKoy
    KiKiKoy
    ✭✭
    No way! T____T Why is Italy out of the list? I'm so sad right now U_U
    I was already thinking of which pet and to draw, unfair U_U
  • Harva
    Harva
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, can we include a senche mount since there are so many screen shots of them yet they are still not in the crown store? When are they going to be available anyway?
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    If it's cool to add suggestions here for future contests: I would love to see more qualifying formats than just JPEG and PNG. :smile:

Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    What if we have more than just one fave pet/mount? Are we limited to painting only one or can we have multiple creatures in the piece?
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • mcmatib16_ESO
    ah could've bet on it : Canada (excluding Quebec) -> I'm really cursed on participating any US contest with all companies..
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    GreenTea wrote: »
    If it's cool to add suggestions here for future contests: I would love to see more qualifying formats than just JPEG and PNG. :smile:
    Suggestions are totally welcome. What other formats do you suggest we include?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Lyaeus wrote: »
    Are the pets/mounts allowed in the entry limited to only what is in game now? Or can we include some that are confirmed to be added in game later? I'm looking specifically at the other senche mounts, I'd love to try out the clouded senche that is featured on the contest announcement (it's definitely top on my want list).
    You can include creatures that exist in the game or would conceivably exist in Tamriel, but aren't currently offered as a pet or mount, sure.
    What if we have more than just one fave pet/mount? Are we limited to painting only one or can we have multiple creatures in the piece?
    You can include as many as you'd like!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about people from other countries that are not listed? Maybe only digital rewards or any other walk around?

Im sure there is a lot of us who would join.
  • wojiaoshiyuan3
    wojiaoshiyuan3
    Soul Shriven
    Is werewolf consider as a creature?
  • Trousers
    Trousers
    ✭✭
    Can we make comics by any chance? :smiley:
    Edited by Trousers on April 14, 2015 1:29PM
    ~Autu~

• Krision
    Krision
    ✭✭
    Need to enter the passport number and address in the email body?
    DK tank v16
    Templar DPS v16

I will kill your monsters!!
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The file size restriction will be a challenge, is there somewhere we can see the entries?
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Suggestions are totally welcome. What other formats do you suggest we include?

I'd personally love the option to submit an animated gif for this contest and anything in the future. 5MB limit is still fine for it, I just think it'd be neat to include a few frames of animation :)
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno ! :3 I was wondering if there was any size restriction present I missed in the contest rules? And if it's required for the image to be fully colored or if black and white submissions are acceptable as well? Thank you ^^
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Drawberrry. We request that the image be 5MB or smaller in file size, but we don't have any restrictions in terms of the dimensions of the file. You're more than welcome to submit a full color, black and white, or even a neon pink image--some of us are colorblind and don't know the difference.

We look forward to seeing your entry!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    Sweeettt thank you ^_^
  • WildCard8788_ESO
    WildCard8788_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    May I upload my submission to my DeviantArt or do I need to wait until the contest is over?
    Thanks in advance!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    May I upload my submission to my DeviantArt or do I need to wait until the contest is over?
    Thanks in advance!

You can absolutely upload it before the contest ends, sure.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    Thanks in advance!

You can absolutely upload it before the contest ends, sure.

Sweet =) Just finished mine and sent it off to be entered, now to upload it to DA =D
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • wojiaoshiyuan3
    wojiaoshiyuan3
    Soul Shriven
    Will all the submission be posted on tumblr? How do I know I successfuly submitted my entry? (because I send twice with two of my email and got no respond)