Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nonvet campaign, the learning field for new players...

FappySloth
FappySloth
Soul Shriven
Im not sure if i should post this but this is the second time the game made me so angry that im thinking of deleting the whole folder as it is.

Started during the open beta and the game immediately sucked me in , was expecting "Skyrim online" but the community was the real reason i was playing the game for nearly three months nonstop. I was enjoying pvp the most, but the performance was so terrible sometimes... i gave up, deleted the game and only returned now as the game went b2p.

As a returning player whos mostly interested in pvp i immediately checked out the nonvet campaign (since the game improved and changed a lot i had no idea how my main character should be geared, my previous guilds wasnt there anymore, etc) and it was amazing, like the first time i played ava i lost track of time and was having a lot of fun ( also no crashes, lagging, rollbacks).
So i started making alts, buying backpack upgrades for them and started raising their riding skill (bought the imperial upgrade too) expecting to level them and just generally having fun in the nonvet campaign.

I also decided to try to get the empreor title so i spent a few hundred thousand ap and a lot of gold for repairkits, sieges etc and started playing in the new campaign, hoping to find other players/guilds to play and have fun together.

Then after 1,5 day in the campaign i got a pm starting with "seems like we have to talk about our ap" ...

I remember empreorship farming/guilds bullying others was a problem back in last summer too but then peole had the option to ignore the campaign where guilds were just flipping keeps to get empreorship and play in an other campaign.
But there is only one nonvet campaign now and it is (to say the least) a littlebit frustrating getting pm-d telling me someone does not want "to waste their time", so i should just stop playing until he gets over me in the leaderboard and becomes empreor otherwise i wont have a chance for empreorship because he and hes guild will undermine my attempt for the title.

My first thought was to just keep playing and earning ap, trying to have fun, but how much fun would it be to play the game in an environment where teamplay, helping others, getting back to the community/finding new active (and friendly) guilds is not even an option? I feel like the time i spent with the game since i came back and buying the imperial edition was simply a mistake.

(Btw i would've left the campaign by myself if i could earn the title, simply because its pretty obvious if someone is in the top of the leaderboards they hope to get ranked nr1 and spend a lot of gold/ap/time to get there).

I made an imgur album with the whole conversation (my editing skills are not the best but i think there is nothing against the forum rules there):

edit: removed the link since i realised i should've covered an other playername too
Edited by FappySloth on April 11, 2015 12:47AM
  • Galroth1128
    If they can't get it through legitimate means (pushing through to surpass you) after playing for as long as they claim, then that's their problem. They seemed to have been trying to throw their "popularity" as apparently people "remember them", so I'd say forget it and get emp yourself.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they can't get it through legitimate means (pushing through to surpass you) after playing for as long as they claim, then that's their problem.
    This.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced this is allowed by TOS, it's basically a form of threat of griefing you. I would report the guy.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • MoussOchokola
    Well that confort me in the idea that emperor status need lot of changes in this game ....

Most big guild make arrangement to get 1 emperor then leave the server when they got the crown .... I mainly think emperor need more implication in the campaign and not farming from a guild to make AP then get emperor and leave the campaign.

Oh and yes, for all the troll, i don't want an easier way to get emperor and i'm absolutely not interesting of the title ... i just found there is too many "Ancient emperor" in the game ... It should be the ultimate consecration so why there is so many different emperor per day ???
  • FappySloth
    FappySloth
    Soul Shriven
    Well after some time i think this whole thing at least made me to remeber to threat the game (and the empreor title) as i should, do some pledges and check out pvp sometimes hoping to find friendly players, but dont spend more time with it that what its worth, maybe i was just too serius about the game in the last one or two weeks anyway.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately would be considered greifing even if the method would kinda be lore-accurate as i suspect people vying for Emperor would try and do anything to get it themselves.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    sigh. You get the behavior you reward and the way Emperor was implemented is one of the serious flaws in ESO PvP in my opinion. The game rewards the sort of nastiness you encountered because most people could not get emp without the support of a guild backing them up. The mere existence of the achievement and it's perks creates infighting like this within a faction. That it led to the harassing of you, an individual player, doesn't surprise me at all. If you tried for emp and failed, well, too bad. If you try for emp and get harassed for it, well, I find that totally unacceptable.

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "So im going to ALLOW you to get what you want, ONLY after i get it first."

Anyone who asks this of you, and the guild who supports his assertions = Crazy crazy crazy rude as hell

You earned 1st place, if he lost it, then he is not deserving of the title. The entire system works off playing the game, and competing for 1st place. If you gave him that title it would be completely hallow emperor ship and i could only hope it felt that way to him.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    those people are pure garbage. ignore them. Find a guild that will help you.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Cody on April 10, 2015 6:13PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man if someone ever whispered that crap to me I would rage on them so very very much....
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** that guy. Stay on top, chances are you will be crowned anyway, and if not you can at least be happy you denied such a scumbag the title.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "So im going to ALLOW you to get what you want, ONLY after i get it first."

Anyone who asks this of you, and the guild who supports his assertions = Crazy crazy crazy rude as hell

You earned 1st place, if he lost it, then he is not deserving of the title. The entire system works off playing the game, and competing for 1st place. If you gave him that title it would be completely hallow emperor ship and i could only hope it felt that way to him.

+1

Seriously OP.
    There really are some low life pond scum floating around in ESO.
    Find a decent guild.

Its not upto anyone to decide who gets emperor.
    They are also breaking the TOS by basically griefing you.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 10, 2015 6:51PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    *** that guy. Stay on top, chances are you will be crowned anyway, and if not you can at least be happy you denied such a scumbag the title.

this would have been my new goal
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, report this scumbag asap. they are violating the TOS ZOS so loves to fling at our faces.
  • FappySloth
    FappySloth
    Soul Shriven
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    pppontus wrote: »

this would have been my new goal

At first i was thinking the same, but at the end its not the type of goal its worth playing for.

Btw i was never ranked first only second, but since the guy leading the scoreboard was obviously running for emp i figured he will slow down (and he did after getting crowned)and i will have a chance to overtake him. He only started farming ap again after today i was playing again in the campaign for a few hours and took back the second place, so in some way their guild managed to bring some coordinated gameplay into the campaign, just not the kind and style i would like to participate.
    Also it would be a little bit strange playing in the campaign after this. Especially since they are running multiple pugs (and btw telling ppl to not repair, or to go afk until their buddy gets the +20% buff, which would be ok with a guild based team not so much when autoinviting random people) so today when i was looking for groups i only got invited into theirs :).
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stay on the top, eventually they'll give in and leave the campaign or help you get emp. If they leave, someone else will come along and help you get emp. Eventually, whether they're doing it for you or not, your campaign will get emp and you will be rewarded.

I suspect that sooner or later, they'll ask to make a deal. Something along the lines of, "How about we get you emp and then you leave the campaign."

If you do get emp and defend it for as long as you can. It would be nice of you to then then drop the campaign to give someone else a chance to gain emp but completely optional. You may prefer to keep it, as payback for them being jerks.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a former emperor of blackwater that went through exactly what you did, even to the point of being told "we will never crown you because youre not our guy" I say stick with it.

Do not allow the self entitled to have their way. It happens too much. I have made a career in BB (not recently, mind) of intentionally getting to number one just to block those previous jerks from getting crowned. (ive finished a cycle number one on my faction board six different times)

It works both ways, and people need to learn manners and not to be selfish. We should always support whos on top, regardless of guild affiliation. There is no "golden child" system I, or you, should recognize, and the answer to an emp farmer/bully is simply "blow me"

Once I was crowned (by pure chance via a guild happening to be doing a non-vet raid night), I was asked immediately to drop. I refused. I stayed emp for five days. I defended my keeps vigorously despite half the EP faction rolling blue to dethrone me, despite not having help from that organized group, despite everything else. When all was said and done I wished my second place rival (who i am on good terms with today) luck in their future emp aspirations, and left when I hit V1, still reigning with four keeps.

Never give in.

Edit to add: Are you on AD or DC right now? Who are you? Ill come help crown you. (cant help if youre ep, dont have a lowbie there anymore)
    Edited by Rylana on April 11, 2015 4:43AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, just to maybe lighten your mood, OP, here is a short video that I always think of every time someone in teamspeak starts talking about how they want to be emperor and cant get ahead of someone. (or when i hear stories like yours, always think of this as the guy sending the angry tells)

I think it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFC_EKV-tpE
    Edited by Rylana on April 11, 2015 4:58AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I didn't read this thread. This issue is what pisses me off most in this game. More than the lag, more than the crashes, the bugs, and the zergs. Idiots who can't earn Emperor legitimately so they attempt to demoralize anyone that poses a threat to them.

Ignore anyone that whispers you, and continue playing. If they can't earn the AP to get Emp, that's on them. That's how the game is meant to be played. Players who think that they deserve Emp more than someone else are nothing but turds. As soon as you step foot onto that battlefield, you have just as much of a right to the title as the guy who has been playing since beta.

The week I was crowned Emperor, I hadn't even planned on going for it. My guild assisted in Xylena Lazarow's Emperorship, and defended it into the ground. Because she was an Emperor worth standing behind. Defending her reign earned myself and a guildie to take 2nd and 3rd. We made certain that Xylena not drop the campaign, and if either of us were to be crowned, we would want to have earned it legitimately. To make a long story short, both my guildie, Iyachtu, and myself got Emperor that go around, not by requesting that someone drop, but by sheer determination and perseverance. The friendly competition between Iyachtu and I was really fun as well. Of course, it may not have been as fun if he had gotten it and I hadn't, but still. My point being, laziness and selfishness only attract other *** who are lazy and selfish. Hard work and looking out for others will benefit you in the long run, especially when it comes to gaining Emperor.
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on April 11, 2015 8:27AM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the first tell -> /ignore @playername.

Saves lots of grief in the long run.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i need to get on BB with my new DK and see what new D'bags rule zone chat.

its always interesting to see new potential Toosks:D heheheh.

we are cool toosk we are cool!:D
    Edited by Cody on April 12, 2015 6:16AM
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    Are you in AD?
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had a problem with this a few weeks back with someone attempting to farm emperor in EP BwB. The guy whispered the players on top of the leaderboard and claimed to want to farm emp with them, but only if he got it first. I believe there needs to be a change to the way that emperorship is granted, because any random player with wall repair kits can farm emperor easily, but that's beside the point
    /startrant

I'm an *** in zone chat, but I can't stand it when players are willing to try and force players to drop their possibility of becoming an emperor for no reason other than to get it themselves... A lot of guilds are guilty of attempting to force emperors to abdicate their position because they feel like they are the "only ones who can crown an emp in BwB". That kind of stuff is just idiocy and douchery beyond measure. ... ... A friend and me (mainly the friend) lead a group just last week to crown some guy we didn't know, and that's really what players should do. Don't worry about who's going to be emp -- unless they do crap like this -- just do it for the fact that you're going to get an emp. Guilds that think of themselves like the 'Elites' of any server and attempt to force people to do what THEY want deserve to be just banned for undignified asshattery.

I didn't see the messages, but if the dude was harassing you about it, report his ass. Even if it's just to maybe stop it from happening to other players...

/endrant
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.