The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What could help endgame Dungeons be better?

shanewintchub17_ESO
shanewintchub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
The reason for this is to have a constructive discussion on what would help the endgame Dungeons make more sense to run, and have more participation from the player base. Would love to hear your ideas and discuss.

1. Create more incentive to run them. Put mount, costume and pet drops in them. Increase the experience for Champion Points. I feel that a unique armor set that is equal to what you can craft would be great! Or at least a couple of items that drop off the last boss that you can't get anywhere else but is equal to what you can craft. This way, it gives people options but doesn't destroy crafting. Vanity items or quest lines that allow you to make armor for you mounts. Trophies that are unique to that dungeon.

2. Create incentive to use the Dungeon Finder I realize that you can spam chat or join a guild, but there are a lot of players that would just like to que up and play. This is also frustrating new players because this tool seems to be the way you should be able to group up, but it isn't. So there is this large learning curve that for a lot of people, they just log off or leave that could be great players if it worked the way it was supposed too. WOW is working, they should take some notes? Maybe the Dungeon Finder needs to have a Guild Finder tool as well? You can que up with guilds as well as everyone. Guilds could apply filters as to what they are looking for to que up with them?

3. Better system for explaining boss fights and requirements to run it If there was a guide in the dungeon finder as to gear, attributes and recommendations to completing the dungeon, I think it would be a great add, especially for new players. Such as: You need fire protection of x amount if you are a vampire running this dungeon, or a health pool of 20k min if you are a tank. Simple stuff like that would help players from getting frustrated until they learn the ropes a little.

I just really feel like this part of the game needs some love and would like to hear your ideas and comments.
Edited by shanewintchub17_ESO on March 22, 2015 5:35PM
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incentives are lacking in almost all areas of the game. I mean there is absolutely no point in doing craglorn at all at this point. The quests and mobs give far less XP than even a v5 Caldwell Silver zone.

The dungeons are a tad better with the advent of the pledge system but one could argue those rewards arent even all taht great.

An incentive for using the LFG tool is the only thing they can do to get that off the ground.

So sad that the veteran game content is a hot mess right now and has been for a while. The only reason to get to max v14 level is so you are on even footing with high end PVP.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Less 5 piece Undaunted gear.
    • Useful 5 piece Undaunted gear.
    • Ability to cash in multiple pieces of Undaunted gear (Monster pieces or 5 piece) for desired (quality) undaunted gear.
    • Fights that don't glitch out.
    • More soul gem drops (between rez's and recharge, you should be able to self sustain these.)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 8, 2015 4:55PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS