Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please BUFF Molag Bal (Spoilers)

Daenerys
Daenerys
✭✭✭✭
Last night I beat Molag Bal on the first try without dying once, here's how. I am a sorcerer and used crystal fragments, silver shards, volcanic rune, critical surge, and bound armor. My second bar wasn't even used, but it contained dark conversion, annulment, lightning form, bolt escape, and bound armor. I had 20 lvl 40 +health/magic/stamina potions that I used 3 of.

The key to this fight is to simply keep moving. It used to involve more strategy than that, but honestly all you need to do is keep moving and giving him little love taps with silver shards and your weapon of choice. Just don't stand in the fire and you win.

This fight used to involve more than that, Molag Bal used to be a force to be reckoned with. Now he is a shadow of his former self. Please BUFF Molag Bal.

There was no challenge, thus no sense of accomplishment for beating him.

I've been an avid Elder Scrolls fan since Morrowind. Some of my favorite things about these games have been the story and the challenge. I'm very concerned about the direction this game is heading and have been, ever since the slaughter of the starter isle story. This concern has grown with the unnecessary nerfs of Doshia, Gutsripper, Mannimarco, and Malog Bal. The story "streamlining" and dumbing down of content are a recipe for disaster IMHO. I want this game to succeed and that's why I'm leaving my 2 cents here :)
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, this fight is a pain in the arse with my setup. Just because you had it easy doesn't mean everyone does. And that is the point of this game, we can choose what our setups are so everyone doesn't have to have the same thing to win the game. No. No. No. To buffing Molag Bal.
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    I presently have four characters in ESO and three have beaten M Bal. Dragon knight, Sorcerer and Vamp Night blade, all Veteran rank. (The fourth is a Templar but only 23 level so not ready for that fight) All three battles were difficult, died a lot, a few things were consistent in all three battles... Move ALOT, keep away from Bal, keep tapping with light attacks, heal yourself when ever available( my vamp used swallow soul and saved my butt). By moving a lot, I keep circling him and avoiding the red circles, he cannot heal himself, using block against the titans, titans will just about implode. This is a true MARATHON, but it can be done.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I have never beaten him. I deleted my lvl 50 after trying 12 times with one setup and then tried a few more times with a different setup.
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    i was a lvl 48 drag knight when I beat him for the first time, and it only took one time. and I agree, way to easy. the whole key to beating him is circle him and never stop moving. and question, where are the other companions? why did I go through all that trouble breaking them out if you have to go it alone.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the current state of the game, I have to disagree.

The fight is on level with the rest of the game. a lot harder then any other solo content, but still doable.
    The issue is that IF you got a good build it is a breeze. But if you don't have a good build, you are in trouble and you will be out of content to work on an alternate build (to unlock morphs and skilllines).

So if you want to make it more challenging, either two things (or a combination) should change before that to prevent it being game breaking.
    1: make the game leading up to it more challenging too, so people with *** builds will know it in time and can adept and be ready for this fight. A possible way is by making the main story and mages/fighter guilds more challenging for the level they are played at. They are solocontent and should show to players if they are on the right track with their build or should change things.
    2: alternative: give access to cadwell's silver and goldwithout this quest being done (just reach level 50). That way, when people try it for the first time and need to adept their build, they have places to go to, to develop a new build.

Both should work, but as it is now, the difficulty shouldn't be changed.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU