Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question!!

Ulvis
Ulvis
Soul Shriven
Hello!!
I started playing ESO in pre-lunch 03.30.2014
Now I have started to play again, so I have questions!
I understand that my Elder Scrolls Online version is automaticly updated to The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™?
And Im reading that the The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ version does not need the monthly subscription!
So I must cancell my subscription or it will be canceled automaticly?
And the 2nd question, can I register ESO to Steam, so I could play it trough Steam! Do I need some cd-key or something else?
Thanks!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right that the game does not require a subscription any more, so you (and anyone else with an account) can simply log in and start playing without having to put in card details or anything like that.

But there is also an optional subscription (called ESO Plus) which gives you some in-game benefits, like crowns every month and +10% XP.

If you already had a re-occuring subscription payment set up, or time remaining on a sub bought with time cards, any remaining time will be converted to an ESO Plus subscription and if you've got it set up for regular payments you will continue to be charged.

If you want to stop that happening you will need to cancel the sub. You will still be able to play the game, you just won't get the bonuses and will have to buy crowns if you want them.

And no, you can't register it to Steam. The Steam and non-Steam versions are completely separate.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ulvis
    Ulvis
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for reply!
    Thats sad that you cant play trough Steam! :(
    And thanks again for answering...
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    You could play thru steam but hat would require you rebuying it on steam, which in sure you don't want to do. But that's the only option. Or you could just register it on steam as a "non steam game" that way your steam friends could see that you are playing it.