Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold pledges bugging if your group dies

Sensesfail13
Sensesfail13
✭✭✭✭
Has anybody else had trouble with bugging on gold pledges, I have yet again hit the paper for elden hollow gold pledge and it gave me a silver reward... when the healers and fear spamming mobs were up during the bogdan fight. I have also had this bug out in wayrest vet and various other dungeons. I am curious if anything has been posted about these problems or not???
Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it just happened to us, this is the second time for me on Elden Hollow final boss. Now that you mention it I think it happened to me before in Wayrest, but we thought maybe we just didn't kill enough zombies after the wipe but I bet it was just bugged. Pretty frustrating.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    Now that you mention it I think it happened to me before in Wayrest, but we thought maybe we just didn't kill enough zombies after the wipe but I bet it was just bugged. Pretty frustrating.
    This happened to us a week or so ago. My group wiped, we waited quite a long time for the zombies to reset, but still only got the Silver Key. All of the zombies in the cave reset but none of the ones in the main room.

The problem with Veteran Wayrest Sewers is that it's very difficult to know if you got enough zombies - by the time you're at more than 10 zombies, the group looks the same size ("big") unless you specifically count them. The fact that the zombies in the main room didn't reset might have been a bug - I've definitely seen them reset before, and we did wait at least 5 minutes, probably closer to 8 or 9.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ZOS_The_Adoring_Fan
    Thanks for bringing up these issues. We are looking into both of them now.

For Elden Hollow, did your group reread the scroll after the wipe? Since we don't want to run into a circumstance where one use of the scroll makes the final boss unbeatable for some groups, it resets between attempts.
    Dungeon Team Content Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me to, we did Elden Hollow gold pledge and killed Bogdan after reading the opus of madness or whatever it's called. Everyone in group got a silver key :neutral:

This was my first pledge and the reward the silver key gave me was like any other generic blue loot. I hope pledges wont continue to feel like a waste of time.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had instances where some members of the group get a gold key and some get silver. Does the Opus of Torment have an AoE? Like if you are still standing on the steps, changing your skill bar, you were out of range when someone else read the Opus?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me to, we did Elden Hollow gold pledge and killed Bogdan after reading the opus of madness or whatever it's called. Everyone in group got a silver key :neutral:

This was my first pledge and the reward the silver key gave me was like any other generic blue loot. I hope pledges wont continue to feel like a waste of time.

The silver key loot is very weak. I have yet to meet a single person wearing those Unweaver/Infiltrator/Bastion sets. The only good loot is the monster shoulder armor that occasionally drops from the gold key chests.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing up these issues. We are looking into both of them now.

For Elden Hollow, did your group reread the scroll after the wipe? Since we don't want to run into a circumstance where one use of the scroll makes the final boss unbeatable for some groups, it resets between attempts.

Yes, we always re-read the book, as evidenced by white adds healing Bogdan during the fight. It has happened to me multiple times.
  • ZOS_The_Adoring_Fan
    Yes, we always re-read the book, as evidenced by white adds healing Bogdan during the fight. It has happened to me multiple times.

Alright, thanks for the additional information. We dug into Bogdan's Opus of Torment, and the zombies in Wayrest Sewers, and have a solution coming with Monday's incremental build for both issues.

In the meantime, make sure that you are fully within Bogdan's island when hitting him and not on the stairs where his leash zone begins. We were only able to reproduce this issue when Bogdan was actively leashing and beginning combat within the span of a few milliseconds due to an initial ranged pull from his leash zone. If you are in a group where someone hits Bogdan from range while standing on the stairs, you can leash him and reset the opus by having the entire group move to the stairs.
    Edited by ZOS_The_Adoring_Fan on April 2, 2015 9:30PM
    Staff Post
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright, thanks for the additional information. We dug into Bogdan's Opus of Torment, and the zombies in Wayrest Sewers, and have a solution coming with Monday's incremental build for both issues.

In the meantime, make sure that you are fully within Bogdan's island when hitting him and not on the stairs where his leash zone begins. We were only able to reproduce this issue when Bogdan was actively leashing and beginning combat within the span of a few milliseconds due to an initial ranged pull from his leash zone. If you are in a group where someone hits Bogdan from range while standing on the stairs, you can leash him and reset the opus by having the entire group move to the stairs.

Awesome, much appreciated.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Adoring_Fan I'm not sure if you are already aware, but along with getting a silver key in Wayrest earlier this week (probably attached to whatever Zombie bug you are referring to) but we also had issues of the bosses staying when the bats spawned. The bosses were doing damage to us at the time, and were taking damage. It was just a bit rough, usually the bats are our "gather ourselves and regen" time. :)

[EDIT] If it would help, I was streaming at the time so I do have the dungeon recorded. let me know if you want me to send a clip of the fight over
    Edited by MissBizz on April 3, 2015 1:31AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they just forgetting to read the scroll again after wipes, we did that a couple of months ago and got silver, learned it the hard way :)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    they just forgetting to read the scroll again after wipes, we did that a couple of months ago and got silver, learned it the hard way :)

Reading comprehension fail.
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I did not forget to read the opus again, I found that the entire group has to be in bogdans leash zone if you read it while someone is running up the stairs it will bug.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • ZOS_The_Adoring_Fan
    @MizzBizz Videos are always helpful so that we can get issues reproduced internally as fast as possible. The dungeon team tends to watch a lot of twitch streams during (and after) hours, especially when a new dungeon is on PTS. We can only anticipate player actions to a certain degree, so seeing you all interact with our dungeons firsthand is great.
    Staff Post
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have already done this, but if nothing else the flag or whatever gets thrown up for each player when you read the book should be "zonewide" (by zone I mean the entire area after you step through the last portal). And, once you read the book he should stay stuck on hardmode until the group wipes, and only then reset. That should do it
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Post 1.6 I've had Wayrest gold fail without any wipe twice. Our usual tactics has been to pull the group of zombies in the cul-de-sac to the right after the boss fight has started, and ignoring the zombies on the to the knoll to the left. This used to work 10/10 but failed us twice in a row since 1.6, with no wipes to complicate things either.
    What we now do is a staggered pull of both zombie groups, and that has worked. There might be that there are now fewer zombies in the right group now, because we haven't (re-)counted them, but it feels like a glitch.

@MissBizz, the bosses being up in the bat phase I've experienced occasionally before 1.6 too (not that it makes a difference though, still a glitch I assume).