The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[REQ] afk text notification "typing ...."

gurugeorgey
gurugeorgey
✭✭
In City of Heroes, you used to be able to set the afk text bubble above your head to come on as soon as you hit Enter to type something, so you could set a little bubble to appear above your head notifying others that you were typing while you were typing (e.g. "Hang on a sec, thinking ..."). Is there a similar possibility for this game?

I think it would be very useful because there are often times when you're out in the wilds and meet someone, but you never know what they're doing (other than if they're looking in inventory or whatever, which is a nice touch). This kind of thing would be a good feedback, so you'd know "ah, maybe this fellow is going to say something to me, maybe they want to team up" - so you'd lessen the thing of people just scurrying off in their separate directions without communicating.

Just as a general point for discussion, it continues to amaze me how recent MMOs have paid so little attention to getting grouping right. Somehow, it has to be easy and quick to form groups or join them, but without it necessarily being an automated system. I think part of it is that leading has to be almost a little mini-game in itself, i.e. not enough attention has been paid to the thing of forming a group. There has to be some ease to it, and some tiny bit of reward (in terms of feeling good) otherwise people aren't going to bother - it's already quite a leap to get the courage to do it, so it has to be encouraged. MMOs just aren't doing that nowadays.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

This is impossible for now.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • gurugeorgey
    gurugeorgey
    ✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Hello,

This is impossible for now.

Thanks - awww, sorry to hear :(

• Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be really nice if they'd edit the API to allow it. When I was a few levels lower, I farmed Kwama in Lady Llarel's Shelter to get my WW rank leveled. I ran it so many times I know by heart where all the chests spawn; I can't tell you how many times I've tried to tell others that a chest they'd overlooked was available, only for the person/people to run off before I could finish typing to get their attention.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!