Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to allow ESO to use more than one processor?

Selique
Selique
✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I've been playing ESO since Beta, and recently upgraded my computer to get a smoother frame rate, and overall generally better gameplay performance.

I haven't noticed much of a difference, despite my computer being much better. Any ideas on what I could do to make use of multiple processors?

Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
Hail Sithis..
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using intel or AMD?
    In case of AMD, the answer is not much. AMD is bad ad single thread processes, like games and witi hthe result it only uses one core. Intel is better in this. In some cases it can help to unpark the cores. There are some utility's out there that will do it for you. google is your friend. I highly recommend only doing this when you know what unparking a core does and when it has effect and when it doesn't.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got an Intel i7-4710MQ 2.50 GHz Processor. Unparking is something I heard about, but I'm not sure how to do it, or what programs would be good to use for such a thing. Any good tutorials you guys can recommend?
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will unparking help to boost up performance? there is a slight chance, but if you are unhappy with the performance I would suspect that it is not the cpu. Are you using the intel hd graphics GPU thats build on the CPU? Or are you using a separate GPU and ignore the GPU build into the CPU?? If thats the case, the that is the issue. Build in GPU's are just poorly compared to real external GPU's.

(small note. GPU is the graphical procesor also known as graphical card, the named CPU comes with an build in intel GPU).

All in all, I don't think you can boost the performance a lot without a laptop with a separate GPU.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i7 should be using at least 4 cores.
    I unparked mine as 4 HT cores were always disabled at all times.

You should definitely look into why its only using 1 core.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Un-parking of your cores may help. It got rid of the "shudder" associated with going to new areas; for me.

T.U. utilities only one core. It will spread out some small amount of work to other cores but it only focuses the main workload to one.

The only option you are left with is to Overclock. This is something that you should do only if you realize that it could possibly affect /harm your Cpu. Be Careful.
    Edited by Inactive Account on April 4, 2015 11:15PM