The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Heavy 2H

EricGraham1987_ESO
Is this viable? This is what I am doing in PvE but I like this style for PvP as well. Can it be done?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it myself but I have a few thoughts on it.

With igneous weapons can you push your damage into Heavy attacks rather than skill spam. Not only are heavy attacks free they also return stamina which you can use to keep immovable up, or bone shield or vigor. Immovable will also allow you to heavy attack freely.

Rapid regen is a pretty cost effective, low maintenance heal that should syngergize well with heavy armor without taxing your reduced resource recovery. By having the resto staff you will also have a heavy attack that can restore magicka.

As far as dk skills I would use engulfing flames and burning embers (or appropriate morph) because they are low cost. If you wear the engine guardian set you can use those cheap cast skills to help trigger the set proc.
    Edited by Armitas on March 27, 2015 8:01PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best builds In the game imo
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    One of the best builds In the game imo

What build is?
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Magicka DK, I just love when a stam DK comes for me ... Stam DK is a fraud many people fell for. No magicka = no scale/no igneous shield/no GDB./no flame lash/ no nothing ... With stam you just drop everything that is op in DK ...
    Even nerfed, in open field mass pvp, scale is still the most op skill of all.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Stamina Dragon Knights! They are even easier to kite than the Magicka ones, while they lack all the survivability. I just have to make sure that I don't get hit by Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow and Wrecking Blow.
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    What about a health built heavy 2H dk?
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And contrary to common belief, stam is even useless to blocking build. You need a magicka build to block. What ability you ll use when using all your stam for blocking ? :)
    Edited by Vanzen on March 28, 2015 8:15AM
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    So DK heavy 2H health build isn't viable at all I assume?
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ... Some people think it is and some have some success with it I presume. Thats only my opinion that stam dk is inferior to magicka dk, considering all the options magicka brings.
    Edited by Vanzen on March 28, 2015 10:17AM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been running 2h heavy stam dk, loving the durability and i can still take out these silly perma dodge glass cannons with a few solid hits
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    As a Magicka DK, I just love when a stam DK comes for me ... Stam DK is a fraud many people fell for. No magicka = no scale/no igneous shield/no GDB./no flame lash/ no nothing ... With stam you just drop everything that is op in DK ...

lol, i'm a stam dk (have been since launch). i can't flappy flappy very long; however, the faster TTK more than makes up for that.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    Vanzen wrote: »

lol, i'm a stam dk (have been since launch). i can't flappy flappy very long; however, the faster TTK more than makes up for that.

I was an hybrid before 1.6. Stam was better then.

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to be all heavy but now switched to all meds to play around.

i still slots my flap flap wings and GDB. i dont use it a lot since either myself or my enemy would be on the ground under 5 seconds usually.

yes, flap flap still pretty OP. as well as GDB when turned on RIGHT after Igneous Armor which boosts your healing for the first few seconds (then pop stamina-based Rally as bonus too)

Yes, it's very much viable.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy 2H DK reporting in. Build is fine, viable, and strong.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155315/any-pvp-heavy-armor-builds-out-there-for-1-6#latest

Posted the build in that thread I am currently using. Works good.
    Edited by Rylana on March 29, 2015 8:11AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

i still slots my flap flap wings and GDB. i dont use it a lot since either myself or my enemy would be on the ground under 5 seconds usually.

yes, flap flap still pretty OP. as well as GDB when turned on RIGHT after Igneous Armor which boosts your healing for the first few seconds (then pop stamina-based Rally as bonus too)

Green Dragon blood is good with a heavy tank shield build but its far from OP... Takes close to 4k magicka and at most you might heal for 9k if you have no health but in current PvP if you let your health get to the 30% range you are dead.... Your better off with casting a shield .. I'm sorry I think gdb is extreamily overrated and misunderstood.... In PVP many dragon knights have stopped slotting it...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Green Dragon blood is good with a heavy tank shield build but its far from OP... Takes close to 4k magicka and at most you might heal for 9k if you have no health but in current PvP if you let your health get to the 30% range you are dead.... Your better off with casting a shield .. I'm sorry I think gdb is extreamily overrated and misunderstood.... In PVP many dragon knights have stopped slotting it...

i use it mainly for the stam regen buff. i use it more at full health than low health.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

i use it mainly for the stam regen buff. i use it more at full health than low health.

Pots give 40 secs with a recast at 45 secs instead of 20 secs and costing almost 4k magicka... This allows me to flappy more or cast my damage shield... Green dragon blood the staple of our class is so weak at this point.. Your damage shield is of more value...

I have it on my secondary bar current as a ohh *** heal that I rarely use to be honest...still just does not feel right with out it....

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i use it only in tandem with igneous shield. it gives fairly good damage and make sure my wrecking blows got ammo.

it's good, but you're right, it used to be such a staple...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    What is GDB?
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB = green dragon blood... it's a decent burst heal for magicka DKs, but stamina DKs in heavy armor with a 2h will want to save their magic for igneous shield and use that with 2h rally (momentum morph) for burst healing

and yes, i agree the change in potion mechanics has really weakened GDB, they won't stack so you are better off using tripots or health/stam pots to get the same effect without wasting magic
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB....rally.....critical rush.....executioner.....wrecking blow. The build is readily.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    stam DKs might be cake for mag dks, but as a sorc they are a handful as long as they know enough to use wings and dodge roll. for my stam templar the fight usually comes down to who lands the first wb lol
    Edited by McDoogs on April 3, 2015 2:17PM