The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dragonknight - Reflective.... Fear?

Panda244
Panda244
✭✭✭✭✭
Since they decided Reflective Scales was so overpowered, with the new changes in the game thanks to the CS and Siege, they need to let Reflective Scales affect Siege weapons as well, or at the very least Ballista Bolts. It only makes sense for such an under-powered ability to have one unique feature, am I right?

On a serious note this ability isn't worth a damn anymore, absolutely useless outside 1v1 or 1v2 encounters... If it was so over-powered and warranted a nerf, and Bolt-Escape was so overpowered and warranted a nerf. Then Fear needs to be nerfed as well, it's a stun, damage debuff, and snare, all in one. My main is a Nightblade and even I say that...

Still, Reflective Scales could use a buff, double the projectile limit or put it back to what it was before... It's basically the Dragonknight's ranged attack as a friend of mind pointed at late late last night. Our ranged attack, is reflecting your ranged attack back at you... Now that S&B LA isn't really that viable and LA wearers are squishy AF can I please have the ability to spam my wings against all the bowturds out there again? Please... Pleasssssse... I'll give your entire combat team a cookie @ZOS !!
Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png
Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
#FreeGooey
#FreeAsgari
#FreeAoE
#FreeSubtomik
#FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Can't block through fear... want my flappy flaps back! Or at least allow wings to let me fly! #DKisflyingmount
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't block through fear... want my flappy flaps back! Or at least allow wings to let me fly! #DKisflyingmount

This.. All kinds of this!

Seriously though, it needs to be buffed immensely or removed from the game... It's a waste of a skill slot in 99.99% of encounters.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how it's a waste. If it reflects four projectiles that would have otherwise hit me for 8K each then its at the very least as good as a 32K shield, and that's not counting the damage i am doing by the reflected projectiles.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally still use it. Its nice for reflecting meteors and bow tard snipes. I play as a group tank who tanks 15-20+ players
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I don't see how it's a waste. If it reflects four projectiles that would have otherwise hit me for 8K each then its at the very least as good as a 32K shield, and that's not counting the damage i am doing by the reflected projectiles.

It reflects four projectiles, what about the other 20?
    aco5712 wrote: »
    i personally still use it. Its nice for reflecting meteors and bow tard snipes. I play as a group tank who tanks 15-20+ players

Yeah, as I side, it's useless in most encounters. Situation in things like Meteor, but I'd rather just use defensive posture for that.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Is hardened ward useless because it cannot absorb the damage from 20 projectiles? Are breath of life or GDB useless because they cannot outheal the damage of 20 projectiles?
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even...

Because every other defensive skill can let you live through 24 projectiles within 4 seconds amirite? Reflective Scales can't therefore it is underpowered.

#DKProblems
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on March 31, 2015 7:45AM
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you joking ?!
    Even nerfed scale is stil the most op pvp skill of all !
    In open field mass pvp, I spam it non stop. Well, obviously you need to be a magicka dk, but with 1.8k mag regen with pots, I never die to projectile and rack ap doing nothing.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Are you joking ?!
    Even nerfed scale is stil the most op pvp skill of all !
    In open field mass pvp, I spam it non stop. Well, obviously you need to be a magicka dk, but with 1.8k mag regen with pots, I never die to projectile and rack ap doing nothing.

Nah, I'd have to give that to the Emperor passive for increasing siege damage by 2% :trollface:

I don't even...

Because every other defensive skill can let you live through 24 projectiles within 4 seconds amirite? Reflective Scales can't therefore it is underpowered.

#DKProblems

Can be constructive or not, Reflect just isn't worth the slot imho, and I'd rather see it receive a small buff to the number it can reflect, or have it removed and replaced with a legitimate ranged skill... I hate having to use mostly weapon skills in my builds, makes me feel like there's no reason to play that class.

Is hardened ward useless because it cannot absorb the damage from 20 projectiles? Are breath of life or GDB useless because they cannot outheal the damage of 20 projectiles?

See above.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compare it to Defensive Stance, that skill is a little cheaper, but only reflects a single skill, and only if it is a spell, where as Scales reflects 4 projectiles and increases their damage, whether they are arrows or spells. Scales is so far superior to Defensive Stance it isn't even funny. Imo each skill should be equally deserving of a skill slot, and Scales is much better than most skills out there, class or otherwise. Case in point: what Vanzen said two posts above.
    Edited by Zsymon on March 31, 2015 9:18PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with 4 hits, I'm not fine with 4 seconds. I'd prefer it last around 12 seconds once activated.

12 seconds or 4 strikes feels (to me) as if it were a good compromise.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me DK's are still able to tank an entire group of people. Like you said, its good for 1v1 and 2v1. Not every skill a DK has needs to be able to fight 100 people.....our NB shades are only good in 1v1. Piercing mark is only good in 1v1. Pretty much every skill we have with few exceptions are 1v1. Same goes for other classes. The skill originally made it impossible for a ranged character to even put a dent in a DK. The new reflective scales is far from useless and still has a place on peoples bar. People are just mad they can only tank 10 players now instead of 20.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭

aco5712 wrote: »

Yeah, as I side, it's useless in most encounters. Situation in things like Meteor, but I'd rather just use defensive posture for that.

I run absorb magic because i use this as my primary heal since i have so much stam and not much magicka. Also if someone else wastes your reflect before the meteor hits, that isnt good. scales gives you a little safety net.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • goldin88
    goldin88
    Soul Shriven
    For me, reflective scales still has a home on my main bar, mainly because my face lights up everytime a meteor is reflected back and the caster blows themself up but more so for the fact that 4 projectiles is better than none. I cant see it being buffed anytime soon on the basis that this so called 'Class Balancing' is still not complete, but hay I'll throw a party if it does get one!
    Officer - Magikal
    Goldin - Imperial - DK - Tank - Master Crafter - All Equipment & Consumables
    Goldi-Locks - Khajiit - NB - DPS
    Goldi G - Breton - Templar - Healer
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goldin88 wrote: »
    For me, reflective scales still has a home on my main bar, mainly because my face lights up everytime a meteor is reflected back and the caster blows themself up but more so for the fact that 4 projectiles is better than none. I cant see it being buffed anytime soon on the basis that this so called 'Class Balancing' is still not complete, but hay I'll throw a party if it does get one!

Yeah, I use it for reflecting Meteors and smaller fights, I swap it out with impulse for larger fights. When I was running Stam I completely removed it and slotted defensive stance.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three hours of pvp tonight. I didnt die ONCE from projectile. I could stand in front of keeps facing 10 defenders, spaming pulse, reach, detonation and meteor. Sure, scale is not op...