The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Feedback] New Trial XP

Radixo
Radixo
So today we did all 3 trials to see how much XP they give after the boss XP increase.
These XP values are without enlightenment and with 10% ESO plus and 13% cyrodiil XP buffs and full group of 12 people.

AA- 52000
hel ra - 62000 (or 70000 if you get XP for both mini-bosses)
sanctum - 77000

This is an improvement and the XP from trials is no longer completely terrible. However, the XP is still imbalanced between trials considering the time it takes to complete them.

AA and hel ra take around the same time to complete but you get more XP for 1 run of hel ra. First boss in AA gives 400xp, I know you do not want people to farm the first boss, but you should increase the XP for the other AA bosses to compensate.

Sanctum which takes around 3 times longer to complete and is more difficult than the other trials barelly gives more XP. I would suggest to increase the overall XP from sanctum ophidia by 2 times bringing it to around 150k per run, with much bigger bonus for killing the last boss.

Also the difficult mode(at least in AA) gives the same XP as normal mode. I would also increase the XP you get for killing difficult mode bosses.

There is one annoying bug where each time you kill a trial boss one piece of your gear gets damaged by 50-80% percent, it gets damaged more if the boss gives more XP. In sanctum ophida few people had a piece of gear at 0 durability before the last boss.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is Armor damage has always been linked to EXP gain. You can never be hit by a mob and yet still have your armor completely destroyed just by earning 100k exp. Normally this is not an issue, but now that your get good exp in trials, you will have heavy damaged armor by the end
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The problem is Armor damage has always been linked to EXP gain. You can never be hit by a mob and yet still have your armor completely destroyed just by earning 100k exp. Normally this is not an issue, but now that your get good exp in trials, you will have heavy damaged armor by the end

This is hilarious and awesome. But yes agree with OP, while a step in the right direction we need quite a bit more tweaking to get this right. The time needed to really do trials and get a group together needs to be taken into account in the exp when comparing to grinding methods. You need to make options that are better than grinding for people to do them... else.... grind city.
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/159871/eso-endgame-zos-help-us-want-it#latest

Not only do I agree, but would love to add more to Trial issues. As not to hijack a thread, my endgame issues are in the linked thread.

XP/CP in Trials: completely useless. Large group PVE content supplies the absolute lowest xp gain in game.

My favorite suggestion to fix this so far:
    - Each Trial should simply provide a CP point upon quest turn-in. Remove the xp entirely. Either once a day for all three, or once a day period. At once per day, any given 12man group can simply choose which Trial to do for their "daily" Trial CP (most likely the weekly if available, of course). This will foster large group PvE groups again. As it stands now, I struggle to get a group together because of how unrewarding Trials currently are.
    <X-Raided>
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radixo wrote: »
    There is one annoying bug where each time you kill a trial boss one piece of your gear gets damaged by 50-80% percent, it gets damaged more if the boss gives more XP. In sanctum ophida few people had a piece of gear at 0 durability before the last boss.

There are repair kits for sale in the Crown Store for a reason. :neutral:
    Wololo.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow these numbers are extremely disappointing. Seems that ZOS still can't get it right.

And no. Item decay is surely not the right excuse for unacceptable XP gains. Then change the item decay system.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good group will run 5 AA or Hel Ra per hour. So this gives 0.5-0.75 of a CP per hour without Enlightenment. I guess this is fine. You still won't find groups grinding this for 8 hours a day.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good group will run 5 AA or Hel Ra per hour. So this gives 0.5-0.75 of a CP per hour without Enlightenment. I guess this is fine. You still won't find groups grinding this for 8 hours a day.

say what? 5 an hour lol
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radixo wrote: »
    Also the difficult mode(at least in AA) gives the same XP as normal mode. I would also increase the XP you get for killing difficult mode bosses.

+1. Couldn't agree more!
    Gyudan wrote: »
    There are repair kits for sale in the Crown Store for a reason.
    So, essentially, you want people to pay $8 for each Trials evening session, how nice of you. <3

It's also pointless to use repair-all-items "crown" kit when only one of your items gets 100% damaged and the rest is barely scratched.
    We're discussing increasing Hard Mode XP gain, not AA/HRC normal mode. Same for Sanctum Ophidia which requires a lot more experience and time to complete than AA and/or HRC.

:)
    Edited by F7sus4 on April 1, 2015 9:37PM
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    A good group will run 5 AA or Hel Ra per hour.

Ya, apparently you never heard of the loading screen boss....

and the XP is still to low...

IMO hardmode serpent should reward a CP by itself for all the trouble you go through to do it and time involved to learn/execute it correctly...
    Edited by Lykurgis on April 1, 2015 9:47PM
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run