Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is the Memory Leak Back?

tttopperub17_ESO
Since the patch, I've been seeing some memory leak issues. I'm trying to track it down. Is the memory leak for the ESO client back? I'm just now starting to monitor memory, so I don't have good data to post.
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Since the patch, I've been seeing some memory leak issues. I'm trying to track it down. Is the memory leak for the ESO client back? I'm just now starting to monitor memory, so I don't have good data to post.

Hi tttopperub,

No the OpenGL memory leak from launch is not back.

On the other hand there are some growing pains with OSX 10.10 and the launch of ESO 2.0.

OpenGL on OSX 10.10 is using up a lot more memory in some cases around 200 MB.

ESO 2.0 is needs about 800 MB more ram.

We are currently working on ways to reduce the memory being used.

PVE should be ok.

PVP on 10.10 is very crash prone.

You will want to run PVP on medium and or maybe Medium + low textures.

Additional memory fixes should go live in a week or 2.

A few were pushed out in last weeks update.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • tttopperub17_ESO
    Thanks Chris! Your reply explains what I've been seeing. I'm waiting on the Yosemite upgrade still, unless forced into it by other applications I use.
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Quick update the next patch should contain a bunch of Mac specific memory improvements.

Tell us if it helps.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post