The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ok, so what's the next big idea? Lag still present Thornblade NA

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
That meteor fix didn't do jack. There's also 462462623576 ppl at the bleakers gate I just logged off from. So your delve idea epically failed too. Don't even get me started as to who was around when the lag started, as they could do damage and none of DC could. I'll leave it to your imaginations.
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    But...but... delves idea.... But.... but..... meteor?
    Valkyn Skoria nerfet btw, profit.
    Edited by LameoveR on March 31, 2015 2:32AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The next idea will be the removal of all abilities while in cyrodiil.
    Edited by Cody on March 31, 2015 3:03AM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    The next idea will be the removal of all abilities while in cyrodiil.
    I doubt ZOS did not think about this feature.
  • slowassferrariub17_ESO
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Don't even get me started as to who was around when the lag started

Get started. There are guilds who go where the action is to defend their faction's <snip>.

The service ZoS provides cannot handle what they promised.

End of <snipping> story.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was Skoria nerfed?..how?
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The delve thing is really dumb. Twice tonight I had to kick people from group for straying into a delve. Stop the pve nonsense in pvp. Make Cyro Pvp ONLY. There are plenty of places people can pve if they so choose. Why can't us pvp devotees have our own map just for us???
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a years worth of constant forum posts and customer service calls i've given up. I highly doubt that ZOS will be able to "fix" the lag. So far the only thing "unlimited" about Tamriel unlimited, is the Lag.

Of course, they promise hundreds of players on screen at once, in epic pvp battles...

In Thornblade NA you get 5 players on screen at once and its slide show city, but go to Blackwater Blade NA and there is virtually zero lag, and yes, hundreds of players on screen at once with no problems.

Either the problem lies within the VET version of PvP, or they have Non-Vet PvP souped as a façade, to lure players into staying.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭
    This is my thread, going into deep exposition about my thoughts on Cyrodiil, its state, and potential cure for the lag.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161721/to-zenimax-online-studios#latest

But here is the short version.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161879/aoe-and-damage-distribution-lag-and-a-possible-way-to-solve-it#latest

enjoi.
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going into delves in Thornblade is tossing the dice on whether you get kicked out of the game client or hit an infinite load screen on exit or entrance.

Ridiculous. I wanted this idea to work.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is where I am now

http://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with delves being in cyrodiil. I have done some of them in the past, and they were actually quite enjoyable in my opinion; but there SHOULD NOT be any way to get a boost in PvP by PvEing; similar to how there should not be a boost to PvE by PvPing.

the two need to be separate in my opinion. The chance for the two to co-mingle was blown when people camped campaigns like haderus for months on end just for the PvP buffs to do trials. This community, in my opinion, cannot be trusted for the two to co-mingle. Separate them ASAP. keep them apart until people come to their senses.

Now we will have people from every faction mass camping delves just to keep people from getting the buffs, ruining it for those that just want to do it for the achievements and the skyshards.

just wonderful.
  • Liea
    Liea
    ✭✭
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slow down max non-mounted player movement.

Fifty player blobs- fully run buffed and spamming casts - can't be helping. The server can't even reliably send the initial moments of 1v1 information back and foth.
    Edited by Itoq on March 31, 2015 9:43PM
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think i have just about all my settings turned down except graphics quality and sub sampling And i'm sitting around 15-20 fps with a Radeon R7 of course this is also when siege, 30+ people And affects are going on. Most of the time in just small areas im around 30+ so. Depending on your rig I would check these settings and see if it improves anything of course its not going to help ability delays and crap like that but least you can See whats going on instead of getting Roflstomped be because your rig was choking :smile:
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the reduced run speed suggestion. Perhaps granting minor expedition when in combat and major when not.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I love is that ZOS completely misunderstood what they problem was. When they heard Meteor, they thought Valkyn Skoria. What they should have realized is that everyone was talking about the skill Meteor that seems to be infinitely present in all lag fests.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    After a years worth of constant forum posts and customer service calls i've given up. I highly doubt that ZOS will be able to "fix" the lag. So far the only thing "unlimited" about Tamriel unlimited, is the Lag.

Of course, they promise hundreds of players on screen at once, in epic pvp battles...

In Thornblade NA you get 5 players on screen at once and its slide show city, but go to Blackwater Blade NA and there is virtually zero lag, and yes, hundreds of players on screen at once with no problems.

Either the problem lies within the VET version of PvP, or they have Non-Vet PvP souped as a façade, to lure players into staying.

Blackwater is epically fun PvP I recently rolled a new char but unfortunately it lvl'd to v1 and I was kicked from the campaign!

I wanted to be the Peter Pan of Blackwater and never leave :smiley:

To be honest I'll be creating a new char very soon and going back there, cause as it stands PvP in Chil, Had, Azura and Thorn are unplayable at primetime!

Lag, Game Freezes and PC crashes for all, on the house courtesy of ZOS!

P.S. The Blacwater Blade I'm talking about is on the EU side and is also lag free even in huge fights.

Further to your comment we (a small group I run with) also had the assumption that ZOS are up to something? To sucker and draw in the Newbie players base!
    Edited by SC0TY999 on April 1, 2015 7:38PM