The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guildmasters: Does your Guild Store pay for your Guild Trader?

UrQuan
UrQuan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just thinking about the things I sell through my guild's store, and I started wondering if the guild cut from the items sold actually brings in enough gold for my GM to pay for the guild trader, or if she (or possibly others in the guild) pays some of that out of pocket.

So to all you GMs who bid on (and acquire) guild traders: does the guild cut from the sales actually cover your cost? I thought about setting this up as a poll, but I'd rather have people just post their experiences and talk about things like size of the guild, volume of sales, location of trader, etc. Whatever factors you think might play into whether the guild cut does or doesn't pay for the trader.
Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a Guild Master, but two of the guilds I am in run Raffles to support the Kiosk habit, so store sales can't be paying for it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubtful! This is why most mega trade guilds supplement their bidding power with guild dues or raffles! My small casual guild barely breaks even on out in the boon docks kiosks when we win a bid.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only know of a handful of guilds that actually break even on their kiosks.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A definite no. Guild is 265+ members, 565+ listings atm, high traffic kiosk. We still depend on guild donations to keep it. Tax's off sales sometimes seem non-existent.With out the wonderful guild mates who donate, we could never keep our trader, esp when they can run 500g to 2 mill... Just my take..But love this game!!! Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main trading guild seems to make enough money just from sales to keep its vendor payed. It made around 40 millions of gold just by sales last week. So it earned around 1.4 million in taxes. And they rarely pay more than 1 million for the trader.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, we do, pretty much.

We seem to sell on average ~1,000,000g or so a day in items and that means taxes alone can pay for our trader which is in a very high traffic area.

It isn't easy though!
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, seems quite unbalanced... but, then I don't like the idea of being able to belong to 5 guilds at a time, so any of my insight is useless already... :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, interesting, so it sounds like breaking even on the guild trader is unlikely for most guilds, let alone making a profit. So the ones who do break even or make a profit are probably the higher traffic trading guilds only.

So the guild I sell my stuff in is probably losing money on the guild trader. So I should look into donating something to support it...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's quite possible the mid range trade guilds break even or profit weekly. I can guarantee that the Rawl'kha guilds have to look at more than just tax revenue to pay for the spot. Those out in the middle of nowhere probably don't pay much but also don't make a killing on taxes either. Any given week someone might outbid them on that kiosk as the rent is so low so it's not necessarily consistent. That's part of the issue as well. Trade guilds want consistent kiosks. Losing one week isn't too bad but lose a few in a row and a guild that is devoted entirely to trade doesn't have a functioning guild anymore. Because of that, trade guilds will bid higher than a location demands in order to keep low bidding competition away. The lowest rent kiosk in any given city would be the target for newcomers doing some rent research and be at the greatest risk of changing hands weekly.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 1, 2015 5:12PM
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    I manage the trader bids for 3 EU trading guilds, one big and two medium ones.
    I operate none of the guilds on a profit, and we rely on donations to secure a safe and stable bid level. I do try to maintain a solid gold reserve to be able to ensure we can get our trader back in case we get outbid. And I wouldn't hesitate to throw in a solid chunk of my own gold to back it up.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm ... not a guildmaster, either, but read this thread with interest. I belonged - at one time - to three large, active trading guilds. I sold my stuff in the guild "store" and bought exclusively from the guilds I belonged to. I've only visited a kiosk twice because, overall, I found that kiosks I visited didn't have the inventory of my guild stores. Also, their prices were quite a bit higher.

After that, I exclusively use the guild stores and never go to kiosks. So if I want to buy something, I do the following things in this order:

1. Check the Guild Stores (I can access three from one location).
    2. Ask my guild mates if anyone has the item and wants to sell it.
    3. I might try to farm for it.
    4. Go to a kiosk as a last resort.

Maybe I should utilize the kiosks more, but it's kind of like the difference between shopping on Amazon and driving 10 miles to the store.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu