The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battle level, gear and the use of PvP rewards for low level Chars

lolo_01b16_ESO
lolo_01b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As PvE is increadibly boring while leveling I decided only to do PvP with my new Character. As a result I got a lvl 35 legendary masters greatsword when the last campaign ended. Using 2 handed as my main weapon I was really happy about this reward ... untill I realized that it is worse than my blue lvl 30 greatsword with desease enchantment.

The problem is that all your gear is ignored when the battle level is applied to you. This is an easy way to make sure that everyone is equal, but it makes all rewards useless.

There are two solutions to make rewards feel like a reward again.
The easy one would be to change all golden PvP rewards to vet14, so they will become usefull some time in the future.

The more difficult one and my favoured solution would be to change the battle leveling.
A fair way to do that would be to figure out a base value for each stat (could be the same as a naked v1/5/12 player without passives has) and add the value you would get if you're gear would be the same set and quality as it is at the moment, but v1/5/12. That way a lvl 10 and a lvl 49 character using the same gear would have the same stats, but getting better gear would actually feel like a reward and not just like another item to take up inventory space.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a way to increase the level of an item like using a temper increases its quality.

Never going to happen...