The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game is unplayable today

desciviib14_ESO
desciviib14_ESO
✭✭✭
So far I have been unable to interact with anything 6 times and have to quite and restart, crashed to desktop 2 times, and been kicked back to log screen twice over the course of about 2-3 hours. It started last night when myself and 3 other people on my friends list got kicked and had to relog. We weren't grouped or even in the same areas but I noticed when I logged back in they were doing the same and when I asked they confirmed it happened to them too. and then I had the inability to interact twice so I just quit for the night since it was 2am anyway. Now today the problem seems to have continued on. No problems with any other programs or any other areas of my 'puter'. What gives, man?! I had had these problems occasionally in the past but they seem to happen more and more frequently since 1.6 - 2.0, roughly. I know others are having these problems, Ive seen the posts...just venting cause it feels kinda pointless to log back in to the game right now.

There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    the game we know and love has only gotten better
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercurio wrote: »
    the game we know and love has only gotten better

But what about this one?
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • haileyjschmidtub17_ESO
    This seems so split.
    I know these things can happen but there's got to be a connection between the people having it. My boyfriend gets DC'd maybe every hour or if he gets a long loading screen.
    I've never been DC'd but I guess every few hours I may creep onto a long loading screen that takes a little over a minute.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until about two weeks ago, my gaming was mostly problem free. Occasional lockout/disconnect issues that were easily overlooked. But the last two weeks, and the last few days in particular, it has been painful.

Problem is, doing something mundane like a crafting writ, no problems. Going after a boss in a dungeon or a quest line, just about guaranteed that it will lock up on me as I approach the boss, if not a mob along the way. Of course I come back to the game as a corpse when that happens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too, have had the occasional black screen issue,( and of course lag), in the past.

from 1.6 on though, it's been getting worse.

After struggling with these issues, I lowered my graphics settings, lowered my Overclock,(Which every other app had no issues with, I'd like to point out.) CPU and GPU.

Since the last patch 2.03, on the 30th, this issues have blossomed. While trying to play last night I received the black screen error three times in an hour. To remedy this once again, I lowered my GPU settings, I did not Overclock it at all.. It did seem to help; I played for the rest of the night without issues. I use Precision X to Overclock my card, but as of late, Tamriel Unlimited seems to not want to play nice with it.

So what I now seem to think what is happening is that there is some type of Data flow restriction at the server end of things.

When E.S.O. first came out, I had no problem in running Ultra High settings. I would never get any of these damn Black Screen of Death errors. But, over the last year and a bit, I have been forced to lower my graphic settings more and more just to be able to stay logged in. It seem the more data I am requesting from the servers the more chance I have of getting the client to crash.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today only? You are lucky!
    Edited by LameoveR on March 31, 2015 10:40PM